Thor Weekly Tournament

Once again, i'll start it off! Boosted Thor tournament!

200 person bracket. 4**** Wolverine as your reward! Loki's and Thor's are up for progression rewards.

Incoming war for 4**** Wolverine (although he's bad)

Comments

• And a freebie L6 Thor or use your own. 150% boost.

This should be... Interesting. Wonder if they'll fix the boost this time around.
  • Once again, I'd rather the 25-50 reward. Need to finish off Daken's black. Tiered rewards are modest this time around. Not sure what I'm gonna do. Boosted Thor means 5 second matches. Won't be pretty.
  • Unless overkill adds to your rez time, I don't expect to notice the difference between boosted thor specials and unboosted.
  • i just realized, there's a ton of thors out there (cuz he's awesome and a 2* with lots of covers since the inception of the game), so lots of 85 thors, which do 1100 damage for 6 ap red ability. multiply that by 150%, we have 2800 6ap red's going out that builds yellows into 11ap yellow thunderstrikes that does 5000 damage.

there's no team that's threatening, even the godlike teams are not gonna be happy, there will be lots of fluctuating for top position in their brackets.
  • Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    forgrim wrote:
    i just realized, there's a ton of thors out there (cuz he's awesome and a 2* with lots of covers since the inception of the game), so lots of 85 thors, which do 1100 damage for 6 ap red ability. multiply that by 150%, we have 2800 6ap red's going out that builds yellows into 11ap yellow thunderstrikes that does 5000 damage.

there's no team that's threatening, even the godlike teams are not gonna be happy, there will be lots of fluctuating for top position in their brackets.

This is be a good ISO gaining tournament. Quick matches and little damage taken. Time to level those covers.
  • I can't imagine a more boring tournament than this. There's going to be very little skill involved, just a weeklong grind. God help you if you don't have a high level Thor yet.
    This tournament makes me hope they introduce more PvE missions this week.
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    can anyone confirm that boosted Thor is actually allowed to attack when matching gems? There was that bug in the previous 2 tournaments, where the boosted hero did not attack (Juggernaut, and the new Iron Man), and I haven't seen IceX mention anything about it (either noticing or fixing it).
  • Well this tournament looks disgusting.
  • Twanbon wrote:
    I can't imagine a more boring tournament than this. There's going to be very little skill involved, just a weeklong grind. God help you if you don't have a high level Thor yet.
    See I disagree. I think this tournament will be a great way for people to get Iso to level up their lower level characters. If youve got a pretty decently leveled thor, you can brush through them and get some of that juicy Iso.

Yeah sure, a buffed up Thor means games are going to be over quickly, and lord knows how bad the last hour of the tournament will be. But it's a weeklong thing. You might as well enjoy it.
  • GoldenLink wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    I can't imagine a more boring tournament than this. There's going to be very little skill involved, just a weeklong grind. God help you if you don't have a high level Thor yet.
    See I disagree. I think this tournament will be a great way for people to get Iso to level up their lower level characters. If youve got a pretty decently leveled thor, you can brush through them and get some of that juicy Iso.

Yeah sure, a buffed up Thor means games are going to be over quickly, and lord knows how bad the last hour of the tournament will be. But it's a weeklong thing. You might as well enjoy it.

Most people run thors in their regular teams anyways, so the only difference between this and the Shield training is the 150% boost. I agree with Twanbon, super boring. Only thing to look forward to is maybe lightning rounds and hopefully word on the new PvE stuff. zzz
  • uuddlrlr
    uuddlrlr Posts: 93 Match Maker
    not commenting on the tournament's perceived quality.

But I believe that Thor was also boosted in a tournament when I first started playing this game. So this tournament has at least some "nostalgic" value to me. (LOL @ nostalgia for a memory that's only a few weeks old icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    I'm quite happy because in all likelyhood, this tourney will help me max out my Thor. I only needed two covers left to do it, so this is perfect.

Can't understand complaints about this tournament though. The only difference between this and last week is that we aren't being forced to use Juggernaut. Maybe we'll see more variety now than Thor-Jug-Storm all the damn time. (Not much, but still!)
  • Dninot wrote:
    I'm quite happy because in all likelyhood, this tourney will help me max out my Thor. I only needed two covers left to do it, so this is perfect.

Can't understand complaints about this tournament though. The only difference between this and last week is that we aren't being forced to use Juggernaut. Maybe we'll see more variety now than Thor-Jug-Storm all the damn time. (Not much, but still!)

it'll be classic storm, thor, and ___ fill in blank with ragnarok/spiderman/etc etc
  • Played some rounds and it is pretty crazy! With my mid 50s Thor I'm doing over 1800 with the red skill that only costs 6. No team will be safe get his round I think. I've been getting punished by the crazy high level teams so enjoying the payback icon_e_smile.gif. This is going to be more about managing lives than team I suspect. By the way, the cover tokens are for special stacks that have Thor and 2 star storm. Of course I got nothing I needed but it could have been good.
  • Thor tourney, finally we'll see some Thor's around huh?

My own is lvl 6, so I guess see ya next week....
  • Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    I think my intentional failure in the Ironman tournament set me up well for this. Lots of really easy opponents lining up for me.
  • So, you know how some people are a little tired of seeing so many C. Storms and Thors in PvP?

Well...do ya want the bad news first? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tip for this one. If you have a high Thor, start early quick grind and leave him in team for defense, lot if people will skip an 85 Thor due to possible floor wiping. If you fancy a go though, try to have re for yellow boosts first
  • Thor/Daken/Storm or Thor/Daken/IM MK40?

pros of storm on defense: makes the other player focus on her first, letting thor get more hits in

pros of IM MK40: if he gets recharge off its over for the other guy. However, am concerned people just focus fire on thor.

Maybe Thor/Storm/IM MK40?
  • The last hours of the tournament will be all about boosts. +3all and +3 red/yellow makes it pretty quick... Guess people will either stack them hard or spend tons of ISO to buy them... icon_e_wink.gif