Thor Weekly Tournament

Options

Comments

• the bracket is too jumpy right now, everyone goes high then low, hard to get a read...the final hour, it'll be the winner determined by how long they can sustain attacking while fending off the armies of thor
  • forgrim wrote:
    ur team puts no fear in me. no team puts fear in me in this tournament. thor hammer smash takes down everything. running 84/76/36, thor/cstorm/mk40, and yellow and red matches, and its pretty much gg on anyone.

I know, that's the point. There's no team that's safe. Your team is even worse than mine! :/
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    ur team puts no fear in me. no team puts fear in me in this tournament. thor hammer smash takes down everything. running 84/76/36, thor/cstorm/mk40, and yellow and red matches, and its pretty much gg on anyone.

I know, that's the point. There's no team that's safe. Your team is even worse than mine! :/

this tournament, if you have a thor, every team is equal or worse than ur own haha.

its a giant iso farm
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    forgrim wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    forgrim wrote:

this tournament, if you have a thor, every team is equal or worse than ur own haha.

its a giant iso farm

Yeah sadly it is making it impossible to get to that 1200 Point mark >.<
  • forgrim wrote:
    the bracket is too jumpy right now, everyone goes high then low, hard to get a read...the final hour, it'll be the winner determined by how long they can sustain attacking while fending off the armies of thor

As previously laboured in other threads, your standings over the first few days of this largely mean nothing. I'm not emotionally investing in any of the losses, got bashed for 49 points by someone earlier, to the basher - enjoy them! This tournament even more than most will be about the last hour, given how even the playing field is.
  • Shuino
    Shuino Posts: 164 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Ladder wrote:
    forgrim wrote:
    the bracket is too jumpy right now, everyone goes high then low, hard to get a read...the final hour, it'll be the winner determined by how long they can sustain attacking while fending off the armies of thor

As previously laboured in other threads, your standings over the first few days of this largely mean nothing. I'm not emotionally investing in any of the losses, got bashed for 49 points by someone earlier, to the basher - enjoy them! This tournament even more than most will be about the last hour, given how even the playing field is.

If by last hour you mean 10 minutes then yes, yes it will lol
  • Only way to get to 1200 is sneak in during low traffic like late thursday night.
  • I don't even earn any ISO on these things. I have to use all my earnings on boosts so I take as little as damage as possible so I can extend my run for as long as possible.
  • Running two boosts, I'm gaining ISO slowly while ending every fight in about 30 seconds and taking minimal damage. Of course, so is everyone else when it's their turn on offense.

Whoever thought up this tournament, I'm really not impressed and I'm hoping there'll be something else to do soon -- more PvE, Lightning Rounds, something other than everyone smashing their nuclear weapons together over and over.
  • This tournament is designed to have the guys who have all the big Thor and rags to stay on top and for newbies to get some fast rewards the first few days, and then for the middle of the road guys to smash each other to pieces and spend a ton of money on boosts and health packs.
  • Running two boosts, I'm gaining ISO slowly while ending every fight in about 30 seconds and taking minimal damage. Of course, so is everyone else when it's their turn on offense.

Whoever thought up this tournament, I'm really not impressed and I'm hoping there'll be something else to do soon -- more PvE, Lightning Rounds, something other than everyone smashing their nuclear weapons together over and over.

It's a change of pace event to me, with all the volatility. There's some events that I have thought are pretty naff, but realise that something else will come around that I might enjoy a bit more. In my experience, you're rarely waiting long for something new to have a crack at with MPQ.
  • The Ladder wrote:
    It's a change of pace event to me, with all the volatility. There's some events that I have thought are pretty naff, but realise that something else will come around that I might enjoy a bit more. In my experience, you're rarely waiting long for something new to have a crack at with MPQ.

I've been taking it pretty easy with all of the "events" as of late. They just get so tiresome these days. I can't play more than 30 minutes at a time anymore and some days I don't even log on. It's just a grind for Iso for me now and I'd rather do PvE for that since my points won't fluctuate. I really thought that they would launch the second PvE episode right after the first one, but now it's been a little over two weeks and still nothing but Arena tournaments.

The only thing that holds my interest at the moment is those lightning rounds
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    I've been taking it pretty easy with all of the "events" as of late. They just get so tiresome these days. I can't play more than 30 minutes at a time anymore and some days I don't even log on. It's just a grind for Iso for me now and I'd rather do PvE for that since my points won't fluctuate. I really thought that they would launch the second PvE episode right after the first one, but now it's been a little over two weeks and still nothing but Arena tournaments.

Soon to PVE, and soon to "more better" Lightning Rounds.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    The Ladder wrote:

Fair comments. I have only really been playing on my 45 minute train journeys back and forth to work and some lunch hours of late. Don't play much at home, except for conclusion of events, or if I'm bored!

I actually find the lightning rounds quite tiresome, they're too intense to play back to back to back to back... icon_eek.gif

And I'm with you, would enjoy a bit more PvE action.
  • IceIX wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:

Can't wait for PVE.
  • Yup...this change of pace is good. There is not much better incentive in this tournament so I am playing significantly less every day. Which is a good way to wean off my MPQ addiction !
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    I don't even earn any ISO on these things. I have to use all my earnings on boosts so I take as little as damage as possible so I can extend my run for as long as possible.
    Same. Problem is, like half the time I use all 3 boosts, I accidentally selected the default thor. Barely been able to treed water pointswise because that eats up all my health packs icon_e_sad.gif
  • IceIX wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:

Hooray!
  • Yay, made 1000. Got a C Storm I actually needed from the cover pack too.

And am already back to 876.

Glad to hear there's more coming soon IceIX. Maybe it'll take enough focus off the Hammerfest to let me get to 1200.

I suspect a lot of people (myself included) are going to suffer with inflated matchmaking rankings in the next tournament...
  • IceIX wrote:
    Soon to PVE, and soon to "more better" Lightning Rounds.[/quote]

Yes, the Gods have spoken!