Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thats highly inaccurate on sooo many levels.  
  • Tredo
    Tredo Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Is it possible that their real reason for doing this is to reduce the cooperation between players? If the bulk of cp is now only available through placement, it stands to reason that the devs want a more competitive game. If players can't join forces to get the bulk of their friends to the 15 cp, it might lead to less out of game communication. Thoughts? 
  • Mustache1
    Mustache1 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Mustache1 said:
    @Brigby

While I personally hate the "wins-based" progression, I understand the drive for it.  As someone who places in the top 5 of CL8 every PVP event, I understand that I represent a tiny minority of the player base and that for the vast majority being able to progress toward PvP rewards without any fear of losing progress is a very welcome change.  Heck, I probably would have welcomed it myself a year and a half ago.

That said, I think the new system is poorly-executed.  There HAS to be a better way to satisfy the people who want to earn rewards without fearing defensive losses.

The problem, as I see it, is that you've essentially split each PvP event into two entirely different games (placement and progression) with different and even competing objectives.  As a player, it is confusing enough trying to figure out how best to navigate this structure myself, and even moreso trying to figure out what the heck my opponents working toward.

I feel like I'm standing in the middle of the Oakland Coliseum with A's and Raiders games happening on the field simultaneously, and players switching back and forth between the two games on a whim.  I barely know which ball to try to catch myself, let alone what the players around me are going to do, and there is no clear direction to win the placement game.  You've turned PvP into a joyless game of Calvinball.

YES. This is the problem. Cp and all like issues aside this is the problem that I see as someone who loved pvp the way it was. You are fundamentally changing pvp. It is now a totally different game. Win based game play is tantamount to pve+. Progression (t10 anyway) will be more cut throat and the masses will have to just accept hitting weaker rosters 40x for 1 4* cover and be content with it. There is no risk. Before you didn't want to get hit so you had to be strategic. Now hits literally mean nothing unless you are someone who can legitimately make it to top 10. I hate pve because it's mindless. You have taken the only strategy left in this "puzzle" game away. 
    Anyone with enough points was hit in PvP. What strategies ? There were alliances on third parties from what I heard and people would not hit the ally of the ally of the ally. If that's what you mean by strategy, then fear no more. Surely this things will happen in the future as well. 

Please don't use strategy for the real reason most of you complain around here: a bunch of CP. Nobody cares of so called strategy. If strategy was what people wanted nobody would have complained about 5* req in PvE or the hard boss battle against Kaellicius. But guess what, they did complain.

Furthermore, nobody pays anything for PvP progression. It's a free of charge content, and the same for everybody. If they want to erase all the rewards and give us just 20 HP, then they have the right to do so. Granted some people would not play, but still a lot would. Why ? Because we play the game because we like it. We are returning everytime because we enjoy playing with our favorite marvel heroes. 

I rather think that all this race for CP & high rewards made us miss the most important reason we play the game: enjoyment. We don't play for CP, we play for our favorite heroes. There is a thin line between the two, and it seems most of the guys here crossed it. And it is sad man... pretty sad.
    Picking when to play, what slice, what cl, when to hop, who to hit, cycling for good qs, hopping fast, when to shield - this is called strategy. Your logic is flawed. We do play this game because we love it. So there is the issue. They are changing what we love. I'm a bit of a broken record but this is what I'm saying about this being a newer version of pve. They are taking the versus out of versus.
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    I can tell you right now i have people in my alliance talking to other alliances about bracket watching to try and organise the time that they join brackets so that they all end up in a bracket with only 9 other competitors.  The gaming the system on external chat clients will continue the target is just different
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:

Furthermore, nobody pays anything for PvP progression. It's a free of charge content, and the same for everybody. If they want to erase all the rewards and give us just 20 HP, then they have the right to do so. Granted some people would not play, but still a lot would. Why ? Because we play the game because we like it. We are returning everytime because we enjoy playing with our favorite marvel heroes. 

I rather think that all this race for CP & high rewards made us miss the most important reason we play the game: enjoyment. We don't play for CP, we play for our favorite heroes. There is a thin line between the two, and it seems most of the guys here crossed it. And it is sad man... pretty sad.

What are you trying to accomplish pitying people for wanting to improve their roster?  You're the only one here even trying to defend the removal of CP, for no other reason than that it balances out like CP is some unrenewable resource.  And trying to connect it to some emotional appeal just doesn't make any sense.  

A great move was putting CP at 575.  It didn't hurt anyone and it helped everyone.  Today's move doesn't feel like it has the same intentions behind it as that one did.  
  • Treras
    Treras Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well at least this time we got a warning before it happens. The player base will adapt but i dislike this change
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Give back the 15 cp for progression in PvP and return to roster based scaling for PvE, best of both worlds tbqh
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Thank you, D4N13, for explaining to me why i enjoy mpq.

