MPQ at Marvel.com: Mockingbird (7/26/17)

Options

Comments

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I guess her yellow passive explains the Colossus change: it'd be kind of weird if the enemy making a match 4 popped up a prompt for you to pick a tile.

So I was wrong about Colossus's black suddenly becoming a lot more powerful when combined with a new character.  It was just another character reusing part of his mechanic in a new way.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Nevermind, I need to ask myself where I went wrong.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If y'all find the word "feminist" controversial or inappropriate you need to take a deep breath and ask yourself where you went wrong.

Essentially every villain in this game has canonically killed, maimed, and/or tortured innocent people, but a t-shirt feels like too much?
    I can't believe people care more about real world politics than fictional violence.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, not sure I'm going to roster this choice, this comic was full of politics and thats not why i like comics or MPQ. Cant we keep the game non partisan.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Love the cover.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow, not sure I'm going to roster this choice, this comic was full of politics and thats not why i like comics or MPQ. Cant we keep the game non partisan.
    Ah, good, old non-partisan, apolitical Captain America. And the X-Men! There are absolutely no parallels between their storylines and real-world issues

Not going to argue, they decided what they wanted and it would seem its a very popular decision by most of the community. Just had to make my opposing minority opinion known, just like everyone who said "love the cover" had to make their opinion known to the board.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Cool, though this brings back sad memories about the fact her series was first highjacked to be about Purple Arrow for the Civil War II, and then canceled.

Like the cover too. I probably would have gone with the cover to issue #1, since it looks more like she's about to kick butt, but I can't complain about a feminist agenda. 

I really look forward to adding her to my team. Good work!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah, good, old non-partisan, apolitical Captain America. And the X-Men! There are absolutely no parallels between their storylines and real-world issues

Not going to argue, they decided what they wanted and it would seem its a very popular decision by most of the community. Just had to make my opposing minority opinion known, just like everyone who said "love the cover" had to make their opinion known to the board.
    I'm not looking for an argument, just a discussion. I want you to share your opinions, and you have every right to dislike the comic and/or the cover — I'm just baffled by the standpoints that:

1) The word "feminism" is antagonistic.
    2) The idea that comics haven't always touched on politics, from the very beginning and continuously until this day.
    No you're not. Your very first post was insulting people that find the cover inappropriate. You're looking for people to go off hoping your strawman arguments silence dissenting opinions. You have zero interest in legitimate debate.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    ***Keep politics out of this thread and off of the forum. If you have an issue with the cover, send in a ticket to CS regarding your displeasure.***
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    smkspy said:

I'm not looking for an argument, just a discussion. I want you to share your opinions, and you have every right to dislike the comic and/or the cover — I'm just baffled by the standpoints that:

2) The idea that comics haven't always touched on politics, from the very beginning and continuously until this day.
    No you're not. Your very first post was insulting people that find the cover inappropriate. You're looking for people to go off hoping your strawman arguments silence dissenting opinions. You have zero interest in legitimate debate.
    So when he (she?) tries to actually start a discussion, being respectful of differing viewpoints, you instead ignore his points/questions, attack him over a snarky comment at the start, and then accuse him of strawman arguments?
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They picked literally the last cover she was ever on to use in the game. I have no idea why her t-shirt is a problem, her being a feminist with an agenda doesn't cause her to do more damage, nor does it cost you AP in a match. Who gives a tinykitty what she's wearing? Are we gonna reject a Red Skull or a Hydra Cap next? 
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2017
    Options
    smkspy said:

I assume the part you felt was an insult was the "ask yourself where you went wrong" bit. I'm not sure why addressing an error feels like an insult versus an assessment — after all, we're all wrong sometimes, and typically all growth is built off of mistakes and failure — but to be crystal clear here I am not looking to malign you, I just think you're incorrect on this, and I think the source of the error is likely a bunch of loaded emotions you might have swirling around the topic. Hence my preceding remark of "you need to take a deep breath." 

EDIT: I will own, however, that my first comment was, in JHawkInc's words, "snarky."

I very specifically don't want anyone to go off as I don't find that entertaining and that's not why I'm here, I'm not sure where I made any straw man arguments but welcome you to point out specifically where I did (and it can be argued that your claim is in fact a straw man argument, but I don't particularly want to get bogged down with tangents), and I think I've been clear about not wanting to silence dissenting opinions.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did not type a bad word were it now says tinykitty.

I just want that to be clear.  The word replaced is a reference to her unwanted relationship with a certain ghostly cowboy.  A bad thing to happen, but not profanity.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I like the cover I was just having a little fun with feminism but doing it in connection with the game. I do think it's silly though to not roster someone simply because you don't like their cover art. If you don't like a specific character or their abilities and think that they're a waste of a cover slot then that's different. I mean hell for the longest time I refused to roster Sentry but I came around on him and see that he has a use in being fodder for Thanos in seed matches.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I did not type a bad word were it now says tinykitty.

I just want that to be clear.  The word replaced is a reference to her unwanted relationship with a certain ghostly cowboy.  A bad thing to happen, but not profanity.

They retconned that. Now it was consensual and she murdered him/let him fall to his death...because.