Thor Weekly Tournament

Options

Comments

• just taking a break from the lasi IM40 tournament. and now thor??? WTH...surefire combo.thor+classic storm is already deadly without buff. and surely we can not throw 3rd char as bait. because the one who get attacked is always thor [env tile].
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    This tournament is starting very nicely for me. Got to the Heroic token and got my first Spidey cover icon_e_biggrin.gif

Does anyone know how big the brackets are for this? I would looooove to shoot for a high ranking this time but I'm worried about the competition.
  • Dninot wrote:
    This tournament is starting very nicely for me. Got to the Heroic token and got my first Spidey cover icon_e_biggrin.gif

Does anyone know how big the brackets are for this? I would looooove to shoot for a high ranking this time but I'm worried about the competition.

Brackets are 200. You can check it in game in rules of tournament.
  • I want the yellow x wolverine. Its part of my ultimate plan mwahahaha
  • Wheeeeeee! Let's collect red!! Boring. Unless you have level 85 Thor and high level ragnarok don't even bother playing for rank. Just go for cumulative rewards.
  • Over 600 points now, taking a break... Out if health, ISO and easy point worthy enemies icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Yea, I zoomed to 600.

Had the worst luck with my tokens though. 2 modern storms, 1 classic storm and a bagman. Ugh.
  • Haven't started yet (won't be able to dedicate any time for another 12 hours, so why get into the early crowd?), but if there's Ragnarok in them rewards, I'm hoping there's also a buttload of hero points in there somewhere...
  • Does someone know whether the Wolverine reward is only the yellow one or all?
  • Arclight wrote:
    Does someone know whether the Wolverine reward is only the yellow one or all?
    From the event rewards screen it looks like it is Yellow only. I'll just be going for the cumulative rewards since the ending time never works for me. Probably shooting for the 600 level Hero Points.
  • Arclight wrote:
    Does someone know whether the Wolverine reward is only the yellow one or all?

Yup, just yellow
  • Boosting. That's what Thor needed. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • HAMMER TIME! There, I said it.

Guess this is a good tournament for newer guys to get the covers they need to jump on the Thor/Storm bandwagon, but the return rate from Lightning store is abysmal. I'm 6/6 Storm (Modern) atm.

And those boosted crits are hilarious, I'm really not liking that boosted heroes also get boosted crit ratings on top of their already-boosted tile matching. It makes everything even more swingy than usual.
  • Best tournament for me yet, as I'm normally using Thor and C.Storm, but even with higher chance of getting CS covers I still didnt get them. Before the tournametn in 30 1* packs i didn't have Classic Storm icon_e_sad.gif
  • HAMMER TIME! There, I said it.

Guess this is a good tournament for newer guys to get the covers they need to jump on the Thor/Storm bandwagon, but the return rate from Lightning store is abysmal. I'm 6/6 Storm (Modern) atm.

And those boosted crits are hilarious, I'm really not liking that boosted heroes also get boosted crit ratings on top of their already-boosted tile matching. It makes everything even more swingy than usual.
    Honestly, I was trying to phase out my Thor and c.Storm. Rocked IM40+Daken+c.Storm/Juggs in the last tourney. Quite frankly, I'm tired of using them. c.Storm is alright, but Thor is a bore. IM40 is not bad, but I don't quite like him as a character. Trying to figure out a replacement. Really want to put Cap on my team, but my problem is synergy. I think Hood would go good with him, but I don't have em yet.
  • Black Widow is my most critical member in this round.

+3 AP boost with a +3 Blue/Purple. Only need one blue match and then I can freeze the opposing Thor for 5 rounds. Which usually gives enough time to wipe out two characters and still get 9 more AP for another freeze.

For fun, I throw in a +20% on Red/Yellow matches and Thor really gets devestating.
  • "Featuring special Thor cover packs and awesome rewards, including Wolverine (X-Force), Loki, and Ragnarok"

It's probably just awkwardly worded, but I read that and expect to see Ragnarok as a reward somewhere in there. Instead it's really only a random chance to get him with one of the Thunder recruit tokens. And since my bracket never seems to top 1000 points, there's probably only one chance at that, at 500 points.

Really wishing I'd followed my first impulse and deliberately got the Thor awards from the the weekend tournament, instead of making the (failed) push to the top.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    And since my bracket never seems to top 1000 points, there's probably only one chance at that, at 500 points.

You can (and do) fight people outside your bracket. You're only ranked against people in your bracket.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    fatcatfan wrote:
    And since my bracket never seems to top 1000 points, there's probably only one chance at that, at 500 points.

You can (and do) fight people outside your bracket. You're only ranked against people in your bracket.

He means that most of the time, even top finishers don't end up at 1000 points. I try to push hard on Thursdays to get up there before the competition goes insane. Never going to end at 1000, but maybe peak there, which I have done exactly once so far.

And like in previous Tournaments, Buffed character cannot match. I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • yeah, i peaked at 1110 last tournament, and ended in 2nd place at 900