Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

11213141517

Comments

  • SpringSoldierSpringSoldier Age Unconfirmed Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    biryon said:
    I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that they completely removed the AP boost and health pack from progression. I don't think they're as big a deal as the CP being moved, but I also can't fathom why they were just removed entirely. 
    I'm glad they removed them. Boosts are easy to win and I rarely even use them; not even health packs aren't that useful in PVE. Not to mention that it's the only prize I pretty much lose if I don't keep playing constantly. I, for one, am happy with this.
  • SilverbladeSilverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    My major issue with the changes is that it feels the prizes are a lot less valuable. A lot of small ISO ammounts scattered for the ammount of time now required to obtain the trully interesting rewards.
  • pheregaspheregas Posts: 1,147 Chairperson of the Boards
    biryon said:
    I haven't seen anyone mention the fact that they completely removed the AP boost and health pack from progression. I don't think they're as big a deal as the CP being moved, but I also can't fathom why they were just removed entirely. 
    I'm glad they removed them. Boosts are easy to win and I rarely even use them; not even health packs aren't that useful in PVE. Not to mention that it's the only prize I pretty much lose if I don't keep playing constantly. I, for one, am happy with this.
    Yup.  You're always a few hours away from full health packs.  I don't mind the change either.  And AP boosts are at the end of half the nodes and can be sent via friends.  I'm always maxed on those.
  • SpringSoldierSpringSoldier Age Unconfirmed Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Speaking of progression rewards, the ones for ISO-8 Brotherhood SCL 8 are amazing! It's almost too good to be true!
  • IlDuderinoIlDuderino Age Unconfirmed Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    mexus said:
    Bonus Rewards, are they still a thing? 
    Made a purchase this morning, blasted through all the nodes twice and got only 1 Bonus Reward (the first guaranteed one). Guess I'm having a bad luck.
    Funny, I've had bad luck ever since the change from intercepts
  • SpringSoldierSpringSoldier Age Unconfirmed Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2017
    I'm in the same position. Before the change, I would get packs of 1000 ISO a couple of time per day and 100 hp almost every day. Now it's just 500 iso and 10 hp. But at least I'm getting better rewards from progression...
  • Rick_OShayRick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I'm in the same position. Before the change, I would get packs of 1000 ISO a couple of time per day and 100 hp almost every day. Now it's just 500 iso and 10 cp. But at least I'm getting better rewards from progression...
    You certainly mean HP, not CP, right?
  • SpringSoldierSpringSoldier Age Unconfirmed Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I'm in the same position. Before the change, I would get packs of 1000 ISO a couple of time per day and 100 hp almost every day. Now it's just 500 iso and 10 cp. But at least I'm getting better rewards from progression...
    You certainly mean HP, not CP, right?
    Yup. Thanks! I edited it now.
  • DotproductDotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    A McB said:
    DeNappa said:
    Just another data point here. I did reach max progression in the Hunt, but just barely (i didn't have the Gamora required at the start, but earned the progression cover in the 2nd day). I was also so worn out from grinding i promptly quit the app afterwards and didn't reopen it until the day after, making me miss the DDQ for the first time in months.

    I don't see myself doing that very often in the future.

    Meh. :/
    I had a similar experience. Although I ate my daily tacos ;-)
    Me three -- felt VERY burnt out after The Hunt, and if DP vs. MPQ hadn't opened with a 2-Day sub, I probably wouldn't have come close to max progression in it. As it was, I ended up less than 1k short due to starting my last grind late. I am NOT enjoying this new structure, and will probably be scaling back my play in the near future. Very disappointing.
    At day 6/7 in the current event I'm feeling it too. I made max (just barely) in the last event due to late commitment and I am barely making 4x in the current but really feeling it.  If the next event doesn't have a good 4* I'm going to take a break.
  • escart85escart85 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 54 Match Maker
    A McB said:
    DeNappa said:
    Just another data point here. I did reach max progression in the Hunt, but just barely (i didn't have the Gamora required at the start, but earned the progression cover in the 2nd day). I was also so worn out from grinding i promptly quit the app afterwards and didn't reopen it until the day after, making me miss the DDQ for the first time in months.

    I don't see myself doing that very often in the future.

    Meh. :/
    I had a similar experience. Although I ate my daily tacos ;-)
    Me three -- felt VERY burnt out after The Hunt, and if DP vs. MPQ hadn't opened with a 2-Day sub, I probably wouldn't have come close to max progression in it. As it was, I ended up less than 1k short due to starting my last grind late. I am NOT enjoying this new structure, and will probably be scaling back my play in the near future. Very disappointing.
    At day 6/7 in the current event I'm feeling it too. I made max (just barely) in the last event due to late commitment and I am barely making 4x in the current but really feeling it.  If the next event doesn't have a good 4* I'm going to take a break.

