MPQ at Marvel.com: Mockingbird (7/26/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

Armed with her battle staves, prepare to fight crime as this highly-skilled S.H.I.E.L.D. agent.
Check out 4-Star Mockingbird here: Mockingbird (Bobbi Morse)

Comments

• VariableJ
    VariableJ Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Does her Purple passive work like 2* Black Widow's Espionage? I.e., Strike tiles proc twice?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It says she works particularly well with strike tile generators, so it sounds like it.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep, congrats on making an in-game political statement. There was legit controversy over that cover and D3 picks it. Gold, Jerry, gold!

Fwiw, I have that issue with the cover, but I think it's highly inappropriate for a game like this.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    smkspy said:
    Yep, congrats on making an in-game political statement. There was legit controversy over that cover and D3 picks it. Gold, Jerry, gold!

Fwiw, I have that issue with the cover, but I think it's highly inappropriate for a game like this.
    What if it fits her character? (I haven't read the comics, don't know if it fits her character)
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:

There's another word for "controversy"; publicity. 
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hasn't her series been canned for quite some time now?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Her yellow passive looks super interesting. I'm picturing her PVP tourney, accidentally setting off an enemy Thanos' green.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Also, congrats on using the correct comic cover for her.
    100% this.  Thank you for a new character, female character, and the awesome cover.  This run was short but the story was fantastic.  This cover tells you exactly who Mockingbird is.  
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Meet Rocket and Groot... again! Now I'm feeling annoyed by the repetition.
  • tph_james
    tph_james Posts: 197 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Is she really highly requested?
    2. She teams up well with those creates strike tiles?
    The interview is always confusing.. Did the dev team really brief him well enough?
  • rocks52
    rocks52 Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So why is she not featured in the event immediately following her release event?
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tph_james said:
    1. Is she really highly requested?
    2. She teams up well with those creates strike tiles?
    The interview is always confusing.. Did the dev team really brief him well enough?
    I was confused, too. Who doesn't team up well with strike tiles? And "pair her up with 5-stars for match damage"? No kidding? If her ability increased match damage by a %, instead of a fixed amount, yeah, I could see pairing her with 5-stars for match damage. Otherwise...who cares?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    People complained they didn't want Heroics for new releases (or ever), and they didn't want 7-day events for new releases, so there's only so many left to choose from.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2017
    Options
    At quick glance, I interested in her set. Does her red work with any countdown or only hers? I doubt she's going to double up like 2* BW though, which is a shame. I also really love the art.
    smkspy said:

I don't care for the cover, because I don't need to be reminded of the tinykitty show it caused. There's better covers for her and I hope the next Women of Marvel variant run they change it and keep the change.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    scottee said:
    zodiac339 said:
    People complained they didn't want Heroics for new releases (or ever), and they didn't want 7-day events for new releases, so there's only so many left to choose from.
    People complained about heroics because of the roster limitation on top of having a new, barely-to-completely unusable character and no way to back them up with something actually good. I know I hated that anyway.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Equal Rights and Lefts"
    - when a male character fires an active power on Mockingbird and damages her the male character also receives the same amount of damage.