Thor Weekly Tournament

Options
12345679»

Comments

• I'm stuck at 1440 cause I can't find anyone worth more than 3 points and I am sure I'll never make it to 1500 icon_razz.gif
  • Have you been doing 50 point Lightning rounds? Low finishes will affect the matchmaking.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Misguided wrote:
    Have you been doing 50 point Lightning rounds? Low finishes will affect the matchmaking.
    Yeah, the only one I have of the boosted characters is a 1 cover rag, which I can't actually attack with unless I use like....bag man, so I can't really make any progress in them without wasting way too much iso on boosts to be worth it.

That "feature" really just exacerbates the whole "rich get richer" way tournaments work
  • Misguided wrote:
    Have you been doing 50 point Lightning rounds? Low finishes will affect the matchmaking.
    I thought it was based on battle wins and losses, not tourney placement?
  • Just in case anyone missed it, there are a couple more Thor covers available in heroic juggernaut: Who is This Clown. (far right, bottom)

Brought me up to 3/4/3 for the big push, and up to 2 0/0/1 covers I've vendored now.
  • Well, made it to 1500. Can't say the Loki cover is worth it, but you never know. Maybe it will come in handy.
  • I hated this tourney. Thor was incredibly overpowered with the buff. Just my 2 cents.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Well, I may be in the minority on this one...but the end of this tournament didn't feel very fun to me.

The Thor buff made every single team ridiculously easy to handle. Mjolnir first turn, thunder strike second or third turn, stun last remaining character for a turn or two, then Mjolnir/Thunder Strike. I didn't even bother to check what team anybody was running...
  • its kinda funny cuz their was a thor orientated tourney really early in the game, and no one really complained, but at high levels and damage outscaling health drastically, exactly what namek said. i think i got attacked twice in the last hour, the competition was at a lull.
  • It may have been easy.. but I still lost the tourney.. I got attacked like 9-12 times in the last 5 min.. I couldn't maintain my score. I really wanted that X wolverine cover.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Vexed wrote:
    It may have been easy.. but I still lost the tourney.. I got attacked like 9-12 times in the last 5 min.. I couldn't maintain my score. I really wanted that X wolverine cover.

Did you have a really high score to begin with? (And have a target on your back?) I hovered around 1100 for the last 10ish minutes or so, probably only got attacked 2-3 times, mostly retaliations from the few minutes prior.

I think the last Thor tourney, he was only buffed 50%...which I think was the last time we saw somebody buffed for that low an amount. I guess the devs didn't think it was enough. I only used the default Thor for that tourney (as did many others), so I didn't care that much...
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was #1 earlier today, but I went to a movie tonight and had 15 minutes to try to catch up when I got home. Came in right at about #26 in the 26-50 tier. Easy come, easy go.
  • Nemek wrote:
    Vexed wrote:
    It may have been easy.. but I still lost the tourney.. I got attacked like 9-12 times in the last 5 min.. I couldn't maintain my score. I really wanted that X wolverine cover.

Did you have a really high score to begin with? (And have a target on your back?) I hovered around 1100 for the last 10ish minutes or so, probably only got attacked 2-3 times, mostly retaliations from the few minutes prior.

I think the last Thor tourney, he was only buffed 50%...which I think was the last time we saw somebody buffed for that low an amount. I guess the devs didn't think it was enough. I only used the default Thor for that tourney (as did many others), so I didn't care that much...

I was around 1080-1150. Next time I am bringing daken so that everyone can get sick of sitting through the Pheromone Rage message lol.
  • i got hit like 20 times in the last 30 minutes, barely got my x-force wolv >_<

not fun at all, just mindless spam with boosts
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I was 1st place with 16 minutes left when i ran out of heals and got decimated.

Top 25 finish icon_e_sad.gif
  • hmm, guess my experience was slightly different, was around 1100, and got attacked 2-3 times last 15 minutes (which i retaliated back), got 1st place seemingly easily
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I finished in the top 2 in my bracket.

I was around #8 with < 10 minutes left, but I had 5 30+ points targets queued up and hit them all to move up.
  • Bainee wrote:

I was around #8 with < 10 minutes left, but I had 5 30+ points targets queued up and hit them all to move up.

Smart, although it's quite sad the meta isn't who you use or what strategy you use, but what the right attacking strategy is.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Bainee wrote:

Smart, although it's quite sad the meta isn't who you use or what strategy you use, but what the right attacking strategy is.

I came in #1, which is where I spent most of the tourney. But after making 1200 on Wed I didn't play it again until yesterday. That put me at around 800 pts, I was able to rocket up to 1300, and finished at about 1180.

As far as the meta -- sorry, there wasn't one this time. Go in with Thor and two buffs and do what Nemek said above. Nothing else mattered when the entire opposing team is dead in 0-3 turns.