    I'm in SCL8 for this one. I thought this wasn't gonna happen but I somehow managed to do 4x clears (spread over 3 hours due to other priorities - ideally I would like to do the 4x clear within an hour or hour and a half tops when not interrupted )  and a timed 5 the next day (not full points though) and then grind to 0. I did that every leg of the event so far and I'm currently at 120K progression. I wouldn't be doing the timed 5th and grinding if I hadn't champed 4* Blade. My team is 4* Blade (lvl 272), Medusa (lvl 209 at 10 covers) and Coulson (lvl 180 but fully covered) and they are fast with Blade being boosted (6k dmg bloodlust chomping woo hoo). I underestimated Coulson till I had the chance to use him together with those two and he's great.

    My impression is that you can breeze through SCL8 but you have to have a 4* strong team (Medusa, Carnage, C4rol or 4* Blade, Medusa, Carol) so that you can play aggresively instead of using a team that has 3* Strange and or Thanos.

    Still this seems like a lot of hard work to do over 7 days, but at least the rewards at this level are worth it so it doesn't suck that bad. I'm not sure if I'm going to repeat this scenario next time, due to the amount of time involved.
  • DeNappaDeNappa Posts: 891 Critical Contributor
    My impression is that you can breeze through SCL8 
    This event does not run any scaling tests, so the enemy level should be based on your roster and not SCL.

    In other news, the dangling carrot of 73 CP made me decide to at least attempt once in a 7 day event. I think I'm currently on schedule, but this requires something like 3 hours of grinding just for 5 clears (for me; beginning 4* player with 5 4* champs). Per day. My judgement: it's just too much.

    Faced with yet another 80K hit points of Doom / Moonstone / Ares or something, I whaled out yesterday once with a Switch/Coulson/Deadpool team. I expect to be doing that a few more times on the higher scaling nodes in the remainder of the event. I'm glad I built a decent bank of deadpool points... :sweat_smile:

  • escart85escart85 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 54 Match Maker
    DeNappa said:
    My impression is that you can breeze through SCL8 
    This event does not run any scaling tests, so the enemy level should be based on your roster and not SCL.

    (...)

    OK I see your point. Thick as Thieves is supposed to be another scaling test. I'll try SCL8 again even if just to get wrecked.
  • MagicMagic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the final placement rewards are not that important in the grand scheme for me (ranging from top50 to top200 or occasional top10 for new release ;) ) I don't see much of a difference. PvE is a constant event with some extra rewards every now and then. Sometimes the opponents change, sometimes they can't change fast enough (hey Hood, Daken and Bullseye - you are old and I hate you... but not because of your age). But every day is the same with PvE....
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 2,666 Chairperson of the Boards
    I finally hit progression after clearing the first two easy nodes on day 7.  This was after doing 6 clears on days 1-3 and SEVEN on days 4-6.  I did semi-optimal clears days 1-3, much closer last few days, and hovering near T10.  Something doesn't feel right when I grind that much - 1 to 2 clears beyond "required for max" and still need to play all 7 days before max progression is finally achieved.
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,891 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    escart85 said:
    DeNappa said:
    My impression is that you can breeze through SCL8 
    This event does not run any scaling tests, so the enemy level should be based on your roster and not SCL.

    (...)

    OK I see your point. Thick as Thieves is supposed to be another scaling test. I'll try SCL8 again even if just to get wrecked.
    I think Blade's boosted again so if you have him, you'll be fine in CL8.
    This is the one with the Hood, Magneto mission on the last day. Nothing will make that mission fine. Although Blade may still be the best bet I suppose. If there's enough red to keep Blade from getting to 9 red AP, there's enough for him to throw down the strike tiles. Just watch out for Magneto's burst. Blade can easily die to that, no matter how boosted he is.
  • keittermankeitterman Age Unconfirmed Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:
    mexus said:
    escart85 said:
    DeNappa said:
    My impression is that you can breeze through SCL8 
    This event does not run any scaling tests, so the enemy level should be based on your roster and not SCL.

    (...)

    OK I see your point. Thick as Thieves is supposed to be another scaling test. I'll try SCL8 again even if just to get wrecked.
    I think Blade's boosted again so if you have him, you'll be fine in CL8.
    This is the one with the Hood, Magneto mission on the last day. Nothing will make that mission fine. Although Blade may still be the best bet I suppose. If there's enough red to keep Blade from getting to 9 red AP, there's enough for him to throw down the strike tiles. Just watch out for Magneto's burst. Blade can easily die to that, no matter how boosted he is.
    Any team with less than three characters (Like Magneto and Hood) are very susceptible to stuns. Iceman, SpiderGwen are nice in the four* world, but even odd characters like Daredevil and Spiderman in the 3* world, or 2* cap, or even 1* black widow.

    If you really want to get the locked-down going fast, just start with a +2 blue/purple boost, and even a +2 all-color boost if you want. 

