Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

Options

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get the complaints, but as someone that hits the nodes 6-7 times it doesn't affect me very much.

My one complaint is that they left the 5 node reward the same. They could have increased it to someone better to add a little more enticement for player on the fence to want to hit it.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sh81 said:
    If you read my posts fully you would realise I was talking about four or five nodes in 15 minutes (once points had sufficiently built up), rather than a full clear early in the sub.

And I maintain, it is 15 minutes.  Its really not that big a deal.  BUT, if it is a big deal to you, then stop playing.

It is a game, you arent forced into anything.

I think when the dust settles most will accept an extra 15 minutes for the extra rewards is worth it.
    So we aren't forced into a 5th clear for max progression when previously it was 4 clears?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    Either everyone moved to CL8 or this just managed to kill the game a little bit. 

Slightly over 12 hrs into the first sub of The Hunt, CL7, last time slice, a total of 7 people have completed 4 clears or more. I know that there is Gamora required, but this is unbelieveable. I have just 3 guys that are doing optimal clears. What the ***?

Seriously, is everyone and their dog in CL8 or what?
    Everyone moved to CL8, as was likely intended by this change.  Why else make the cp jump so much in CL 8 as opposed to all other levels?

But i also think that pmayer participation is down since march.  Wonder why. . .
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D3 Fiction: Grinding = More Money
    Players' Fact: Grinding = Less Fun
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So we are in a 48 hour sub now, do we need to do a 5th and then a 6th clear for full progression? Or is a 48 hour sub now more relaxed?

@Brigby can you ask if a 48 hr node needs a full extra clear?
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Alsmir said:
    Either everyone moved to CL8 or this just managed to kill the game a little bit. 

Slightly over 12 hrs into the first sub of The Hunt, CL7, last time slice, a total of 7 people have completed 4 clears or more. I know that there is Gamora required, but this is unbelieveable. I have just 3 guys that are doing optimal clears. What the ***?

Seriously, is everyone and their dog in CL8 or what?
    The rewards were changed to be more in line with each other for CL8 compared to 6 and 7 as far as the CP is concerned is what I read, so yeah. Anyone that can do 8 is probably on it.

Add on that The Hunt is probably their least popular event.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    sh81 said:
    Not a FULL clear if you time it well, I believe.  Yes, absolutely, a little more effort, but also a lot more reward.
    Depending on the node, it can be a bit more than a little effort. Just think of the simulators.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    It's not purely matter of the time spent either. That one extra clear can be quite boring. 
  • allinall8
    allinall8 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    More rewards are nice but the only thing i would really want is the CP, which now instead of being spaced out a bit, is all stuffed right at the end, so i/you have to either go all in, or just not bother at all, and as it does take hours to get enough points, there is no causal in it at all. Not to mention with only mid tier roster getting the last few replays for the green tick for the later harder nodes is almost impossible sometimes depending on enemy team. so the extra replay and extra level the enemy gains is just a pain to grind.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @St_Bernadus

If you choose to wait until the points for the 5th clear are full, then you only need to complete each node's 5th clear to hit max progression. If you don't feel like waiting, then you can immediately full clear all nodes to hit max progression.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @St_Bernadus

If you choose to wait until the points for the 5th clear are full, then you only need to complete each node's 5th clear to hit max progression. If you don't feel like waiting, then you can immediately full clear all nodes to hit max progression.
    So can you give the devs the input that players are tired of "better" rewards, while having so.ething taken away at the same time.

The last genuinely good boost to what we got with no real downside was when deadpool daily was first introduced.

Bonus heros were awesome but came with benching 75% of the 4*s. Intercepts gave decent bonus rewards but were broken enough that the whole feature got scrapped (unless we pay then we still get the rewards). Now more Pve rewards, but only if you play substantially more and if you don't play more you get substantially less.

All these recent changes come with some heavy downside And it's getting tiresome.

I have a job, its not mpq. I have a family, its not mpq. I have a life, its not mpq. I play games to unwind and relax. All the recent changes to mpq are pushing it into more of a frustration than a fun diversion.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @St_Bernadus

This is bad.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Again why are any of you surprised, D3 will not give us a thing without punishing us as well.  They hate non paying customers, so the purpose of all these changes is to make you want to pay more.  If you have to do 5 clears it will require more health packs to get the same prizes as before.  Its really that simple.  Of course a smart company would know you need a certain amount of non payers to keep the game going.  See World of Tanks for how that works. They do things for f2p customer all the time. Other than DDQ, all positive changes come with a heavy handed bad thing.  You should feel privileged to even gaze upon this product, 4* covers are worth more then a pound of gold and how dare you think you should be so privileged as to gaze upon them.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh, I don't think any long term players are surprised, but we are upset.

Adding more progression rewards after what was there is fine. Milestones at the 5 and 6 clear marks? No problem with that. 

But they went and moved the CP prize to what appears to be nearly 6 clears. That's **** up, and there's nobody in my family of alliances that's happy with the higher requirements for progression now. 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    So @Brigby, can we get a straight answer on this? 

If we do 5 clears immediately of every node, so the 5th clear has no time to fill back up, will we hit full progression? Or if we choose to hit it 5 times without waiting for the node to fill up, will we then need to hit it a 6th time? 

And as a followup question to that, why increase full progression to 5 clears? How does it help anyone? Is it meant to reduce the number of players that will hit full progression? I'm really curious here as to the motivation for this aspect of the change.
  • Maniac1981
    Maniac1981 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This is a mobile game, not a job, as was mentioned above. All the changes lately are easing me into the decision to uninstall and get at least an hour a day back.
    Let's be honest: who is still enjoying grinding the same events, same opponents month after month? And now they require more grinding because nobody is happy with just 4 clears now, because it is less rewarding than it used to be. Sucks.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @St_Bernadus

Really!!!!!!!!!!! I did a 5th clear, but not for maximum points, in the first sub. So that basically now means I wont be able to hit max progression making the rest of the event completely pointless for me after I earn the measly 8cp. 

D3 continuing to make themselves look a complete joke. Unbelievable.  
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @St_Bernadus

This is in reply to a question about 48 hour subs, just in case you were confused.