Time Gem Season Updates *Updated (10/19/17)

Options

Comments

• thedarkphoenix
    thedarkphoenix Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Maybe we will get real time pvp one day with random players and rewards.

A man can dream.....
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Tony foot: are in 5* land? 1 critical tile match or cascade can easily do 10k or more damage.  5* play is pretty hard on the healthpacks, especially in pvp.

Indeed but by percentage those playing the 5 star game are a small portion of the player base, again if the aim was to just make people use more packs and buy them like people keep suggesting they wouldn't have touched the scaling in pve that was killing people in 5 star land.

I really doubt health packs are behind this. I doubt those 5 star players will use more health packs, they will hop the same for score after racking up wins low down in co op win trading?
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,740 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Vhailorx said:

Tony foot: are in 5* land? 1 critical tile match or cascade can easily do 10k or more damage.  5* play is pretty hard on the healthpacks, especially in pvp.

Indeed but by percentage those playing the 5 star game are a small portion of the player base, again if the aim was to just make people use more packs and buy them like people keep suggesting they wouldn't have touched the scaling in pve that was killing people in 5 star land.

I really doubt health packs are behind this. I doubt those 5 star players will use more health packs, they will hop the same for score after racking up wins low down in co op win trading?

no idea why the forum keeps locking up on me and double posting 
  • roberts_2
    roberts_2 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Any info about alliance season rewards placement?, points or wins? XD
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    corytutor said:
    Appeal to the little guy. But dont do it in a manner that affects the long term player drastically. 

This 100%
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't know why I came back here expecting some sort of update. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Warbringa said:

Picking when to play, what slice, what cl, when to hop, who to hit, cycling for good qs, hopping fast, when to shield - this is called strategy. Your logic is flawed. We do play this game because we love it. So there is the issue. They are changing what we love. I'm a bit of a broken record but this is what I'm saying about this being a newer version of pve. They are taking the versus out of versus.
    PvP is now like PvE with just worse rewards (basically no CP for almost entire player base). I guarantee that I can earn better rewards in less time playing a 3 or 4 day PvE at SCL 7 than having to win 40 matches in 2 days against Gamorra, Grocket and Medusa. Maybe devs hope health pack purchases will increase significantly!
    This is another thing that got me thinking...how many high end players do we hear from that say they play scl6, 7 and 8 to save time and get top rewards?

Scl9 gives 10(i think) cp more than 8 just in total rewards, not including daily, so that has to be even less as it goes down the chain.

I dont mean to assume, but if you are mad about this cp change, but don't play scl9, isn't that a little hypocritical? 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When does the new season begin exactly? 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    corytutor said:
    I understand theres many below me. Theres also many above me. 

And to clarify i didnt say i wasnt in the top tier of players. Im simply saying 3 to 6 champs isnt a top roster. 
    I too have 6 champs.  You're overestimating how many players have more. 

It's maybe 0.1%, 0.2% of the player base, tops.
    And those are all you can Q, so it doesn't matter how many are below. Percentage is the factor here. Small percent of player base, 100% of Qs.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Tomorrow
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    How often, throughout all slices and Clearance Levels, is 1200 not enough to earn T10? 
    D3 stated at one point that CP in T10 ends up in more players hands. Correct overall?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tredo said:
    Is it possible that their real reason for doing this is to reduce the cooperation between players? If the bulk of cp is now only available through placement, it stands to reason that the devs want a more competitive game. If players can't join forces to get the bulk of their friends to the 15 cp, it might lead to less out of game communication. Thoughts? 
    Nope.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ursopro said:
    Tomorrow
    Cheers. Strange we haven't had any details of the rewards yet then. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Warbringa said:

Picking when to play, what slice, what cl, when to hop, who to hit, cycling for good qs, hopping fast, when to shield - this is called strategy. Your logic is flawed. We do play this game because we love it. So there is the issue. They are changing what we love. I'm a bit of a broken record but this is what I'm saying about this being a newer version of pve. They are taking the versus out of versus.
    PvP is now like PvE with just worse rewards (basically no CP for almost entire player base). I guarantee that I can earn better rewards in less time playing a 3 or 4 day PvE at SCL 7 than having to win 40 matches in 2 days against Gamorra, Grocket and Medusa. Maybe devs hope health pack purchases will increase significantly!
    This is another thing that got me thinking...how many high end players do we hear from that say they play scl6, 7 and 8 to save time and get top rewards?