    My favorite is SpiderGwen, since her purple will stun both of them and is inexpensive. Do it enough, and she can punch one to death. 
  • MissChinchMissChinch Age Unconfirmed Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    I finally hit progression after clearing the first two easy nodes on day 7.  This was after doing 6 clears on days 1-3 and SEVEN on days 4-6.  I did semi-optimal clears days 1-3, much closer last few days, and hovering near T10.  Something doesn't feel right when I grind that much - 1 to 2 clears beyond "required for max" and still need to play all 7 days before max progression is finally achieved.


    Its cause you're dropping the wrong days, points steadily increase in subs across the event.  You would probably have been fine starting on day 3 doing near optimal clears and be able to skip 2 full subs while still making progression...   but you just cant skip the last sub as its more valuable than the rest with more points to be had...


    I only mean to sound like you're doing it wrong if your intention is to maximize laziness...  its not really that big a deal ;)

  • keittermankeitterman Age Unconfirmed Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    bluewolf said:
    I finally hit progression after clearing the first two easy nodes on day 7.  This was after doing 6 clears on days 1-3 and SEVEN on days 4-6.  I did semi-optimal clears days 1-3, much closer last few days, and hovering near T10.  Something doesn't feel right when I grind that much - 1 to 2 clears beyond "required for max" and still need to play all 7 days before max progression is finally achieved.


    Its cause you're dropping the wrong days, points steadily increase in subs across the event.  You would probably have been fine starting on day 3 doing near optimal clears and be able to skip 2 full subs while still making progression...   but you just cant skip the last sub as its more valuable than the rest with more points to be had...


    I only mean to sound like you're doing it wrong if your intention is to maximize laziness...  its not really that big a deal ;)

    I'm reading his story a bit different. It sounds like he should have been way past full progression. Optimal would be clearing them four times within the hour upon turn-over, and clearing up to seven times the final hour of the event. Semi-optimal would mean they just cleared 6-7 times with some sort of break between 4 and 5.

    So I tally his progress at:
    day 1-3: 6 clears 
    day 4-6: 7 clears
    day 7: 2 easy nodes

    I know I personally did six clears on day 6, yielding 20k, if I had cleared only 5 times, I would have had about 18k
    max progression is 125k for a seven day event. The average a day should yield is just under 18k

    If they only expect you to clear 5 times (no break between 4 and 5) for max progression, the second-to-last day of a seven day event being on par with the average won't work. It seems a bit over-tuned. 



  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 2,666 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    I finally hit progression after clearing the first two easy nodes on day 7.  This was after doing 6 clears on days 1-3 and SEVEN on days 4-6.  I did semi-optimal clears days 1-3, much closer last few days, and hovering near T10.  Something doesn't feel right when I grind that much - 1 to 2 clears beyond "required for max" and still need to play all 7 days before max progression is finally achieved.


    Its cause you're dropping the wrong days, points steadily increase in subs across the event.  You would probably have been fine starting on day 3 doing near optimal clears and be able to skip 2 full subs while still making progression...   but you just cant skip the last sub as its more valuable than the rest with more points to be had...


    I only mean to sound like you're doing it wrong if your intention is to maximize laziness...  its not really that big a deal ;)

    I'm reading his story a bit different. It sounds like he should have been way past full progression. Optimal would be clearing them four times within the hour upon turn-over, and clearing up to seven times the final hour of the event. Semi-optimal would mean they just cleared 6-7 times with some sort of break between 4 and 5.

    So I tally his progress at:
    day 1-3: 6 clears 
    day 4-6: 7 clears
    day 7: 2 easy nodes

    I know I personally did six clears on day 6, yielding 20k, if I had cleared only 5 times, I would have had about 18k
    max progression is 125k for a seven day event. The average a day should yield is just under 18k

    If they only expect you to clear 5 times (no break between 4 and 5) for max progression, the second-to-last day of a seven day event being on par with the average won't work. It seems a bit over-tuned. 



    This was my point.....put in a much clearer, more detailed way.  Thanks!
  • MagicMagic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    As much as I am tired of the PvE in the way it is (the required 5 clears is a punishment as it promts the 6th clear for the extra XP and forces to play even more) there is no way we have all nodes shot down - it was tested already and failed (too many players finishing with the max points to determine the rewards). 

    I think what PvE needs is:
    - drop the easy nodes (they don't bring anything to the game)
    - increase the points awarded (but not required for progression) in scl8 and scl9 (or just 9). So if you are in SCL 1-7 you need 5 clears for max progression as it is now. If you are in SCL8 - maybe 4 clears are enough. And in SCL9 - 3 clears are enough. People can still clear 6 times for XP and probably need to clear 6-7 times for placement. 

    Since the fights in SCL9 are tougher and longer this could be an incentive to go to the correct SCL rather than drop down to limit the play time required. I know I would do scl9 if 3 clears would net me max progression. With 5-6 being required I'd rather sacrifice my rewards and keep playing scl7.
Sign In or Register to comment.