MPQ Sneak Peek: July 2017 Edition *Updated (7/27/17)

Options

Comments

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
     Anon said:
    Arix90 said:
    I understand all of that I'm just really curious of who she'll end up fighting

I can't figure out how to link pics I guess from mobile
    https://imgur.com/gallery/DApaJ

I think she might be up against blackbolt or kamala
    Or possibly Quake.
    Is Quake a CotT opponent for anyone already?
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    MoStorm as Medusa's opponent would actually be quite fun. Let Storm get 9 Black and get 10 Purple for yourself (while denying Green and Yellow) 
    it would be kinda annoying if you don't have three purple covers for Medusa but I like it
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(7/03/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Weekly Buffs, and added Marvel's article about Spider-Man (Peter Parker)
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Is this the first time to have a week with none of the 12 on the 4* boost hope we get boss event progression reward details soon
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    This is a terrible boost list for me, synergy wise. Too many green/blue users. I have Pun, Invisible Woman and Venom. Not sure what to run with for Beast pvp.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yikes. I sincerely hope that the Boss event has its own boosted list (they usually do, don't they?). Otherwise my 0/5/4 Iceman is going to need a serious Iso injection. I think the next best covered are IW and Eddie Venom with 5 each. 
  • PresidentDoom2020
    Options
    I got Invisible Woman, Hulkbuster and Punisher to a semi-decent level for boosting but yeah it's not the best lineup
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

28 4* Champs and only 1 boosted this upcoming week - Punmax!

Iceman should be champed in a couple of days which helps.  Unfortunate consequence of the vaulting, focus on champ ISO is new 12 so no spare ISO for older 4*.  Bad luck in how things line up with the older champs I do have.

• Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Marvel Puzzle Quest Sneak Peek: Upcoming In July, 2017
    (*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    (7/6/17 - 7/13/17) *New Update*
    • 4-Star: Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), The Punisher (MAX), Venom (Eddie Brock)
    • 3-Star: Colossus, Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon), Psylocke, Quicksilver, Ragnarok
    • 2-Star: Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Thor (Marvel NOW!)
    • 1-Star: Black Widow (Modern), Storm (Modern)

I can't remember how buffs work. I see IW is buffed for the week of the Spider Man event, but that XFW is buffed for the event. Are the levels the same for a weekly buff and an event buff? I have enough ISO for one, but not enough for both.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Brigby said:
    (*Important note: Anything listed below is subject to change before release. We will try to update any changes in a timely manner, but please keep in mind the info below is not guaranteed.)

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS
    • 4-Star: Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Man (Hulkbuster), The Punisher (MAX), Venom (Eddie Brock)
    • 3-Star: Colossus, Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon), Psylocke, Quicksilver, Ragnarok

I can't remember how buffs work. I see IW is buffed for the week of the Spider Man event, but that XFW is buffed for the event. Are the levels the same for a weekly buff and an event buff? I have enough ISO for one, but not enough for both.
    Featured character buffs are stronger than weekly buffs. Pretty sure the non-featured buffed characters for Spider Man vs S6 are the same level as weekly buff.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Beer40 said:
    Brigby said:

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS

Featured character buffs are stronger than weekly buffs. Pretty sure the non-featured buffed characters for Spider Man vs S6 are the same level as weekly buff.
    Thanks!
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I dont think weekly buffs will affect the boss event ie if a character is in weekly boost list but not event boost list they will have no buff at all
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Arix90 said:
    I dont think weekly buffs will affect the boss event ie if a character is in weekly boost list but not event boost list they will have no buff at all
    Correct. Notice the boss event thread has it's own "Weekly" list. The weekly Boss list completely overwrites the weekly "normal" list for that event, always has. Punisher, Iceman, Invisible Woman, and Eddie will be boosted in PVP (and the rest of the week after Boss event ends), but Cloak & Dagger, XFW, Thor, and Cho will be boosted for Sinister Six.

I've complained about this in the past, but the devs haven't changed it yet. Brigby did get a disclaimer added below the boost list that says
    (The event gives the Weekly Powered-Up amount to the highlighted characters. The characters that are part of the Weekly Powered-up list may be different for other events)
    which is an improvement, but it's still confusing. They need to just spell out that Boss events don't use the weekly list, and then find a new name for the "Boss weekly" (even if the boost is the same, change the text, so the distinction for who is/isn't getting boosted is clearer).

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *(7/06/17) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, and Deadpool's Dailies
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm always glad of the change of pace that is DP v. MPQ, but running it right after a boss event is no fun for players in an Iso crunch.

4* Thor, though. Nice.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Deadpool vs MPQ again after a boss event after all the complaints from last time. 
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I really wish that Carol progression cover were green. My Carol is at 5/5/0
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would be fine with green or black, just not yellow. Gonna be 3/5/3 after Sinister Six :(
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would be fine with green or black, just not yellow. Gonna be 3/5/3 after Sinister Six :(
    My Carol will be 5/3/3 after Deadpool vs MPQ. If only i could swap the two black covers in my queue with you guys
  • maltyo9
    maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    edited July 2017
    Options
    granne said:
    I'm always glad of the change of pace that is DP v. MPQ, but running it right after a boss event is no fun for players in an Iso crunch.

4* Thor, though. Nice.
    But Deadpool gives you that huge iso bomb of 2500 at the end, though!  So thoughtful...

In all seriousness, a vaulted 4 is nice, though.