Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Win progression is so off, its crazy, It usually takes 20-26 wins to get to 900 for a 4* reward for most people.  Now your making people get to the 40 win progression for the same reward. @Brigby
    ask the Devs why punish players when this is how most people develop their rosters, get better, and enjoy the game.  I've been in a lot of brackets where getting top 10 is not even possible by scoring 2K points.  Making the 1.2k cp reward was nice so I could get cp progression to further develop my roster.   It just seems that the Devs are not making this choice with the games best interest in mind.   
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Jarvind said:
    Meander said:
    tiomono said
    So I'm copping out, and whiny? 70% of the replies in this topic have been whiny. I was not whining but expressing my happiness over a change. Let me be happy.
    Yes. Using your wife and kids as an excuse is a cop out.
    Holy smokes, dude. Did you like, read that after you typed it? That's some serious addict mentality.
    I don't think meander meant that responsibilities to family aren't important.  Just that a player using family as a prop to justify something that is basically unrelated to family is inappropriate.

Tiomono: i really don't get your argument.  Old mpq pvp takes time and can definitely chew into a player's ability to spend time with family.  But new mpq pvp takes about 2x as many matches to get the same rewards!  Is it really better for your family if you spend twice as much time playing pvp on a slightly more sporadic schedule?  Sounds like a push at best to me.
    For me it was similar time invested. I play casually I did not in any way press for placement. With my play pattern I would rarely even hit the 800 point progression for the 3*. But with my play pattern the win based allowed me to not only hit the 3* but also the 4* progression. It wasn't so much time spent total in an event it was my sporadic play times in an event that made shielding or timing shields multiple times in an event was not worth the hp cost for me.

So for me personally with my play pattern this is a very welcome change. I am not saying it works for everyone. I am not saying I was playing to my full potential before. I am only saying with my pattern of play I personally like this change.

• Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:

I'm afraid my original comment may have appeared a bit disengenuous. The original reason for this implementation was because the developers determined there would actually be more players that achieved the CP reward if put in placement, than if they tried to acquire it in progression.

The reason I said that I didn't know the exact reasoning in the above comment, was more so that I wanted to reaffirm with the developers if this was still the case, after reviewing the results of the test. I apologize for the confusion.
    That doesn't make that much sense unless its players in CL6 and lower making top 10. Out of 500 players only rewarding the top 10 the extra 15 CP versus in my CL from before there were well over 10 players making 1200 pts to get the extra CP, so that reasoning from the Devs doesn't make that much sense.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Again, no offense, but all i see in your response is "me" "me" and "I."

Read some of the comments of the people who have 4* and get smacked down trying to get to 575.  It happens. And not everyone can get 300 points in 5 or 6 matches. I have three champed 5*, and sometimes even after skipping dozens of 30 or 40 point matches, i have to settle for 51 points.  It's annoying and frustrating, and just further evidence that climbs can vary amongst people.

Once you realize that *your* experience =/= *other* peoples experience, i hope that you see this is better for the long term health.
    Maybe I can help here, then. This change doesn’t directly affect ME in the least. I average 70-80 matches per PVP already (during last test had an alliance mate reach 400 in a single event just because the counter was there). I am able to place t5 CL8 every event I want the covers. I lose nothing. That YOU don’t realize how much YOU lose is what is trying to be pointed out.

Currently, in my CL8s, 1200 isn’t even enough for t25. So 10-15 players will be dropping down a CL level. But CL7 in my shard is similar, so now this 10-15 crowd out CL7 in addition to the 5-10 currently in CL7 that would have had to drop anyway to get CP. Now you have 15-25 people dropping into CL6 and 5 and poof, no CP for those that hadn’t been getting to 1200 historically. And since most that wanted this can’t even get to 900 consistently, not only have you lost your chance at CP, but you’ve also given away your ability to secure the cover/iso/HP placement awards that currently are accessible. 
    No, i have already conceded several times that i am losing out on potential cp.  I have also been asking for a hybrid system or wins being lowered.  

What i am waiting for is some concession that this helps more people than it hurts. I have arguably the best three 5* champed.  Panther, thanos and strange.  My pvp and pve are a breeze compared to what they were 500 days ago.  

They are basically saying that i am giving up some cp so that newer players have easier access to 4*, thus hopefully keeping them engaged so they do get to the 1400 day mark like me.

You might not like to pay that cost, and i don't either, but i understand it
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Except that that explanation is a lie
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    the only way i can see this fixed to some amount is if devs open cl9 in pvp and put CP to t25 or even t50. smh
  • corytutor
    Options
    Or leave all cp in win progression
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spud said: They are basically saying that i am giving up some cp so that newer players have easier access to 4*, thus hopefully keeping them engaged so they do get to the 1400 day mark like me.

Way to accept demi's premise without question.  

Why do you have to lose cp tp help new players?  That's a false, or at least entirely arbitrary, choice.

• Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elvy75 said:
    the only way i can see this fixed to some amount is if devs open cl9 in pvp and put CP to t25 or even t50. smh

corytutor said:
    Or how about this?
    Milk Jugz said:
    This is most certainly a divided issue. People with low level rosters can now achieve the 4* cover- Great!! But, people with high level rosters now have to play twice (at best) matches to get that same reward and there is no guarantee of getting the 15 cp at the end- Against much harder opponents too!! That is a huge step backwards on incentive to build your roster. At this point I'm pretty much resigned that win based is going to be here to stay. So, I'll attack this from a different angle. If the issue is low level roster vs high level roster why not open up CL9 with points based progression?? That will keep high level rosters out of lower CL levels opening placement there for the people that really need those rewards. Open CL10 with the same structure. As you build your roster though the first 8 CLs eventually you can graduate to the real competition in CLs 9 and 10.....

I for one would never drop out of CL9 if that was the case

I'm pretty sure this got buried in a flurry of comments
  • elvy75
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Spud said: They are basically saying that i am giving up some cp so that newer players have easier access to 4*, thus hopefully keeping them engaged so they do get to the 1400 day mark like me.

Why do you have to lose cp tp help new players?  That's a false, or at least entirely arbitrary, choice.

If they really wanted to help little players while keeping old players happy, cp should stay in progression. Since they want to make it a grind, let it be the same as pve (story). Not everyone will want to get to that many fights, but those that want to would have the option
  • Richyyy
    Richyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    corytutor said:
    Where are they suposed to put it that wouldn't lead to a similar-length complaint thread? The 4* is already at 40 wins. They'd want it to require meaningful additional effort. So 60? 70? The time requirement per PvP just gets insane, even if you're making it 'achievable' for everyone.
  • elvy75
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    elvy75 said:

corytutor said:
    Or how about this?
    Milk Jugz said:
    This is most certainly a divided issue. People with low level rosters can now achieve the 4* cover- Great!! But, people with high level rosters now have to play twice (at best) matches to get that same reward and there is no guarantee of getting the 15 cp at the end- Against much harder opponents too!! That is a huge step backwards on incentive to build your roster. At this point I'm pretty much resigned that win based is going to be here to stay. So, I'll attack this from a different angle. If the issue is low level roster vs high level roster why not open up CL9 with points based progression?? That will keep high level rosters out of lower CL levels opening placement there for the people that really need those rewards. Open CL10 with the same structure. As you build your roster though the first 8 CLs eventually you can graduate to the real competition in CLs 9 and 10.....

I for one would never drop out of CL9 if that was the case

I'm pretty sure this got buried in a flurry of comments
    thanks for reposting it, as i haven't pay attention to all comments
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

You read between the lines how you want, but this is how i interpreted it.

Do i wish there was a 4* ddq, especially since there are more now than there were 3* when they introduced it?  Absolutely. But they have their mind set on keeping the vets like you and i from climbing to far away from new players.  See my comment a couple pages ago about what a newer player has to do to get to our point.

I also said i didn't like the choice they are giving us, just that i understand it
  • corytutor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Richyyy said:
    corytutor said:
    Where are they suposed to put it that wouldn't lead to a similar-length complaint thread? The 4* is already at 40 wins. They'd want it to require meaningful additional effort. So 60? 70? The time requirement per PvP just gets insane, even if you're making it 'achievable' for everyone.
    Yes. Its more play. But theyre already shoving that down your throat anyway so you might as well make it achievable. Its supposed to generate more cp right? Then dont exclude it to all outside t10
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee said:
    Also, the devs have stated that giving out the 15 CP will award more CP per event than players were achieving by the 1200 progression. If their claim is true, more CP will be entering the player economy, so it's overall more rewards.

Yeah well, that's a big frigging LIE. Most brackets in CL7/CL8, top 25 is over 1200 easily.

This does not factor in either people who hit 1200 and dont bother shielding.

Currently there is a lot more than 10 people hitting 1200 per slice.
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just as most decisions in this game and many like it, it comes down to money.  This is why they don’t show data. It is like oml nerf (not enough health packs) it the hfh store with the higher amount. It would be my guess that they have data showing the money they lose on most people getting shields they will make up with health pack sales and people still buying shields to get the cp from placement. 
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    That’s reasoning the 40 wins are a realistic number. It isn’t. 900/40 means 22.5 points per match. I average more than twice that for my matches and 20 wins is what i need at most for reaching the 900 points mark. I don’t need 40 matches to reach 1200 even with attacks coming in.
    That math only works if you assume 0 losses.  It's easy to get -100 or -200 in a very short time the higher you go (sometimes minutes).  It's those defensive losses that keep people rising much above a certain level (unless the go nuts with shields).  
    I mentioned attacks. They still don’t make me take 40 matches till 1200 points. I know that others may have it harder in that regard but i don’t think my experience is exotic either. There’s a lot of room between 20 and 40... Also it doesn’t adress my biggest gripe, the loss of the CP reward.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    scottee said:
    Also, the devs have stated that giving out the 15 CP will award more CP per event than players were achieving by the 1200 progression. If their claim is true, more CP will be entering the player economy, so it's overall more rewards.

Yeah well, that's a big frigging LIE. Most brackets in CL7/CL8, top 25 is over 1200 easily.

This does not factor in either people who hit 1200 and dont bother shielding.

Currently there is a lot more than 10 people hitting 1200 per slice.
    That is true for CL7/8, not necessarily CL6. However this will now make people choose between a 4* and CPs though, which doesn’t sound to me like more rewards are being distributed more fairly/generously.

Ill-conceived, just poorly thought through generally and not receptive to any feedback of which much was constructive. 

Disappointing, really disappointing.