MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2017 Edition *Updated (7/27/17)

Options

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I wish the cover was green. my Carol is at 4/5/2
  • PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know doubleposting is frowned upon but I do have a pressing question. the DDQ daily featured character cycle is a week and a half from ending and 3* Star Lord still hasn't been featured in an event for the second time. Unless he's squeezed in right before the end of the cycle would that mean he would miss the DDQ cycle TWICE? This is a bad oversight.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    He'll be added at the end, like Strange, Thanos and Hawkguy were. He was missed last time because of a timing issue. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Please let the Thoress progression be red!
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options

broll said:

I'd love that too, but it will be Blue, as its always the second colour listed in the placement rewards, right?

Placement Rewards:
    4-Star: Thor (Goddess of Thunder) - Red, Blue, Yellow

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(7/09/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • consumedfire
    consumedfire Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ouch! New Release Vulture winnable in Venom Bomb with improved Venom. Don't look forward to this.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OK, I should have known that If I made a sincere compliment to the Devs for creating a good event like Spiderman vs Sinister six, then my compliments would came back to bite me in the ****  :o  
     Seriously Devs?  Vulture release with Venom Bomb? You have a twisted sense of humor. I think I will go to the beach this weekend for some quality time and forget about those symbiotes for my own sanity.
    Enjoy your bloodbath, I will take a bath in the sea waves :p
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you for posting the buffed list and event details early (earlier than most weeks, anyway).  It was not a secret that Vulture was coming, so not much point in delaying the announcement.  The buffed list is always welcome for planning.

Venom Bomb is not that bad anymore, although buffed Carol is less useful if there are no tile movers. I guess I will see how I feel with reworked Carnage and Venom.  Will Carnage still be missing Symbiote Scythes?
  • broll
    Options

broll said:

I'd love that too, but it will be Blue, as its always the second colour listed in the placement rewards, right?

Placement Rewards:

I thought it was random.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Brigby Is the Venom Bomb event still using roster scaling or are there designs to make static scaling and/or another test with this event?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,603 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:

broll said:

Placement Rewards:

I thought it was random.
    It definitely follows that pattern. Thor says Red, Blue, Yellow for placement, next event's progression is going to be Blue. I have no idea what determines the "red, blue, yellow" pattern in the first place, but you can always predict the progression cover once you know the placement covers.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Boosted Miles with my new 5* Spidey? PvP, I'm coming! :D
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    broll said:

broll said:

Placement Rewards:

I thought it was random.
    It definitely follows that pattern. Thor says Red, Blue, Yellow for placement, next event's progression is going to be Blue. I have no idea what determines the "red, blue, yellow" pattern in the first place, but you can always predict the progression cover once you know the placement covers.
    Also, the progression cover for any event is always the T5 placement cover from the previous event (with the exception of boss events). For PVP, it will always be the cover that WASN'T given in placement from the previous event. 

On another note, why do they love Venom Bomb so much for release events? I understand they don't necessarily have an endless list of PVE events to choose from, but they have more than enough to not be picking the exact same ones every time they want to release a new character. It almost feels safe to bet money that a new release will be Venom Bomb, or The Hunt. 
  • broll
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    broll said:

broll said:

Placement Rewards:

I thought it was random.
    Ah he meant the second from Brigby's notes.  I though the meant it was always 1/X/1 and I was like, that can't be right...

Good info.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

On another note, why do they love Venom Bomb so much for release events? I understand they don't necessarily have an endless list of PVE events to choose from, but they have more than enough to not be picking the exact same ones every time they want to release a new character. It almost feels safe to bet money that a new release will be Venom Bomb, or The Hunt. 
    Which other event would you suggest for the release of a Spider-Man villain though?  They might have run this event recently, but you can't deny that it is theme appropriate.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I don't mind Venom Bomb and the event makes sense for the release. If anything it's the sequence of events, Boss event+DPvs= huge drop in iso income followed by a not so likable event. And on a more person rant, having only IW, Pun and Venom sucked this week for pvp. 
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @jgomes32 I hear ya on that ISO drop. I was scheduled to champ C&D in time to use the covers I have banked, but since the ISO income has dropped, I'm gonna have to skip them and champ C4rol instead, fitting C&D Back in when it makes sense. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @jgomes32 I hear ya on that ISO drop. I was scheduled to champ C&D in time to use the covers I have banked, but since the ISO income has dropped, I'm gonna have to skip them and champ C4rol instead, fitting C&D Back in when it makes sense. 
    For me it will be Star-Lord. Have 3 covers in queue and no way i can champ in time now. Will have to Champ Sandman instead.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If we're getting Meet Rocket And Groot AGAIN after Venom Bomb I'm going to scream.