'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Comments

• Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Tatercat wrote:
    I'm more miffed at the progression reward being Quake covers, though I want them.

First round, new character event gives Winter Soldier, then Civil War progression gives Winter Soldier.

So why not:

Second round, new character event gives Warmachine, then Civil War progression gives War machine?

Is Warmachine potentially too good for a mass prize? Was Winter Soldier cruddy enough to be a mass prize?

The first CW run didn't give Winter Soldier for progression. I wish it had, but my alliance cleared all rounds of Team Cap and never got one from that event, just the PVE before it.

Did it for round rewards? I may remember it totally wrong.

Alas, no. It would have been nice to do it that way for both runs, but FalCap was the 4* round progression rewards for Team Cap.
  • Tatercat wrote:
    Tatercat wrote:
    I'm more miffed at the progression reward being Quake covers, though I want them.

First round, new character event gives Winter Soldier, then Civil War progression gives Winter Soldier.

So why not:

Second round, new character event gives Warmachine, then Civil War progression gives War machine?

Is Warmachine potentially too good for a mass prize? Was Winter Soldier cruddy enough to be a mass prize?

The first CW run didn't give Winter Soldier for progression. I wish it had, but my alliance cleared all rounds of Team Cap and never got one from that event, just the PVE before it.

Did it for round rewards? I may remember it totally wrong.

Alas, no. It would have been nice to do it that way for both runs, but FalCap was the 4* round progression rewards for Team Cap.

That's right! I forgot, it was Falcap. Well, I guess all is well. Sorry!
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

This right here is exactly the type of ignorant, frankly spiteful changes that the devs make with no regard to the players. Eliminate a fun, powerful, well covers character for most players and replace with either **** ones or ones with few covers. Once again an unfair advantage for anyone who did Team IM in round one.

Another fine reason never to put money into this game. This bahvior should not be rewarded.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    alphabeta wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

Simple answer remove Mr F instead

This is frankly a pathetic answer from the devs - forget relative power for a sec - it's IM vs Cap with the best IM not boosted

Yeah, this. Who in their right mind is going to use Mr. Fantastic against a stun-immune boss? (Setting aside whether it would be sane to use Dr. Richards against a boss who can be stunned)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why was the event preview removed in game?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    "David wrote:

Wow, just wow!!!

Now I am outraged! So Fury and Reed are ok but IMHB it is not! This is complete ****. And Quake ? She was not part of the comics, and she was not part of the movie, but hey! she is part of MPQ Civil War!!!

Man, I dont know what else to say, Devs keep laughing in our face every single time.
  • thanos8587
    thanos8587 Posts: 653
    Polares wrote:
    "David wrote:

Wow, just wow!!!

Now I am outraged! So Fury and Reed are ok but IMHB it is not! This is complete tinykitty. And Quake ? She was not part of the comics, and she was not part of the movie, but hey! she is part of MPQ Civil War!!!

Man, I dont know what else to say, Devs keep laughing in our face every single time.

oh my brother, TESTIFY!!!

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • zymosan
    zymosan Posts: 1
    Glad I killed myself to champion HB since the last event... /s
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does make you wonder if they really do sit around the office concocting new ways to annoy the players. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why a version of Iron Man should not be boosted in an Iron Man event.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2016
    "David wrote:

lol wouldn't have been better to get rid of Mr. Fantastic than an actual IM character?
  • Thevipper
    Thevipper Posts: 90
    And the legendary token and last 4* cover was switched ok i might be ok with a 3/1/1 antman or 2/1/1 quake if we get that far but rather have a nice token that would give a random 4*... So no boosted hulkbuster cause what 2 or 3 maybe 4 alliances finshed both sides wow someone is icon_redface.gif

Well wonder who's going to buy the devs a nice rock...
  • fmftint
    Personal progression has been nerfed from 1.228 million to 790k, this causes me too believe they greatly cut points/victory
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Personal progression has been nerfed from 1.228 million to 790k, this causes me too believe they greatly cut points/victory

I thought it was interesting that there was no mention of any change that would prevent people from completing both sides again. I bet you're right and they just conveniently omitted that part.

This would also indicate that the boss will have lower levels than before right? Since the "points" per win are the bosses hp.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    "David wrote:

This is **** hilarious. I'm sorry you're the one who had to deliver this giant pile of manure.
  • fmftint
    udonomefoo wrote:

This would also indicate that the boss will have lower levels than before right? Since the "points" per win are the bosses hp.
    Not necessarily, I think it was Galactus had more health than points/victory, something like .8:1
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:

Not necessarily, I think it was Galactus had more health than points/victory, something like .8:1

That's dirty.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    re: HB "phased out"

Why can't they look at how the "participation" was for last event, and say "Gee, it seemed very imbalanced because 80% of the alliances went Team IM because they had HB's, and Team Cap didn't have an equivalent", and they didn't want a repeat of that?

I cruised through the IM node w/ my championed HB+champed 3* Cyc+Hood (and I imagine very one else who had them did the same thing).

So they want to force players use a different team (because they want it to be a challenge), for a 5* reward (!). Who can blame them?
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Polares wrote:
    "David wrote:

Wow, just wow!!!

Now I am outraged! So Fury and Reed are ok but IMHB it is not! This is complete tinykitty. And Quake ? She was not part of the comics, and she was not part of the movie, but hey! she is part of MPQ Civil War!!!

Does the quit and reload thing work with this event? Back during the dark days of impossible events (e.g. Galactus first run), if you were going to lose a boss battle you could force-close the application, start it back up and retry the same battle (lost some health, but node stayed open).

If that trick still works, and if the dev's kindness to us is as bad as prophesised, then I can see many people using it...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

I think this is actually to players benefit. This should make it easier to transition from one side to the other without hurting the individual.

I know personally I was short of the 1.228m when we finished Team IM in the first run, so I had to 'waste' points finishing that while we moved on to Cap.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the devs answered that question, here's another non-inflammatory question that hopefully they can answer as well: Why does team Iron Man only get 4 buffed 4*s, when team cap gets 5?