Known iOS Issue: Do Not Update To R126 *Updated (5/9/17)

Options

Comments

• Ulliacker
    Ulliacker Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mine says check internet connection and that's all. So I checked other apps and I do have internet connection 
  • Evilgenius9
    Evilgenius9 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Why was this not pulled from the app store? Mine got pushed overnight. Now I can't get in. 
  • TeamUltima
    TeamUltima Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I know these things happen but how are they going to start compensating for this? I was tracking a top 10 finish in the current story campaign. I guess we'll just have to wait and see  :/
  • Ulliacker
    Ulliacker Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mine says check internet connection and that's all. So I checked other apps and I do have internet connection 
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    There should be a new R126 build anticipated to be available today, as Brigby said yesterday in the third update, so we'll have to wait and see.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder what it takes for these devs to actually start implementing some QA process.

How in the tiniest of kitties can these things keep happening every two weeks?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Heh.  Friend of mine mentioned this to me today.  I just had to come back to say I see things are still up to the same standards that drove me away.

• danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    So how do I open a log outside the game? Is this even a thing one can do? (like many, I got an auto update and am now hosed)
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    at this point, don't you just have to laugh? The easiest way to play the game is to not update the game until it forces you to, I guess?

I expect zero compensation, as that is the norm around here. I expect no changes that actually help, as that is the norm around here. I am a masochist, so I continue to play even though it makes no sense to actually play anymore.
  • Sixpak
    Sixpak Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is there an update on this?  Last was there would be a new release today. Today is a pretty wide window. If we could get regular updates that might help ease the frustration a little. Not much since I'll be missing s2 on my pve and most likely my pvp climb. I hope there will be good compensation for those on iOS. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Usually updates pop up between 1-4pm EST from my experience.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The current state of the game is a joke, this looks like the killing blow.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm guessing realistically everyone (not just us on iOS getting royally kittyed) will get 100 HP for compensation. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The bizarre thing is that suddenly I've been getting a ton of SHIELD intercepts on iOS after months of nothing (it's almost like playing on Steam!). So I don't know whether I should be outraged or overjoyed.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Compensation will be tough... they'll say it's widespread (even though it's only impacting iOS users) and say they can't give individual compensation.  But it is only 1/3 of the platforms that will be locked out, so that isn't widespread meaning compensate everyone... just those impacted.
    Of those impacted, some locked out yesterday when they auto updated, and those who turned off autoupdate to do the clear last night will be locked out by the in-game prompt saying an update is available and redirects you to the app store... after they read the in-game popup that says not to update... and they can't play anything despite having a functional game version.

Hope they can disable the in-game update prompt that stops you and redirects you to the app store ... hopefully they do it before my end of sub clear and start of next sub 4 clears.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    awarnica said:

A note to the D3 crew - people are less mad about the issue (although annoyed), and more annoyed Because we know what to expect as compensation.

For those who will:

-miss not necessarily the pvp event end, BUT, the potential time they had planned to play, shield break, shield hop, etc. they feel they will not receive the same rewards that they missed, as compensation.

-due to the above - potentially miss out on top 50/100/etc season score, which might include multiple 10 packs, they feel they will not receive the same rewards that they missed, as compensation.

-miss out on a PVE sub score, top 50/10/5 sub and/or placement, they feel they will not receive the same rewards that they missed, as compensation.

My suggestion would be to compensate those players fairly. You can tell from the last 30 days that I have been playing, my average pvp / pve / season placement. It's not hard to figure out what I missed out on (top 1 in pvp, probable top 50 in season, top 10 in pve / pve sub, pve progression, todays DDQ).

If those rewards were my compensation, I'd just take it and think 'wow, that's good service'. None of the above actually costs D3 anything, and its probably fair and not hard to do.

Would it really be that difficult to come up with a plan as I detailed above? Mistakes happen - if I miss a sheild drop and lose 400 in pvp, that's a mistake and its on me and I pay for it (extra shields, buying health packs etc). If this mistake is on you, shouldn't you guys have the same mindset?

Not criticizing - just thinking of a reasonable approach to a huge issue here, and explaining why people are so mad.

Not likely to happen. When my save file was corrupted, and they asked if i was looking for compensation, i went through and broke down all of that stuff i would have missed out on, node by node, day by day.  They came back with far less than that. I begged and begged for someone to go back, look at my play history,  reward history, etc.  They kept replying that they did not do it, and that I had to accept their paltry rewards.

Best guess is that the people that are impacted by this will get probably a few thousand iso, a few hundred HP, and a few tokens. 

This issue should also highlight once again how bad/disconnected CS is from the general population that plays the game.
  • knightfall
    knightfall Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Am I the only one wondering about covers? There were 5-star-covers I wanted to add to my roster with the hero points i wanted to earn today. There were only a few hours left until the covers expired. Now they are gone for sure. What about compensation for those??
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The thing for me is the game has never automatically updated before. It's always when I open it I get a pop up about needing to update from the App Store. This time I read the forum, googled how to turn off auto updates and then opened the app only to get the check internet connection. Meaning it updated on its own. The hard part is I didn't even get to join PVE meaning I'll miss out on the 15 CP progressional, R/G Cover and whatever placement I could've gotten (been a consistent top ten for non-new release events for quite a nice streak).  It really sucks.
This discussion has been closed.