'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Options

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Why does it seem like so many are hating on the Quake rewards? People just can't tell a good character when they see one?
    No one's hating, it's just so random for CW

That makes sense. Prob that and if you were expecting to be able to finish a 10 cover IMHB and got 3 quake rewards that take her from 1 cover to 4, that's not so exciting.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whereas it is taking my Daisy from 10 to 13 covers, so I am delighted!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 wrote:
    Whereas it is taking my Daisy from 10 to 13 covers, so I am delighted!
    mine will end up with 12 and I'm very happy its her here. i'll only need either a green or blue for her, and then nova is the only other one I'd really like to finish that isn't currently covered. maybe pun too, but he only has 2 left too. can we get an event I can farm a mil iso out of ?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In an undocumented change, they've swapped the rewards for rounds 6 and 7. I guess too many alliances were beating round 6 but not round 7 in the first run.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    In an undocumented change, they've swapped the rewards for rounds 6 and 7. I guess too many alliances were beating round 6 but not round 7 in the first run.

Honestly, I never understood why they went 4* cover, 4* cover, LT, 4* cover in the first round.

As long as the fixed 4* covers have value (i.e. are for a character that is still undercovered, or a champ), this setup is superior.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:

Honestly, I never understood why they went 4* cover, 4* cover, LT, 4* cover in the first round.

As long as the fixed 4* covers have value (i.e. are for a character that is still undercovered, or a champ), this setup is superior.

Well, last time round Roaches were one of the alliances that finished round 6, but not round 7. We were much happier getting a token with a chance of a 5* than a single HB cover. We even actually got a few 5* out of it.

Though I agree with your point if you're in an alliance that gets past round 7.
  • Frostbyte2
    Frostbyte2 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm very disappointed with the vaults for this second run of Civil War. It seems like last time, every 3* was an actual member of Team IM or Team Cap, but now I have tons of Doc Oc and Loki covers among the ones that would actually be useful and have anything to do with the event.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    with the reduction in points to conplete round 7, alliances can try to complete round 7 on boths sides before the event ends. At least you can get six 4* covers and 2 CW tokens that give you a chance at Cap/Im 5*.

That's assuming you're willing to sacrifice the 5* at completion of round 8...
  • emaker27
    emaker27 Posts: 285 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

This explanation caused a lot of anger because I think it comes across as dismissive due to the brevity. And maybe some of the valid player points got lost in translation. WGLL (What Good Looks Like) is right next door with Hibernum. When they make a somewhat big change they provide insight into their decision making. There are people who still don't completely understand, but the majority get it. We like playing your game and care about it, but would also like greater understanding. We're not entitled to it, but it may foster some good will among your loyal fans.

Hibernum Post: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44515
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    emaker27 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

This explanation caused a lot of anger because I think it comes across as dismissive due to the brevity. And maybe some of the valid player points got lost in translation. WGLL (What Good Looks Like) is right next door with Hibernum. When they make a somewhat big change they provide insight into their decision making. There are people who still don't completely understand, but the majority get it. We like playing your game and care about it, but would also like greater understanding. We're not entitled to it, but it may foster some good will among your loyal fans.

Hibernum Post: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=44515
    Funny.
    The devs of MPQ used to be like that.
    They explained why they changed stuff, engaged in debate.

Then, right after the Thorverine nerf, they stopped that.

So I wouldn't count on Hibernum to continue that dialogue once their game is 15+ months old.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Her is a question to take back to the devs. Why do they feel in a special event like this critial boosts are a worthy prize!!! Over my last 2 clears I have gotten 6 sets of critical boosts. Do the devs know how many players are sitting on 30 critical boosts that never get used??? Seriously 20 ISO was better than this. please ask the devs why the feel this is a worthy prize and why so many!!
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Difficulty
      o The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.

The subs 2nd day are MUCH tamer, and I for one really appreciate that!
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The Hulk wasn't in the movie.... So why should Hulkbuster be powered up?!?!

My 2 cents!!
  • Insert25c
    Insert25c Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Any one else noticing Iron Boss ignoring Thor's CoS? And no one drone isn't taking his his share of the damage
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    The Hulk wasn't in the movie.... So why should Hulkbuster be powered up?!?!

My 2 cents!!

neither were Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake why should they be powered up, at least Hulkbuster is an iron man.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I pulled my 13th Professor X from a legendary today and I will win my 13th Ant-Man tomorrow. Good couple of days, Got my Lady Thor @ level 265 with her first champion level dying in the queue with 5 days left, should pull it off but I also have 3 Visions dying on the vine and mine is only at level 135.

Point being as it pertains to Civil War - thanks for the Ant-Man covers as prizes, why wasn't there more iso to be earned here and how many hundreds of critical boosts do you really think we need? Really?
  • Huatimus
    Huatimus Posts: 115
    Options
    Insert25c wrote:
    Any one else noticing Iron Boss ignoring Thor's CoS? And no one drone isn't taking his his share of the damage

Known bug with abilities that "jump in front" of other characters. You should probably target one of the drones as the primary target instead.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Difficulty
      o The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.

Here, here. This run was much easier for me. I missed top progression by quite a bit last run even though my alliance finished the Cap side and got to level 7 on the IM side. This run I am already at full progression on one side with all day tomorrow to make inroads on the other side.

Best part of the whole shebang was some awesome advice given to me by an alliance mate. Howard the Duck (1/1/3) allowed me to take down level 8 boss, took about 30 minutes each time but considering that our first run had me barely chipping away at the level 8 boss was thrilled with my results this time.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Difficulty

I may have been a bit early for this praise....I assumed scaling would go up every 24 hours (I thought that's how it worked before?) - it scaled all day yesterday. I'm not sure if it's based on total number of levels you have cleared? We're on 5 and 8, is it just adding them and saying we're on level 13?

Yesterday morning (4th refresh, 24 hours into it) when I wrote this the subs were something like level 150 (alliance on something like 2/7).

This morning (not yet 7th refresh, less than 48 hours into it) the subs are level 300's! Wave nodes significantly lower, thankfully.
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I woluld like to have some more info about percentages in Legendary Tokens - will 5* IM46 and CapAm be put there immediately after CW end?

Will latest legendary tokens and classic be 2,5% for 5* ?

Or there will be "doubled" classic legendary tokens pool wit 3,3%?

Time is running and I have some Cpoints stored but not so much ISO to champion 4*.