Update to Progression Rewards in Story Events (5/18/17)

Comments

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Not happy about this change. While the rewards update is nice, and long overdue, the additional grind is unacceptable - especially when we're still rotating the same tired events. Dark Avengers again? Kill me now.

The only players happy with this change will be the ones that were already doing 5+ clears for top placement rewards (something that shouldn't happen in a PvE).

I already spend to much time playing this game. This change will make it easier for me to spend less time playing it, and by extension, spend less money on it.
  • gimmer
    gimmer Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    If the amount of total PVE interest goes down because of this change, will it be reverted? Because as it stands, my interest in PVE has gone down significantly. I used to get the 4* reward every game, and often grind to full progression. But adding a 20% requirement increase to get the rewards I used to get before (with some bonus stuff I don't really want), is just too much gameplay for me.

I hope it's reversed, or made an option for extreme grinders
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Hmm just looking at The Hunt, 4 clears is 48,000 points. For Heart of Darkness, full progression (also 4 clears) was 49,000 points. That implies to me that a 2/3 clear on this middle sub is still sufficient to get full progression, and also will enable me to catch up a bit as I was short on points from Alaska.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what Brigby said on the previous page. Its only 5 clears if you let the points fully regenerate. Hit them before they have, and you'll have to do 6. 

Brigby said:
    @St_Bernadus

If you choose to wait until the points for the 5th clear are full, then you only need to complete each node's 5th clear to hit max progression. If you don't feel like waiting, then you can immediately full clear all nodes to hit max progression.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The first thing that is happening with this change is my diminished interest in PvP. I find the new rewards enticing but it takes more grinding. I was already doing PvE to max progression, sometimes a bit above (almost never to all greens) and the PvP I was going for 900 (with 575 being the bare minimum). Now I will doubt the 900 in PvP unless i am super excited about the cover. Can't be bothered there. I have limited time I am willing to give this game and PvE is more flexible in this regard. So PvE will take the time away from PvP to complete the progression and get the extra CP (which I can't get from PvP).

In the end it might bring less frustration from lost points in PvP.  
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Really!!!!!!!!!!! I did a 5th clear, but not for maximum points, in the first sub. So that basically now means I wont be able to hit max progression making the rest of the event completely pointless for me after I earn the measly 8cp. 

I understand you can still do 4 clears - wait 24 hours - 2 clears to recover lost points.

I find it incredibly tigh and stressing, tbh.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    sh81 said:
    Its not 6 clears.

Its 4 clears at 100% available points and 1 clear at 66% available points.

So if you did 5 clears as soon as the sub opened you would get max progression.

Or, as Ive been trying to point out, if you do 4 clears when the sub opens and then wait for the points to regenerate - you should get away with that 5th clear not even being a full round of nodes.

True.

But even ignoring the whole increased grinding part of it, the simple fact that we went from "4 clears = max progression, no matter when or how" to a "4 clears and either another full clear immediately or part of the nodes after letting the nodes recharge or two more clears on the easy node and 1 more clear on any of the harder nodes" should be a clear enough sign, that this isn't exactly an improvement on the old system.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Does anyone have a good calendar app for this game?  Without reminders I might forget I have to login and grind the game for true gain.

So it was four full clears then wait 23.5 hours before fifth clear and maybe one extra node at sixth clears.

Or do six clears right away. But if I'm limited on time because I'm human I need to sleep, I can do five clears on half and then six clears later right?  And I'll get 68% of 100% points but 98% of progression.

Is that right? @Brigby any insight?

• therightwaye
    edited May 2017
    I have access to contractors if anyone needs to hire some help. 

That's not against ToS, right?  I hear hiring people to play for you was by dev's design.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    I did some more calculating and looking at the chart for progression rewards, the first clear for the Hunt - which I take as every node once, so including one off nodes, gives 15,500 points (the 2nd 3-star on SCL 7). Then each clear after that:
    2 clears: (4-star reward) 26,000
    3 clears: (event token) 37,000
    4 clears: (75 HP) 48,000
    5 clears: (22CP) 55,000

Notice the gaps between clears are all approx 11,000 points, except for the last jump, which is 7,000. Which is 63.6% of a full clear of 11,000.

My conclusion is that the 48 hour node does NOT require a full point 5th clear for full progression.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    sh81 said:

And while "If you dont like it, leave" is never well received on places like this, its the truth.  This is a mobile game, its supposed to be enjoyable - if you arent enjoying it then something is wrong.  BUT, that can be changed by finding something that is enjoyable and suits your preferred playing style.  

Completely OT remark:

This place has nothing to do with it.

"If you don't like it, leave" is just a plain awful argument. It's the a slightly less honest way of telling people (who don't agree with you) to shut up.
  • slarti
    slarti Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    For me, this is clearly the most horrible change they did in a very long time: You get more rewards, but you need to play much more to get any CP.

Hitting each node 4 times was already not interesting and time consuming. Doing it 5 times each day is just not fun and sustainable. I already stopped playing two years ago for 6 months because pve was getting too demanding.

I am really considering to play less again and stop renewing VIP.

• Barth_Todd
    Barth_Todd Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    I am incredibly disappointed with this update. All the extra command points are in the final reward. I seriously don't have time for that. This might be the push I needed to find another hobby. Instead of changing something that I thought was fine they should have finally added the "coming soon" SCL 9. 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion.

Beating every non-repeatable mission once and every repeatable mission 5 times (3 times for Join Forces missions and 2 times for Wave missions) will get you the top Progression reward. Mission regeneration does not factor into the equation.
  • therightwaye
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion.

Beating every non-repeatable mission once and every repeatable mission 5 times (3 times for Join Forces missions and 2 times for Wave missions) will get you the top Progression reward. Mission regeneration does not factor into the equation.
    But is it worth it?