MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2017 Edition *Updated (7/27/17)

Options

Comments

• InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Black Vortex is regular progression, right?
    Also: that's the event that has the guardians of the galaxy boosted?
    Yes for both questions.
    Black vortex also have some xmen boosted(bobby storm x-23 are some I remember)
    @Brigby

The details for the Black Vortex pvp showed up in game a short while ago.  I'm confused as to why the Awesome Mix Volume 2 characters and C4rol were overlooked.  I was looking forward to playing this event with St4rlord (or C4rol), G4mora and 4-star Grocket. Was it an unintentional oversight by not updating the powered up list since the last time this event ran?  Thanks in advance for your time in looking into this matter! 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Simulator with classic scaling for a new character release...

:( 
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes for both questions.
    @Brigby

The details for the Black Vortex pvp showed up in game a short while ago.  I'm confused as to why the Awesome Mix Volume 2 characters and C4rol were overlooked.  I was looking forward to playing this event with St4rlord (or C4rol), G4mora and 4-star Grocket. Was it an unintentional oversight by not updating the powered up list since the last time this event ran?  Thanks in advance for your time in looking into this matter! 
    I second this!!!! Thanks Brigby!!!
  • Bohemond
    Bohemond Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby

I third this.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was gonna ask about that as well. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes for both questions.
    @Brigby

Were they last time? I can't remember. That would be nice, as I wasn't feeling super confident with that boosted list. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New character release, I wonder how many people will drop from 7 and 8 to snipe the placement rewards of lower CL. Maybe 10 like the last time, and the time before that and the time before that.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Was also expecting/hoping for a Black Vortex boost update. Only off-season event that seems to get updates is nefarius foes, Sandman and 5* Ock were there last off-season and i remember Mordo was leaked by showing up in the list first.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No offense to anyone, and I agree with wanting an updated list for next run, but they ran a redesigned event (Divine Champs) right before Black Vortex as a test.  It seems reasonable that they ran BV with no changes.

But, please, Brigby, ask Demi to rework the list for next time.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So when are we getting the new character announcement @Brigby
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He can't do anything until Marvel news puts up the Piecing Together article.
  • WalrusGooner
    WalrusGooner Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Simulator event preview shows Mockingbird covers, even though the announcement isn't up yet. So it goes...
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    her cover is up on the pve simulator preview
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The simulator is on screen ready to join 

it shows who the new character is going to be so I'd assume we will have an article in the next couple of hours 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hmm, interesting power set. I see the passive as being hard to set-up, so it's probably advised to just be surprised when it goes off. But like Loki, enemy teams will have to be wary/regretful of it happening.

• zodiac339
    Options
    Hmm, interesting power set. I see the passive as being hard to set-up, so it's probably advised to just be surprised when it goes off. But like Loki, enemy teams will have to be wary/regretful of it happening.

Oh hey! That change to Fasball Special removing the option to select tiles. I guess it might actually have something to do with Opportunist and wanting the two powers to work the same. Because it would be weird for Opportunist to proc a free power and suddenly stop the enemy turn in the middle of matches.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah the passive move going off will be a bonus.worse case scenario is you'll at least gain 2 ap whenever they make a match 4.which is still good considering it costs us nothing.red looks like it could be a pretty decent power move.5/3/5 or 5/5/3 look like the way to go without knowing champ levels yet.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Amusing. News.marvel.com updates, and it's about the cast of New Warriors.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    InfectiousYawn said:
    @InfectiousYawn I passed this along to the developers, but it's possible it was merely an oversight. If anything, next time will have the Awesome Mix Volume 2 characters buffed.

PS. I coincidentally did yawn after reading your name. :p

zodiac339 said:
    He can't do anything until Marvel news puts up the Piecing Together article.
    Article is live! Here is the official character announcement: Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

• Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There´s one thing I don´t understand. Mockingbird´s release event ends July 31 but her featured event starts only three days later on August 3. Is that a mistake or will we have another PVE between Mockingbird´s release and featured event? @Brigby