I always thought that i was middling enthusiastic about the mervel license, but really enjoyed the roster building, resource management, and team construction aspects of mpq bolted onto a pretty well implemented match3 game.  But nope, it was for the joy of playing "with [my] favorite heroes."  I am so much clearer on my own opinion now! [/snark]

And who said anything about demi not havung the right to make this change?  We all agreed to thise stupid terms of service, and as much as i would love to see courts take a closer look at eulas, itcs pretty clear than they are enforceable.  The argument is about what demi *should* do, not what they *can* do.  And i think this is a bad change for may reasons stated at length in this thread.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Yeah I only play PvP casually and only once in a while but I would climb to 575 for that 10 CP or 650 for an event token and then just let myself fall. Usually would only take me 8 to 9 matches over a few days.  Now, 8-9 matches won't get me anything so I won't even bother with PvP.  MMR really doesn't matter anymore either so it should be dumbed down so that you can see easier rosters since now PvP really is just a time sink of having to win 40 matches.  Might as well allow many of those matches to be quick and easy.  Pretty poor decision by devs and I am not even much of a PvP player. I guess there are always winners and looser and this is really good for 3* rosters trying to transition to 4* but really bad for 4* rosters on up.  I can only assume that 3* transitioners must be pumping more money into MPQ?  :/
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Obviously some communication was intended and some cooperation. Otherwise you wouldnt have alliances and in game chat. 

This is a move to sale hp and health packs, and increase buy room sales. 

Whatever the motivation is, the move is stupid
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

Picking when to play, what slice, what cl, when to hop, who to hit, cycling for good qs, hopping fast, when to shield - this is called strategy. Your logic is flawed. We do play this game because we love it. So there is the issue. They are changing what we love. I'm a bit of a broken record but this is what I'm saying about this being a newer version of pve. They are taking the versus out of versus.
    PvP is now like PvE with just worse rewards (basically no CP for almost entire player base). I guarantee that I can earn better rewards in less time playing a 3 or 4 day PvE at SCL 7 than having to win 40 matches in 2 days against Gamorra, Grocket and Medusa. Maybe devs hope health pack purchases will increase significantly!
  • PolarPopBear
    PolarPopBear Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Warbringa said:

PvP is now like PvE with just worse rewards (basically no CP for almost entire player base). I guarantee that I can earn better rewards in less time playing a 3 or 4 day PvE at SCL 7 than having to win 40 matches in 2 days against Gamorra, Grocket and Medusa. Maybe devs hope health pack purchases will increase significantly!

Shhhhhhh if you talk about it too much they will move the PvE cp to top10 placement too
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,744 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tredo said:
    Is it possible that their real reason for doing this is to reduce the cooperation between players? If the bulk of cp is now only available through placement, it stands to reason that the devs want a more competitive game. If players can't join forces to get the bulk of their friends to the 15 cp, it might lead to less out of game communication. Thoughts? 
    Absolutely that, they have to fight each other for it rather than give each other a leg up. Thats competitive pvp and makes them less likely to bump a non alliance mate.

That said I really enjoyed the cake era, sure I knew I was exploiting the game but because I could never recreate those hops and excitement I lost interest in pvp, it became a more exclusive club. I imagine this is another step to narrow that down some more.

i have no idea why people always bang on about health packs, I use fewer health packs in this game than a year ago or two years ago. If all they wanted to do was rob you of packs the last thing they would have done is change pve scaling. I use none as a 4 star player in cl8, most times I don't even to even swap out my team. Not the sort of play a devs team would want if they wanted me to buy packs.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    Tredo said:
    Absolutely that, they have to fight each other for it rather than give each other a leg up. Thats competitive pvp and makes them less likely to bump a non alliance mate.

That said I really enjoyed the cake era, sure I knew I was exploiting the game but because I could never recreate those hops and excitement I lost interest in pvp, it became a more exclusive club. I imagine this is another step to narrow that down some more.

i have no idea why people always bang on about health packs, I use fewer health packs in this game than a year ago or two years ago. If all they wanted to do was rob you of packs the last thing they would have done is change pve scaling. I use none as a 4 star player in cl8, most times I don't even to even swap out my team. Not the sort of play a devs team would want if they wanted me to buy packs.
  • Tony_Foot
    Options
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I certainly don't try to defend them. 
    You could've fooled me. I thought we need to stand behind the game just like we support our football team through the good and the bad?
    I'm wish someone would vault my football team  :'(
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 2017
    Options
    edit: delete double post.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I'm all for win-based PvP because with it, I can play despite IRL stuff. So there's that. But, I had a question. Pretty sure someone else (or lots of someone elses) have had the same.

Couldn't we have accomplished the same thing--and probably with a lot less vitriol--by just deprecating the value of hits to 1 or 2 points and leaving the rest alone?
    Did we really need a full rewards overhaul that demands yet more time and effort for less reward?