Known iOS Issue: Do Not Update To R126 *Updated (5/9/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

We are aware of an issue where updating to the R126 patch will cause players to lose all save data. As of right now, we are only noticing players on iOS encountering this.

I will be sure to update this post once this issue has been resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Update: I spoke with the development team, and it appears that players are only temporarily unable to access their saved game data. You can rest assured that all of that data is still backed up on their servers. 

Update 2: Here is some additional information:
  • Players' saves are unaffected. Anyone that downloaded R126 already will have their save progress restored once they update to the next build. (New build of R126 for iOS) Please do not delete the game in the meantime.
    • If anyone has deleted their game, they will have to work with CS to restore the game save if they did not connect their game to Facebook previously.
  • Players who downloaded R126 on iOS already will be unable to connect to the game until the issue is resolved.
    • Those players should be able to play on a R125 iOS device or an Android R125/R126 version of the game until the issue is resolved.
  • iOS Players who haven't updated to R126 can make progress normally.
Update 3: There is a new R126 build anticipated to be available tomorrow.

Update 4: The new R126 build is now available in the iOS store.

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads up. 

Can the devs pull the update from the store? 

Also, in case it wasn't made abundantly clear by now, turn off auto updates for this game, regardless of platform. Wait a day to make sure there's no bugs that'll eat your save or make the game crash on launch, then update once you know everything is in order. 

On Android and Steam, you can do it for select apps. On iOS you have to turn off auto updates altogether.
  • revizion
    revizion Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So... Does this mean the thing that won't let us play without updating tomorrow is turned off?
  • DapperChewie
    Options
    Also, does this effect Facebook backups for saves? If it deletes your save, once this issue is fixed can you start the game back up and reconnect to Facebook to get your progress back? 
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes fab save broken for iOS. Sends u to tutorial upon upload and u can't get your roster back as fab save already checked on cog!
  • LordJalapeno
    LordJalapeno Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hmmm wish I'd seen this BEFORE updating
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    revizion said:
    So... Does this mean the thing that won't let us play without updating tomorrow is turned off?
    Yeah, in all likelihood not.  You'll keep your save data, but can't progress... win/win?

EDIT: You should update the Pre-Release thread to say not to update!
  • DapperChewie
    Options
    I suppose this will make placement easier for Steam and Android users
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Steam won't let me play without updating.  And the update is failing because of a time out error.  Am I allowed to express some dissatisfaction without being jailed or banned?
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Grrrr, I updated before I saw someone posted on FB saying not to. Question is, why the heck did you guys leave it in the damn play store? Going forward, do you think you could start testing these updates before releasing them?
  • voyager
    voyager Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I wish I saw this before updating as well.  I'm over 1000 days into this game and I don't want to lose all of that.  That being said, now that I can't play until this is resolved I'm losing my chance to get the Rocket progression.  Do the developers have an eta on this fix and how to confirm we can recover our rosters?  

Thank you
  • gimmer
    gimmer Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm amongst the affected.

is anyone else seeing stuff like this in their game?

//Removed Image Displaying Debug Text -Brigby
  • Brigby
    Options
    Hi Everyone. We have continuous communication going between us and the developers, and we will be sure to update everyone once the issue is resolved.

We are unfortunately unable to withdraw the update from the iOS store, so if you have encountered this issue, then please submit a support ticket. Please keep in mind though, that Customer Support will not restore the account until after the issue has been resolved, just as a precautionary measure.
  • chris0001
    Options
    voyager said:
    I wish I saw this before updating as well.  I'm over 1000 days into this game and I don't want to lose all of that.  That being said, now that I can't play until this is resolved I'm losing my chance to get the Rocket progression.  Do the developers have an eta on this fix and how to confirm we can recover our rosters?  

Thank you
    Yup over 1180 days here and will loose covers, placement, etc for pve and pve.  As a result of a bad update being pushed out!
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options

I sent an in-game notice to my alliance mates via alliance chat. Others may wish to do the same.

@brigby - maybe we can get an in-game popup notice advising people not to update?

• Brigby
    Options
    @Nightglider1

Yes. I believe there should be an iOS only MOTD going out shortly that warns players not to update to the latest build.
  • chris0001
    Options
    It will be a forced update tomorrow or Wednesday. That is the way it normally happens
This discussion has been closed.