Thor Weekly Tournament

Options

Comments

• From my experience, bracketed tournies are easy and very viable for f2pers to place high, this one included. Non-bracketed are really the ones you have to worry about.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

anybody thats spending 1500 gold per cover to max out spider-man and ragnarok are wallet warriors to me

Yeah... that'd have to be somewhere in the range of $100 US. That's considering you already have the first three from lucky pulls or tourney winnings. I'm sure there are people that have spent that much doing that, but I'd bet that more of the people winning tournaments from putting in a lot of time.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I disagree. The wallet warriors are the only ones with a high level spidey, and hes the only thing that can neutralize free players' massive thors. The free players just cannibalize themselves leaving the high level spideys and ragnaroks alone.

I don't know how long it will last, but I'm currently #1 in my bracket and have been most of the day. I have a 100 pt lead over #2, and they have a 100 pt lead over #3. I'm f2p, have no high level Spidey, and I've taken down numerous teams with Spidey in them (including a couple with maxed out blue skill).

Spidey isn't a defense, at least not with the AI. It's just too easy to make sure your Thor dodges any webs he does manage to get off and kill him.

There simply is no defense in this Tournament. Maybe a high level Rag -- I haven't seen one yet; maybe if someone dumps a bunch of HP into the Thunder pack and buffs one up who's actually in my matchmaking group. The people who already have one are way above my group.

If you want to wallet warrior this one, it's through buying heals to keep your heroes going after matches where the AI actually manages to get lucky.

Hey Zathrus stop attacking me =P

Actually go ahead, i'm just randomly attacking to gain ISO, i don't care about position right now lol

This back and forth between us, lets keep it going!

As for spidey, i just avoid him. I don't know how his AI works, but the thought of 5/5/3 spidey locking thor down with blues is too annoying to even try.
  • adamLmpq wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

anybody thats spending 1500 gold per cover to max out spider-man and ragnarok are wallet warriors to me

Yeah... that'd have to be somewhere in the range of $100 US. That's considering you already have the first three from lucky pulls or tourney winnings. I'm sure there are people that have spent that much doing that, but I'd bet that more of the people winning tournaments from putting in a lot of time.

There are quite a few level 115 ragnaroks running around. Spideys i'm seeing a lot of L80+
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I disagree. The wallet warriors are the only ones with a high level spidey, and hes the only thing that can neutralize free players' massive thors. The free players just cannibalize themselves leaving the high level spideys and ragnaroks alone.

I don't know how long it will last, but I'm currently #1 in my bracket and have been most of the day. I have a 100 pt lead over #2, and they have a 100 pt lead over #3. I'm f2p, have no high level Spidey, and I've taken down numerous teams with Spidey in them (including a couple with maxed out blue skill).

Spidey isn't a defense, at least not with the AI. It's just too easy to make sure your Thor dodges any webs he does manage to get off and kill him.

There simply is no defense in this Tournament. Maybe a high level Rag -- I haven't seen one yet; maybe if someone dumps a bunch of HP into the Thunder pack and buffs one up who's actually in my matchmaking group. The people who already have one are way above my group.

If you want to wallet warrior this one, it's through buying heals to keep your heroes going after matches where the AI actually manages to get lucky.

Actually go ahead, i'm just randomly attacking to gain ISO, i don't care about position right now lol

This back and forth between us, lets keep it going!

As for spidey, i just avoid him. I don't know how his AI works, but the thought of 5/5/3 spidey locking thor down with blues is too annoying to even try.

Spidey AI uses one web per turn. The number of web tiles on the board determine the duration of the stun (up to 5 webs). Any web counts (bag man or venom) Keep an eye on his blue AP.

Use venom and spiderman in your lineup to counter a high level spiderman.
    or
    Use a character that needs blue. Grab as much blue as you can.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

I was going to ask you to keep attacking me in the tournament! I gain somewhat more points than I lose each exchange. And your team is one of the hardest I've played, so it's actually fun!

