Thor Weekly Tournament

Options

Comments

• Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I managed to hit 1200 just a few minutes ago.
  • oh after you add remember to drop a message to say hi so i can add you to the group
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    Made it to 1200 last night, couldn't sleep due to huge mistake at work, gave me the worries. Anyways I spent the 500 hp on cover packs and got 2 hawkeye's and a loki. I never indended to get loki, but I guess I'll keep him and see if they change his moves.

This club is also for the future tournament not just this . icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I probably played about 4 hours of SHIELD matches last night (just picking off the easiest opponents for ISO rewards) and noticed there were a BUNCH of people that had 100+ leveled Ragnoraks, Spideys and X Force Wolverines.

Do you think those are just dummy accounts for people to beat up on and increase the overall push up the SHIELD ladder? Because I never see these people (or high characters) compete in the daily tourneys and I cycle through hundreds of opponents every day.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I think we see an interesting dynamic in that a lot of the players who have invested a lot of money into the game don't actually play that much. I see enough really high level teams that I don't recognize from the tops of leaderboards, when they should really be cleaning up rather easily.

I feel like the consistently high ranked players are generally ones who have spent a moderate amount of money (<$50), but play a lot.
  • I've spent about $30 so far, and my highest is level 62 storm. I've won 2 brackets and have place top 25 4 times , and reach 1100 in the past 3 tournaments. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Three times now I've crested 1200, but in that moment in between the You Win! screen and the tourney menu been plinked down. The rank rewards and post-1200 rewards are poor enough that I don't really care if I get plinked to hell once I get 1200, but the ADHD nature of this tournament makes that ridiculously difficult.

I'm not at smash-the-iPod-and-quit-the-game rage yet... but I can see clearly how people reach that state.
  • 1300 to 942 in an hour, drop of 350+ points. sacrifice one lightning tournament to go high in the standings since no one is paying attn at that time haha
  • Three times now I've crested 1200, but in that moment in between the You Win! screen and the tourney menu been plinked down. The rank rewards and post-1200 rewards are poor enough that I don't really care if I get plinked to hell once I get 1200, but the ADHD nature of this tournament makes that ridiculously difficult.

I'm not at smash-the-iPod-and-quit-the-game rage yet... but I can see clearly how people reach that state.

My new favorite one is when you go into a battle fighting someone that is worth 18 points, which will put you above the next reward tier, but in the course of the battle they get defeated by one (or more) other people which ends up reducing the reward you get when you finally beat them.

So, instead of getting 1201 (as you thought before the battle started) you get 1199 instead.

Sometimes it does work in your favor (you get a few more bonus points than you thought), but usually it's the other way around.
  • Weep... making a hard push to 1200 and somehow the enemy does enough damage on round 1 to trigger my C Storm (my Thor is stuck at 3/5/3, so no 1st round hammer for me). Which triggers his twice. I was able to kill his C Storm and Thor on the next round, but now my Thor is badly hurt, C Storm and Wolverine are dead, and I'm out of heals.

And then the Lightning round ended and I'm getting retaliated against left and right.

And I was at ~1260.
  • 1260, so you were aiming for 1300? i did it during the first lightning round when everyone and their mom was slamming into that tournament.

i'm down to 800 from all the retaliations, i assume ppl were not happy with me attacking them during that tournament haha.

1300-800 in 2 hours.
  • Dangit. I was at ~1160. And now I cannot even hold on to 1100 from being forced to attack people so far below. This is after using all my retaliations and spending 15 minutes skipping people who will reward only 10 points.

The scoring is simply broken. I'm really pretty pissed off about it right now.
  • those who made the push used the 10 pointers to get there, just pray you don't get hit
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there something up with the matchmaking? I skipped a few retaliations for people with 600, since their counter counter retaliations would eat more than I'd get back, but I've been been refreshing for the past half hour or so trying to find someone to get points from, and I've seen like maybe 3 that had worthwhile points. Like, the last 10 fights I skipped through there was only one who'd yield more than 10 for winning, and like 7 of them with less than 400 points (and even one with 0!)
  • woke up this morning, and saw the thour tournament can not be found. however, the announcement of thor progressing is still pop up

what's going on??? if i remember correctly, thor tournament should end at 16 nov 2013
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    I probably played about 4 hours of SHIELD matches last night (just picking off the easiest opponents for ISO rewards) and noticed there were a BUNCH of people that had 100+ leveled Ragnoraks, Spideys and X Force Wolverines.

Do you think those are just dummy accounts for people to beat up on and increase the overall push up the SHIELD ladder? Because I never see these people (or high characters) compete in the daily tourneys and I cycle through hundreds of opponents every day.

I think that they don't have the time to play too much, so instead they put the money. There are a few that I see regularly that for some reason clog my matchmaking with 0 points. I don't understand why they are even in my matchmaking list when they don't participate in any tournaments

and miss marvel ****, just restart the game. it happens sometimes
  • Spoit wrote:
    Is there something up with the matchmaking? I skipped a few retaliations for people with 600, since their counter counter retaliations would eat more than I'd get back, but I've been been refreshing for the past half hour or so trying to find someone to get points from, and I've seen like maybe 3 that had worthwhile points. Like, the last 10 fights I skipped through there was only one who'd yield more than 10 for winning, and like 7 of them with less than 400 points (and even one with 0!)

I'm having the exact same problem. I'm sitting just under 900 points and struggling to find matches worth more than single digits. I'd thought maybe my lazy participation in the lightning round had messed up my Elo type rating. I jumped in with a B-team, grabbed the quick 100 point progress rewards and got out.
  • I managed to crawl across the 1000 mark at about 10 poins per match while folks were busy chasing the Ragnarok lightning round, but I really don't understand why I can't find any higher scoring opponents.

Edit: oh, and my reward for redeeming the 1000 Thunder token? Ragnarok! I now have a total of 2, both red.
  • Hello, nice to meet you all. I have a question, I already asked at the club 1200, but maybe this thread more appropriate to ask. right now I am stuck at 1370. Every enemy I encounter below 1000, so its about 3 to 4 rank point only I get to climb up. Is there a way to directly challenge a person above 1000? it will be better if above 1200. Could someone help? Thank you icon_e_smile.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But seriously, is no one else having anomalous matchmaking results? I was able to find opponents to get up to 1k fairly easy the first time, but now after using up my retaliations, I'm at 800 and can't find even a 700 point opponent to fight.