MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2017 Edition *Updated (7/27/17)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Good news, the following event is Hulk's weeklong.  2 Vulture covers!! (Per the marvel.com article.)
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Good news, the following event is Hulk's weeklong.  2 Vulture covers!! (Per the marvel.com article.)
    I saw that in the "meet Vulture" article also.  It's this the first time a 7-day PVE event has not started on a Thursday?
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I saw that in the "meet Vulture" article also.  It's this the first time a 7-day PVE event has not started on a Thursday?
    *Is
  • bluewolf
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Yes, very possibly the first time.  Or at least the first one in a long time.  Apparently there was, at one point, a bug where running an event through a Thursday resulted in the buff list changing mid-event.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Brigby Is the Venom Bomb event still using roster scaling or are there designs to make static scaling and/or another test with this event?
    To my knowledge, Venom Bomb will not be testing difficulty levels tied to player SCL.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey @Brigby, quick question.

The original Homecoming Teaser Article says we're getting Sinister Six on July 6th and 24th.

I just realized the 24th is on a Monday. I don't think they've ever started a boss event on a Monday. Is that intentional? If you could get confirmation on whether or not that's accurate, could you also get any insight into why the change from the normal pattern?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(7/11/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, and added Marvel's article about Vulture (Adrian Toomes)
  • bluewolf
    Options
    JHawkInc said:

The original Homecoming Teaser Article says we're getting Sinister Six on July 6th and 24th.

I just realized the 24th is on a Monday. I don't think they've ever started a boss event on a Monday. Is that intentional? If you could get confirmation on whether or not that's accurate, could you also get any insight into why the change from the normal pattern?
    Just as an FYI, a dev in the Discord room today were discussing the upcoming events. 24th is definitely the day.  As to why, that was not shared.  I think there may be another new character following SinSix, and those are almost always weekend events. (I saw one weekday new release in memory, maybe a year ago.  Can't remember character.)

I am in favor of the devs shaking up timing to keep things interesting, such as some earlier PVE's shortening 48 hr subs to 24.  Helps keep things interesting.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:

Just as an FYI, a dev in the Discord room today were discussing the upcoming events. 24th is definitely the day.  As to why, that was not shared.  I think there may be another new character following SinSix, and those are almost always weekend events. (I saw one weekday new release in memory, maybe a year ago.  Can't remember character.)

I am in favor of the devs shaking up timing to keep things interesting, such as some earlier PVE's shortening 48 hr subs to 24.  Helps keep things interesting.
    Hmm. Interesting. Never seen a boss event start of the week, it'll be neat to see how it effects things (here's hoping people who don't normally get to play as much on the weekends get to take advantage of it).

In that case, I'd change my question to @Brigby to ask why the Devs do us the disservice of sharing information on Discord and then not bringing it here to the official forums. It's a bit of a **** move. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Gosh darn it starting on the 24th.  Personally, with job and family (and 2 accounts to play) it's always easier when it starts on a Thursday, because for me that's 4 am on Friday and the weekend and lots of free time is just around the corner.

• iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ah dang just realised thats exactly when I will be away from home for work for 3 days
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Marvel.com: And when can we take him under our wing?

Josh Austin: Vulture is available on Thursday, July 13 and will be available as placement rewards in Venom Bomb that starts that same day and runs until July 18. He will also be featured in The Hulk event which runs between July 17 and July 25. His versus tournament is called Junkyard Wars and runs from July 20 and July 24. 

thank you, thank you , thank you..... 2 Vulture from progression on THE HULK event, so Bye Bye symbiotes I'll go to the beach!  :D:D:D

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I rather like Venom Bomb, but I really don't like the Hulk. Mind you, boosted Carol and Red Hulk may change my mind.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    bluewolf said:
    JHawkInc said:

In that case, I'd change my question to @Brigby to ask why the Devs do us the disservice of sharing information on Discord and then not bringing it here to the official forums. It's a bit of a tinykitty move. 
    As pointed out above, the information was first shared on Marvel.com, so that is really the true source of the information.  The dev just made a quick comment.

Discord is very informal.  Just chat back and forth It is somewhat non-answer-y sometimes (a lot of "can't comment" responses.  It was like someone asked "I didn't know you could run Hulk Mon-Mon" and the dev said "Why not? We fixed the buffed bug." (Impacting events running through a Thursday.)  So I apologize for suggesting that Discord was used as an announcement venue, it was just what I read first as people commented on the Marvel article.

Brigby is, remember, sharing the information that is released for announcement.  There are two companies, developer and publisher.  Devs pop in at Discord sometimes informally.  This forum is from the publisher.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Here's my question - Hulk will overlap two weeks of PVE boosted characters....will the boosted list change mid-event or will we basically have 11 days with the next week's list?

Personally I'd love seeing the list change mid-event, especially if it coincided with the Hulk storyline.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Here's my question - Hulk will overlap two weeks of PVE boosted characters....will the boosted list change mid-event or will we basically have 11 days with the next week's list?

Personally I'd love seeing the list change mid-event, especially if it coincided with the Hulk storyline.
    I believe they said the boosted list for an event won't change mid event.  That's an old issue which they've resolved.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had so many events that I hate run back-to-back like this. Venom bomb is going to really suck with the new and improved Carnage & Venom, and 7 days of fighting the Dark Avengers during Hulk is never fun. 2 Progression covers will be nice though, and even better if the boss event is going to give Vulture covers as well. The game for some reason likes to make the first cover ability of a new character very difficult to obtain as opposed to the others, so a "free" one is definitely appreciated. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Someone ask on Discord about double iso. Last time was back in Dec.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    waywreth said:

I believe they said the boosted list for an event won't change mid event.  That's an old issue which they've resolved.
    Thanks - I was 95% sure, still wanted to ask...and still say it would be thematically interesting ;)