Thor Weekly Tournament

Options

Comments

• Dninot
    Dninot Posts: 214
    Options
    I'm 3rd in my bracket with around 890.

First place is nearly at 1000 already. There's a 300 points gap between 1st and 10th. With three days left this is going to be a barn burner!
  • This might mean it's possible for MORE people to hit the 1k+ rewards.That would be great news for us ALL.
  • Is there someone with me on Thor Bracket ? icon_mrgreen.gif

uid : lleywen icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Question for rewards : if we get a reward Thunder (random char) and if we don't use it. Will it be dropped or send to general rewards once the tournament is finished ?
  • With this buffed Thor I'm able to do some pretty dramatic swings. Woke up with 640 points and was able to push that to 950 points in 30 minutes. Ran out of time to push it anymore, but I was pretty much out of health at that point anyways.

Hopefully, next push will take me past 1000.
  • Seeing a lot of new names in my opponent selection screen, which is always good. Nice to battle an array of characters rather than the same people over and over.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Well hit over 1000 last night and gave up on 1200 as it just wasn't happening. Get up this morning and I lost 560 points.......
  • already break through 700 at first day..and try again 1200 d-1

I broke 800 day 1, but the retaliations get vicious fast. Hope to break 1k today. We'll see.
    lleywen wrote:
    Question for rewards : if we get a reward Thunder (random char) and if we don't use it. Will it be dropped or send to general rewards once the tournament is finished ?

It will go poof. Don't do that. See a similar thread in either the Suggestions or Bugs forum about the IM40 token.
  • archjojo is in my bracket, i think we can carry this one to victory
  • Reached 1100 today so I will just let myself drop down and farm for 3 days or so and then try to reach 1200(or before if we get health packs as daily gift).
  • This has been the easiest tournament yet for me, I've hit over 1,000 points without really even trying (I've probably already lost 200 points in the 2 hours I've been off); not sure if I got put in a lower tier since I hadn't been playing as much recently or if my Thor is finally getting strong enough to do some heavy lifting (the boost helps of course) but I am hopefully I'll get top 5 if not top 2. Time shall tell.
  • hogunner wrote:
    This has been the easiest tournament yet for me, I've hit over 1,000 points without really even trying (I've probably already lost 200 points in the 2 hours I've been off); not sure if I got put in a lower tier since I hadn't been playing as much recently or if my Thor is finally getting strong enough to do some heavy lifting (the boost helps of course) but I am hopefully I'll get top 5 if not top 2. Time shall tell.
    Yeah, I've found a method that lets me gain a huge amount of ground on the board when I start fully healed and a full compliment of health backs. I just cracked 1,000 so I'm going to let myself get pounded back into the stone age and then see if I can make a run on the 1,200 Level Hero Points.
  • I've had a couple of bad luck runs (make initial match, watch AI get an easy 5-match blue that drops a crit to a 3-match red.... triggering my Storm... triggering his Storm twice... all dead), but I broke 900.

My issue is that once I use up my retaliations to get back to where I was I find it hard to get anyone for more than 20 points.
  • Went from 1050 to 650 overnight with a 85 thor / 60 daken / 60 storm. :/
  • ur team puts no fear in me. no team puts fear in me in this tournament. thor hammer smash takes down everything. running 84/76/36, thor/cstorm/mk40, and yellow and red matches, and its pretty much gg on anyone.
  • Yep, it's all about having as many matches as possible and grinding out some ISO.
  • Yea, I don't even have a maxed Thor (lvl 61) and I am zooming through everyone. The only thing that holds me back is if I get a bad board and the opposing Thor gets to put a few licks on my character before I get a chance to freeze him.
  • broke 1k again, then got hit by 2 600 range ppl, and now back to 920. that's the insanity of this tournament, lower ppl can beat u riding the thor hammer
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    broke 1k again, then got hit by 2 600 range ppl, and now back to 920. that's the insanity of this tournament, lower ppl can beat u riding the thor hammer

Yeah it's getting insane when up over 1k and someone beats you with a team in the 30s and 40s. Worst is you lose 30+ points and can only get back 6 or 7....
  • I must've thrown away like 4-5 Thor (Green) covers... trying to get 5/5/3... I finally hit 800 TP and got Thor (Yellow) so trying to level him up now... my bracket is pretty close with 700's in the top 10 and the top 2 is around 800 (I'm at 825 rank #1 icon_razz.gif)