Known iOS Issue: Do Not Update To R126 *Updated (5/9/17)

Options

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal said:
    After the latest update, I did get a boatload of intercepts... hopefully I continue to get those daily... please?
    Same. They RARELY worked for me before (like a few every couple weeks).

I was thinking "is this what it is like for everyone else?"  No wonder they rake in Iso, hp, tokens, etc.
  • Amazing Telman
    Amazing Telman Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Amazing Telman

Have you tried force closing your MPQ application, and then re-opening it?
    Thanks guys, panic over.  I deleted the game and reinstalled it, and then I got the message to load my back up from Facebook.  All back to normal, thanks.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Are those who were impacted receiving compensation of some sort?  I did not download, so I personally don't feel I need anything.  But it seems that something needs to be done from a fairness perspective to those who were locked out.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Are those who were impacted receiving compensation of some sort?

Of course not.

It's been two days already.

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Compensation would be tough for this one.  Too many variables.

I think iOS, Slices 1 & 2 for PVE should get something... but it only impacted those that had their phones set to autoupdate... which they should not be penalized for.

PVP is so hard to determine because it isn't slice based, it's shields expiring that's a big factor in placement.

I don't play PVP anymore and am in slice 4, so everything happened between my grinds and before I was forced to update by the in-game prompt.  The only reason my PVE placement was negatively impacted was because I fell asleep during my start of sub clears, lol.

I'd definitely compensate those that ask and you verify they are iOS.  I personally won't ask, because it had no effect.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Are those who were impacted receiving compensation of some sort?  I did not download, so I personally don't feel I need anything.  But it seems that something needs to be done from a fairness perspective to those who were locked out.
    You mean probably everyone? Obviously not everyone was affected the same, but if you're an Android user with several iOS users in your alliance then you were affected too. 

Remember when they royally screwed up VIP/CP being issued and then gave everyone some CP at the end? That was a nice gesture. It didn't cost them anything and gained a bunch of goodwill. And since it was given to everyone, easy to implement. 

I wouldn't expect that again, but it would be nice.
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JVReal said:
    Compensation would be tough for this one.  Too many variables.

I think iOS, Slices 1 & 2 for PVE should get something... but it only impacted those that had their phones set to autoupdate... which they should not be penalized for.

PVP is so hard to determine because it isn't slice based, it's shields expiring that's a big factor in placement.

I don't play PVP anymore and am in slice 4, so everything happened between my grinds and before I was forced to update by the in-game prompt.  The only reason my PVE placement was negatively impacted was because I fell asleep during my start of sub clears, lol.

I'd definitely compensate those that ask and you verify they are iOS.  I personally won't ask, because it had no effect.

Actually slice 3 was also hit, ( Im in s3 and due to lockout missed final grind and went from t5 to barely scraping t100).  The lockout also took place during the start LR's.  All that being said there should be some kind of compensation!
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • PhantomSniper
    PhantomSniper Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    @Brigby, you said WE are discussing compensation, let's hear it... Better yet, let's see it

• Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Of course I'd like compensation, but I have to add this was a confidence shaking event. I enjoy the rants and anger of my fellow posters, but this bug seemed very stupid and avoidable. I have fought a long term continuing battle over losing things ( iso, hp, progress) when switching between devices. Having to check rankings, hard shutdown and such isn't that difficult, but when even doing that doesn't spare me from losing things, the game loses some luster. This bug tarnishes even further a game I truly am fond of. I wait to get, not a simple buy off, but a real reassurance that I should continue to support this game.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    The first reaction posted on the page you linked to that compensation is that it's the equivalent of a bunch of Standard/Elite packs. The same thing we joke about here "Enjoy your Moonstone".
  • CaptainFosco
    CaptainFosco Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I don't know the exact details yet, but we are in fact discussing compensation to players due to this issue.
    Any update on this?
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just got 250 HP and 5k ISO! Thanks MPQ!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Who had 250k HP and 5K iso in the compensation betting pool?
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I did, too.  Thanks MPQ  :)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Echoing the thanks. I managed to avoid the issue and got the compensation. Feeling swanky
  • CaptainFosco
    CaptainFosco Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm disappointed. That was way less ISO than I would've earned during the downtime. A little more HP, I suppose, but it doesn't reflect the tokens and CP I lost the chance to earn. HP is kind of useless to me at this stage. 

It's day 884 for me, and while I haven't spent nearly as much as some of you, I must've spent more than £200 on the game with HP purchases and VIP. This is just another thing (along with OML) leaving me feeling extremely disillusioned with MPQ. 
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just WOW!  kinda feels like a slap in the face if you ask me!
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hope they actually work seperate compensations for the guys that were actually affected and lost a bunch more
This discussion has been closed.