MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2017 Edition *Updated (7/27/17)

Options
12345679»

Comments

• gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There´s one thing I don´t understand. Mockingbird´s release event ends July 31 but her featured event starts only three days later on August 3. Is that a mistake or will we have another PVE between Mockingbird´s release and featured event? @Brigby
    If I had to guess, they screwed up the dates for the PvE.  The article says the PvE and PvP start on the same date.  Probably a typo, with her featured PvE started right after Simulator, and PvP starting on August 3rd.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Wow, @Brigby is dropping the ball on updates. Simulator is up and the new Champion is revealed and still no update here. Very disappointing.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arphaxad said:
    Wow, @Brigby is dropping the ball on updates. Simulator is up and the new Champion is revealed and still no update here. Very disappointing.

Problem is the devs, not Brigby.
    He only copy/pastes what they send him.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    Arphaxad said:

Problem is the devs, not Brigby.
    He only copy/pastes what they send him.
    @Bowgentle
    No, that's not entirely true. There have been lots of updates on both MPQ and MtGPQ side, so I've just been pressed for time. Sorry about the delay. I'm updating the thread right now
  • Brigby
    Options
    *(7/27/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and added Marvel's article about Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmmm a couple events from now will give me my 13th R/G. Yessss. Too bad I won't be able to champ them for a while though.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of heroic events. I can't remember the last time we actually had one.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:
    I'm genuinely surprised at the lack of heroic events. I can't remember the last time we actually had one.
    They changed the system so you could use characters on the enemy team in PVE, and removed the limited rosters of Heroics, and then just quietly phased them out. On the one hand, it seems weird, but on the other, I think it'll lead to less Dark Avengers over time, which isn't really a bad thing, you know?
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    smkspy said:
    They changed the system so you could use characters on the enemy team in PVE, and removed the limited rosters of Heroics, and then just quietly phased them out. On the one hand, it seems weird, but on the other, I think it'll lead to less Dark Avengers over time, which isn't really a bad thing, you know?
    I wonder if the end of vaulting will bring them back into play?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,333 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In my opinion, the more characters in game, the more players are shut out of (or unable to compete in) limited Heroics.  A shrinking percentage of available characters would be the only ones you can use.  The main defenders are 5* players for scaling reasons. (Understandable.). Presuming eventual SCL scaling, the 5* folks will be happier and limited Heroics will be less appealing to them.

I would guess, in general, that less people play(ed) Heroics due to roster gaps.  They made more sense when there were less characters to roster.  Unvaulting helps a little, but new players are less and less likely to have the characters as more are added.

All that said, the events could be run for variety's sake.  Just take away the word "Heroic".  As much variety as more Dark Avengers events provide, that is....
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    In my opinion, the more characters in game, the more players are shut out of (or unable to compete in) limited Heroics.  A shrinking percentage of available characters would be the only ones you can use.  The main defenders are 5* players for scaling reasons. (Understandable.). Presuming eventual SCL scaling, the 5* folks will be happier and limited Heroics will be less appealing to them.

I would guess, in general, that less people play(ed) Heroics due to roster gaps.  They made more sense when there were less characters to roster.  Unvaulting helps a little, but new players are less and less likely to have the characters as more are added.

All that said, the events could be run for variety's sake.  Just take away the word "Heroic".  As much variety as more Dark Avengers events provide, that is....
    Well, "Heroic" only really has a place in the title as it is a Prologue story that's been turned into an actual event. The added rules to roster made it a sort of modified "required characters", which I found unwelcome whenever those events came up. I was basically fine with the events once limitors were removed (aside from multiple Juggernaut missions). With no way to even do Prologue once missions have no more rewards, I certainly wouldn't be against the Heroic Prologue events being run, though new stories (continue Coulson's mini-event please?) would be quite welcome.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Mockingbird having a tie to Coulson (both being in the TV show), it is certainly possible that we will have a follow-up to that event involving her. Especially since she was posing as a Hydra agent.
  • Doctor Shoe
    Doctor Shoe Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there a reason why the Mockingbird cover from progression in "Meet R&G" is another purple? Shouldn't it be yellow?
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Is there a reason why the Mockingbird cover from progression in "Meet R&G" is another purple? Shouldn't it be yellow?
    Maybe they think withholding the yellow cover will encourage people to buy more tokens?  It certainly looks like it would be quite usable even with a single cover.

Edit: and of course my Meet Rocket & Groot vault would also have a purple cover in it, wouldn't it?
  • InfectiousYawn
    InfectiousYawn Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Maybe they think withholding the yellow cover will encourage people to buy more tokens?  It certainly looks like it would be quite usable even with a single cover.

Edit: and of course my Meet Rocket & Groot vault would also have a purple cover in it, wouldn't it?
    I thought breaking the progression pattern to offer Mockingbird's purple instead of yellow was dirty.  My vault has her red cover for rocket and groot.

I envision another mini pve event shortly that will award her red cover since there will be two 4 *s released this pvp season and only one can be top progression for next pvp season's simulator (usually the most recent release is chosen).
  • Brigby
    Options
    New August 2017 Sneak Peek can be found HERE