I'm hoping to make it to one of the higher level rewards. Don't know where I'll end up in the final ranking, but given the rewards I don't care that much either.
  • the target is the 600 hero point. only if attainable. the rak reward is not good. why keep giving lo9ki cover if his abilty is so weak.even compared to yelena 1 star
  • the target is the 600 hero point. only if attainable. the rak reward is not good. why keep giving lo9ki cover if his abilty is so weak.even compared to yelena 1 star

Don't sell yourself short. My target is the 1200 for 500 hero points icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pretty much everyone I'm matched up with has a Leo 100 + rag! a level 85 + spidery and then either a lvl 85 storm or a lvl 85 Thor. Tough competition.
  • Lost 160 pts in 20 minutes. I need to stop playing in prime time and set my alarm for 4am EST. icon_razz.gif
  • Im not even in the tournament yet everyone is complaining about rag and spidey. I was the 3rd person to have a level 100 spidey. And suddenly a raise of wallet warriors appear with 100 plus spidey. I got to disagree with you. Wolph and me are pure iso farm to level up our characters. If you win the earlier tournament there are lots of spidey cover for rewards.
  • I haven't been having a very difficult time at all in this tournament playing all unmaxed characters (mid-70s Thor and C Storm and L40 Iron Man Mk 40). I've been handling Spideys and Rags of all levels (although I skipped the max Spidey/max Thor/max Ragnarok combo as just silly), pushing 1000 pts all afternoon, and nobody else in my bracket has topped 700. Maybe I'm just lucky in the bracket I landed in, but I'm not seeing the problems everyone else is.
  • If I'm unlucky my level 85 Thor can get owned by a level 42 lol. Anyone can win lol.
  • I was able to break 900 after day one. Not bad. Maybe that 1200 isn't out of reach.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

I've been cycling through all my characters. I've never had so many downed at one time. You're in my bracket, I am barely #1 at 928 as of right now.

It's too easy to use boosts to get off a 6-red Thor attack and kill of the first, use spidey to tie up the next two for two turns (# 1 and #2 on first turn, then # 3 on second turn). Hopefully get enough red or yellow to kill off the next one.

It would be more fun if AP boosts and heal packs were awarded for this tournament.
  • This is a good beginner level tournament, the Thor boost levels the playing field completely.

The prizes are rather **** as well and the first prize is a joke. Only 1 Wolverine X force cover? That's really going to be sooo useful icon_rolleyes.gif ..

First prize should have all 3 covers (well since this is rare - you can argue it should have 2 covers, but 1???)
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    (although I skipped the max Spidey/max Thor/max Ragnarok combo as just silly)

I ran into a guy with a max leveled thor, C. Storm, and grey suit. I was thoroughly impressed until I checked their stats and all their powers were still at the one cover level. Like thor's red still cost 10, his green 17 and such. I say that just to say beware of cheaters. This game is not hack proof. IceIX has mentioned that they've banned people before especially during the Unstable Iso event.
  • Acrosonic wrote:
    JohnduBois wrote:
    (although I skipped the max Spidey/max Thor/max Ragnarok combo as just silly)

I ran into a guy with a max leveled thor, C. Storm, and grey suit. I was thoroughly impressed until I checked their stats and all their powers were still at the one cover level. Like thor's red still cost 10, his green 17 and such. I say that just to say beware of cheaters. This game is not hack proof. IceIX has mentioned that they've banned people before especially during the Unstable Iso event.

There is a bug that won't let you see there correct covers usage until you check it in fight...

Btw, just broke the 1k reward in my bracket, have a 200 point lead now icon_e_smile.gif Was at 795 when I stopped yesterday, then got smashed to 495 until this morning, guess it was a good push now icon_razz.gif
  • Honestly, this is kind of a joke, but it does give active players a chance at winning the top prize.

Currently #1 at 1009 points and there are only 3 people who can keep up.
    Currently #2 is at 709 points and #3 at 663
    It goes down hill to 515 at #10, so i don't see much competition.

Running Thor, mk40, and black widow/storm classic
    Pretty simple, just use the boosts if you're not worried about leveling up as much.
    Having a 64 thor, 36 black widow, and a 28 mk40 makes it pretty easy to take down anyone except those with lvl 100+ covers, though still doable.

Would be nice if they would have made different rewards, but it's whatever.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    the target is the 600 hero point. only if attainable. the rak reward is not good. why keep giving lo9ki cover if his abilty is so weak.even compared to yelena 1 star

Don't sell yourself short. My target is the 1200 for 500 hero points icon_e_smile.gif
    that's not what i mean
    my target is the same as yours [600 HERO POINT not 600 rank point] 1 already break through 700 at first day..and try again 1200 d-1