Known iOS Issue: Do Not Update To R126 *Updated (5/9/17)

Options

Comments

• SNKAllen
    SNKAllen Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I updated a few minutes ago for iOS on my iPhone. But I also play on an iPad while I'm at home. Will my iPad version be ok? I have auto updates turned off or will my Facebook save data screw everything up?
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Something like: "Update Complete! Warning: Do Not Update."

Am I the only one who usually gets these warnings when I notice the game is updating, and decide to check the boards about what the update is while it's happening?

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @SNKAllen

I would recommend that you do not open the application on your iPad until a fix has been implemented, for fear that the issue may transfer over to that device.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    And the downward slide of quality of updates continues to gain speed.  What's the next bug, permanently deletes their database on the back end?
  • Mrdarby
    Mrdarby Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Seriously how does this keep happening? I'm going to lose out on xp, rewards, covers and countless other things much like everyone else. 

As as paying customers we shouldn't be subjected to this. I think it's time you actually do some testing. 
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How does this stuff happen with every update? On Android, but wont be updating just incase. 
  • broll
    Options
    Something like: "Update Complete! Warning: Do Not Update."

Am I the only one who usually gets these warnings when I notice the game is updating, and decide to check the boards about what the update is while it's happening?

Might want to rethink let it auto-update.  I have mine set to auto-update, but not on cellular so I usually see major bugs like this before I get home to my wifi.  Were this not the cause I'd have permanently turned off auto-update a while ago, now it's just temporarily ever 3-4 patches.  
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    chris0001 said:
    voyager said:
    I wish I saw this before updating as well.  I'm over 1000 days into this game and I don't want to lose all of that.  That being said, now that I can't play until this is resolved I'm losing my chance to get the Rocket progression.  Do the developers have an eta on this fix and how to confirm we can recover our rosters?  

Thank you
    Yup over 1180 days here and will loose covers, placement, etc for pve and pve.  As a result of a bad update being pushed out!

Be prepared to be absolutely unimpressed with the CS resolution as well.

I was around that many days in when I had the save file go bad the weekend of the Iron Fist release.  I play in a top 100pve, and have gotten over 10k in pvp the last few seasons, so this impacted me quite a bit.  I made a pretty good case for all of the rewards i missed out, very detailed with explanations for nodes, alliance rewards, CP from events, etc.  It was quite substantial and included Fist​ covers. 

It took them almost to the hour, 72 hours to fix it.  When they did offer compensation, they offered 8700 iso, 2100 hp, 3 cp and 3 health packs.

And that was just for an isolated case.  I bet for a wide impact like this, it will be even less...
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gotta love the quality testing by this outfit.  Do they even know how to test anything.  I don't think we need anymore proof this company does not care about their paying customers one bit.  How do you keep letting this happen?  Is there any pride at any of these companies.  Pride alone would keep me from sending this junk out.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wow.  The level of quality in this game continues to impress me.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    And the downward slide of quality of updates continues to gain speed.  What's the next bug, permanently deletes their database on the back end?

The one after that will delete Spider-Man. Not from the game, just in general.
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    How do I get a job there? Clearly it takes no experience and quality control must have crazy low expectations. Not one update goes through smoothly.... NOT ONE
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    broll said:

The one after that will delete Spider-Man. Not from the game, just in general.

I suppose that would clear up the rights issue with Sony and Disney. 
  • broll
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    People who keep complaining about the testing really have absolutely no idea what is required in software testing. The increased smack-talk towards the devs is frustrating, and isn't helping the situation at all.
    Actually I do, but thanks for assuming.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    People who keep complaining about the testing really have absolutely no idea what is required in software testing. The increased smack-talk towards the devs is frustrating, and isn't helping the situation at all.
    Does it work on Android? yes
    Does it work on Steam? yes
    Does it work on iOS? why wouldn't it, just ship it out... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

• WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    I do know that not one update in the close to 3 years I have been playing this game has gone smoothly. I can't say the same for almost every other game that I play. Also when other games do have issues the compensation is reasonable. They don't give you the equivalent of a standard token and say oops sorry even though you have finished t10 in every event for 2 years you can't assume you would get it this time. 
This discussion has been closed.