MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2017 Edition *Updated (7/27/17)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(7/19/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Sorry for nagging, @Brigby (I think I've asked in several threads) but when does Vulture pop into the tokens? During his PVP? After his PVP? Start of next season?
    By precedent it seems to be the season after their pvp. So I expect in a week he'll be in tokens
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Psst @Brigby, you may want to look at the progression rewards for Divine Champions again. XFW doesn't have a red cover.

Oh, and thank you for feeding the ever-hungry forumites our delicious info.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Milk Jugz said:
    mexus said:
    Sorry for nagging, @Brigby (I think I've asked in several threads) but when does Vulture pop into the tokens? During his PVP? After his PVP? Start of next season?
    By precedent it seems to be the season after their pvp. So I expect in a week he'll be in tokens
    Unless I'm mistaken all 4* enter at the start of the following season.  So Vulture will come in with the start of next season.  I don't think when the PvP event happens has any barring on it.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:

Spider-Man vs Sinister Six
     - (7/24/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    4-Star: Miles Morales
    3-Star: The Hulk (Indestructible)
    2-Star: Daken (Dark Avengers)
    So does this mean the 4* rewards will be 3 colors of Miles and the 3* 3 colors of Hulk mirroring the rewards of the last run?
  • Brigby
    Options
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    mexus said:
    Unless I'm mistaken all 4* enter at the start of the following season.  So Vulture will come in with the start of next season.  I don't think when the PvP event happens has any barring on it.  
    Yes, that seems to be correct. The next PvP Season is currently scheduled for July 27th, so I anticipate Vulture will be introduced into tokens that day.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    mexus said:
    It did matter at least once. I think it was Carol whose PvP took place in the season following her release, so she didn't enter tokens until the next again season. Probably why we got her 4* lightning rounds, too.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    Psst @Brigby, you may want to look at the progression rewards for Divine Champions again. XFW doesn't have a red cover.

Somebody back in development must still have Surgical strike listed as red. That is some old stuff there, from when it destroyed rows and X-Force made an X-shape bunch of strike tiles.
  • zodiac339
    Options
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

Spider-Man vs Sinister Six
     - (7/24/17) *New Update*
    Featured Characters:
    4-Star: Miles Morales
    3-Star: The Hulk (Indestructible)
    2-Star: Daken (Dark Avengers)
    So does this mean the 4* rewards will be 3 colors of Miles and the 3* 3 colors of Hulk mirroring the rewards of the last run?
    No, they're featured. I don't expect we'll see placement until Friday. Maybe tomorrow, but that seems early for developers to release that info.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    granne said:
    broll said:
    Milk Jugz said:
    mexus said:
    It did matter at least once. I think it was Carol whose PvP took place in the season following her release, so she didn't enter tokens until the next again season. Probably why we got her 4* lightning rounds, too.
    Characters enter tokens the season after their release cycle is complete, 

Release Cycle:

PVE Event
    Post-Release PVE Event (where they are the essential character)
    Pre-PVP Event (where they are given as a placement reward)
    PVP Event

So their featured PVP event is the last event of the cycle, and for the past few seasons they've timed those events to be the last PVP of the season. Vulture will be available in tokens whatever day the next season's first PVP begins. 
  • Brigby
    Options
    mexus said:
    I think Gamora ± Rocket / Groot fell into the tokens a few days before season started. I am not sure though.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see, with aim for the 27th. :)
    According to my records, Gamora, Rocket & Groot, and Star-Lord entered tokens on June 1st, which was the first day of the Reality Season
  • Brigby
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    granne said:

Somebody back in development must still have Surgical strike listed as red. That is some old stuff there, from when it destroyed rows and X-Force made an X-shape bunch of strike tiles.
    Woops! Good catch. I've now changed it to show that it rewards his Black cover
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Brigby

As the day gets long and the weekend looms closer, can we please know what the rewards are going to be for the second run of the Sinister Six event on Monday?
  • VoltaicDuke
    VoltaicDuke Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Options
    pheregas said:
    @Brigby

As the day gets long and the weekend looms closer, can we please know what the rewards are going to be for the second run of the Sinister Six event on Monday?
    I second the request!
  • Brigby
    Options
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Brigby said:
    No? No!? Nooooooo! Hoooow can I go throoough the whooole weeeekend without rewaaaard updates?!

Waaaaaait. What's that link there. It's an update. Oh, you cheeky admin you!
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(7/21/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Story events
  • zodiac339
    Options
    Darn. I put Starlord levels on hold. Probably go 5/5/3 and just use him as support in his PVP, if the boosted includes good green, yellow, black, red heroes. Could be a slow start to the season.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:

Divine Champions - (7/23/17)
    [Test Run of Progression Reward Changes]  *New Update*

Progression Rewards:
    4-Star: Wolverine (X-Force) - Black
    3-Star: Ragnarok - Green, Blue

One would imagine that they would put some tastier bait on their fish hook for this test. People these days aren't exactly lining up for XFW and Rags.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Black Vortex is regular progression, right?
    Also: that's the event that has the guardians of the galaxy boosted?