Thor Weekly Tournament

Options

Comments

• So after holding #1 for a fair bit of time in the pre-R41 Juggernaut tournament and finishing top 2 in the IM40, I'm having a hard time breaking 25 in this one. 33/45 Thor sits in the back and does nothing but specials, and I'm eating enough dps that full health and 5 packs gets me about 3 fights. Only had to heal juggernaut in his tournament, and Storm last weekend (healed wolverine up on 2 lvl 1 snipers if he needed it and used free IM40, plus nobody had a high level IM40 to dish it out). Basically losing the whole team every fight this time.
  • Most of these PVP events are pretty enjoyable, though this one seems kind of poorly designed. As an example, the turnover is so quick in these matches, I hit 1000 points without much of a problem on day one. Haven't played in it since then as everything above 1000 points isn't particularly interesting. I imagine I'll come back again on Friday to place at the end.
  • ccseifert wrote:
    Most of these PVP events are pretty enjoyable, though this one seems kind of poorly designed. As an example, the turnover is so quick in these matches, I hit 1000 points without much of a problem on day one. Haven't played in it since then as everything above 1000 points isn't particularly interesting. I imagine I'll come back again on Friday to place at the end.
    500 Hero Points isn't interesting? I wish I had that problem...
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    500 Hero Points isn't interesting? I wish I had that problem...

It's not that the prize is uninteresting, but when you're 150 points ahead of the next guy in your bracket, trying to gain another 200 points at 10-15 at a time and hoping you don't lose 40 in one match in the meantime makes it not worth the effort.
  • I had the same problem in the weekend tournament. I couldn't make that hump from 1100 to 1200 because it was 5 pts a fight against teams 150 levels higher than me. I ended up first in my bracket, but I couldn't make it to the next reward tier.
  • Anyone get to 1200 points and receive the 500HP? Seems sorta impossible since everyone keeps attacking you...
  • No highest I have achieved is 989.
    Then you lose anywhere from 200-250 overnight and its climb back up again with routine attacks throughout the day.

Soldiering on icon_e_smile.gif
  • I just got over 1100 points, but I'm sure I lost a ton after I stopped playing. However, I'm racking up the ISO! Just a little under 30,000. Not sure which characters to juice.
  • The highest I got was 1050. Walked away to let my next health pack regen and 20 minutes later I had lost 180 points. Crazy.

Not going to bother until the very end. Just grinding ISO in the shield tourney instead.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Just got to 1200...and I have to apologize to the same few people for beating their teams around 8ish times each. For whatever reason, I only see the same 7 or so opponents and only a few of them had 900+ points. I felt pretty awful about it...but hopefully they retaliate to get those back...
  • Polkio wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    I've been taking it pretty easy with all of the "events" as of late. They just get so tiresome these days. I can't play more than 30 minutes at a time anymore and some days I don't even log on. It's just a grind for Iso for me now and I'd rather do PvE for that since my points won't fluctuate. I really thought that they would launch the second PvE episode right after the first one, but now it's been a little over two weeks and still nothing but Arena tournaments.

The only thing that holds my interest at the moment is those lightning rounds
    Soon to PVE, and soon to "more better" Lightning Rounds.

Can't wait for PVE.

Polkio! You were in my Unstable ISO bracket and I was dang impressed that you reached 5k.
  • Just hit 1200. Man that was brutal icon_e_sad.gif
  • Sitting at 1100 with 4 people giving me over 25 retaliation points. Bad thing is, all are active and I won't beat them fast enough icon_e_sad.gif
  • lucky for u guys. my bracket seems not going to break 1100. everyone still waiting for the other. become boring right now.
    when will new pve came
  • To people who made it to 1100 - 1200 + I have a plan to make it to 1500 but I need your cooperation. People like zac and so on if you all want to make it beyond 1300 pm me. I made it to highest 1273 but no one to leech points to loki
  • I won't try for 1200. When I try in the 'off-hours' there aren't enough people that have 1000+ points and when I try in the 'on-hours', there are too many people attacking me to gain traction.
  • Add me to the 1200 club, that was quite an adrenaline rush actually icon_e_smile.gif got up to 1100 first thing, lost 200 points this morning to a barrage of attacks, but somehow managed to score another 300 points in 45 mins at lunchtime. With a few attacks in that time as well, was having to play on turbo lol

Loki is the only cover I don't have, can't say I'm too bothered about grinding up to 1300 though.
  • I was twice at 1200 today but I didn't get the reward as the game updated scores after the fight each time :/ I will keep trying.
  • For the 1200 - 1100 people please download Line and Add me @ aioliahanatsuki
    We will private chat there our plan XD
    http://line.naver.jp/en/
  • Made it to 1200 last night, couldn't sleep due to huge mistake at work, gave me the worries. Anyways I spent the 500 hp on cover packs and got 2 hawkeye's and a loki. I never indended to get loki, but I guess I'll keep him and see if they change his moves.