Scl9 gives 10(i think) cp more than 8 just in total rewards, not including daily, so that has to be even less as it goes down the chain.

I dont mean to assume, but if you are mad about this cp change, but don't play scl9, isn't that a little hypocritical? 
    In short, no.  

Here's why:  the main veteran complaints here focus on moving cp from progression to placement.  Pve CLs ask players to choose between less time/difficulty and extra cp.  The new pvp system is just telling players that only 2% will ever get the best prize (and also asking us to grind 2x for the 4* cover.  But that is an easier fix).  It's not a useful analogy.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    ronin-san said:
    -snipped for clarity-
    Orion said:
    Brigby, I would love for you to get a developer on here so they can explain the logic behind awarding the 15 CP to only the top 10 of CL6-CL8.  Normally, I can understand the logic, even if I don't agree with it. But this I can't figure out. You are taking 15 CP away from rosters that could get to 1200 but not make top 10 and giving it to whom?  For those rosters, the CP is the only way to progress in the game.  If my progression is slowed down by too much, then what incentive do I have to keep playing?
    I don't know the exact reasoning, but I'll inquire with the developers, and provide info once I hear back from them.
    So without concrete information as to the why, you walked into an already quarreling senate, donned your gas mask, pulled the pin, and said, "We'll have a chat on the morrow, lads".

My kids get upset when I tell them to do something they don't like, and don't first get an explanation as to why.

Exactly what was the outcome you expected, when you dropped in to sprinkle in dissent, and dashed out?

This is freaking childish, Brigs. Shame on you, and shame on your manager, who advised you to do this. Incomplete information caused a craptonne of dissent. No matter what side of the fence you're on regarding this change, the way this was handled was tactless.

Enjoy your "How are we doing" Surveymonkey comments.
    I'm afraid my original comment may have appeared a bit disengenuous. The original reason for this implementation was because the developers determined there would actually be more players that achieved the CP reward if put in placement, than if they tried to acquire it in progression.

The reason I said that I didn't know the exact reasoning in the above comment, was more so that I wanted to reaffirm with the developers if this was still the case, after reviewing the results of the test. I apologize for the confusion.
    But this doesn't make any sense. How would more people have access to Top 10 over 40 wins? The wins are cumulative and cannot be remove from total.  A monkey can be shown how to play the game and obtain 40 wins over 48 hour period. Placement requires high scoring, something that low rosters don't do so well. Something that does not necessarily require 40 wins to do. 

In the end, 5% of each slice has access to the top 10 while 100% has access to 40 wins.

Math that.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    OJSP said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    I certainly don't try to defend them. 
    You could've fooled me. I thought we need to stand behind the game just like we support our football team through the good and the bad?
    Maybe you should. Though taking comments out of context won't do you any good. I was refearing to people that quit over OML nerf, and has nothing to do with this conversation. But hey while we're at it, how is life going for you ? Do you have a button to stop it & complain that it isn't fair from once in a while ?  

The point is everybody here got used to have everything for granted, and when demi decided that they don't want to give that much CP anymore, you feel robbed. And you think complaining about it will solve the problem ? The decision is already made. You have 2 options: either move on and find new solutions, either quit. 

But if you really wanna come here and tell me how hard it is for you to be a top player, at least have the decency to explain yourself and the situation in a civilized manner, with solutions and no whiney complains. 

All you did here is a cheap fiasco about how unfair is life at the top. It's like a rich guy complains to a poor guy how awful it is to be rich.

I can sympathize with you and also try to help you, if you use some logic & maturity in your reasons. I'm not saying that your game is easy or you aren't disadvantaged by this change, but don't treat me like you know everything there is to know just because you have a stronger roster than mine.

I played since the beginning, like most of you probably, and I took different decisions apparently.
    And I'm happy with the state of my roster, progression & how I feel when playing the game, regardless of what is changing in gameplay. So that means I did take some right decisions at some point in time, and maybe I'm not completely desilusional when I make a stance here.

You may think what you want from this stance and joke about it, but like I already said today, this game is a lot better than it was 4 years ago. There were good decisions and bad decisions, but this kind of behavior of rejecting everything new is not helping anybody. On top of the fact that we don't even have the official table of rewards yet.

I believe you when you say that 5* play is messed up, but this is not the way to make a change. You need to post precise data in a good manner, without sarcasm and pointless blaiming and make a case of what is wrong and how to improve it. And believe me, if you do this I will stand behind you, just like I stand now behind the voice of reason.