'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
edited May 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
MPQ'ers! The second run of the Civil War event is set to begin this week. Here are some details provided by Anthony at Demiurge to help you prepare for the upcoming melee:
    • The Civil War event starts at
12:00 PM EDT on Thursday, May 26th and will run for three and a half days.
• War Machine will be a featured hero for Team Iron Man. Featured missions with War Machine won't happen until the 3rd refresh of the Civil War event.
• The featured characters for each side for the second run of the Civil War Event:
    o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Hawkeye, Human Torch, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Storm, Team Cap (pick 3 Team Cap allies), Winter Soldier o Team Iron Man - Ares, Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain Marvel, Iron Man, Mr. Fantastic, Quake, Spider-Man, Team Iron Man (pick 3 Team Iron Man allies) , Vision, War Machine
Powered-Up characters for each side:
    o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Hawkeye (Modern), Steve Rogers (First Avenger), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier, Thing, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Human Torch (Classic) Iron Fist, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Storm (Classic), Steve Rogers (Captain America), Hawkeye (Classic), Storm (Modern) o Team Iron Man - War Machine, Vision, Black Widow (Original), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Black Panther, Spider-Man (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Captain Marvel (Modern), Ares, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35)
Rewards
    o Team Cap:
     Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) and Sam Wilson (Falcon) covers.  Round Awards - Ant-Man covers, Red power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger).
    o Team Iron Man:
     Player Awards - Black Widow (Original) and Vision covers.  Round Awards - Quake covers, a Yellow power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI).
Difficulty
    o The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.
Score Targets
    o Reduced personal progression score targets at every level. o Removed 700,000 Points from Round 7 score target and added 700,000 to Round 8 score target.
Change to Steve Rogers (Civil War)
    o
Earth's Mightiest Heroes now creates 2 tiles instead of 1.
o Shield Bash costs 7 instead of 9, deals more damage.
o Coordinated Offensive now costs 9 instead of 7, deals more damage.

Comments

• justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hooray! Thanks.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Antman and Quake as progression... kind of random, did you guys just pull them from a hat?
  • kevsmart
    kevsmart Posts: 10
    Options
    Because Cap needed a buff? /facepalm
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just want to make sure, will clearing the featured character node on any side open the boss node on both sides like the previous run ?
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Change to Steve Rogers (First Avenger)
      o

David could you explain what you mean by creating 2 tiles instead of 1? The description makes me think you're talking about Steve Rogers (Civil War), aka the boss version, but the power and character name refer to Steve Rogers (First Avenger). Are you saying now that the playable version's yellow creates 2 tiles per character, for a total of 10?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quake! Sweet!!

Thank you for listening to the complaints about the difficulty jump.
  • fmftint
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      o

David could you explain what you mean by creating 2 tiles instead of 1? The description makes me think you're talking about Steve Rogers (Civil War), aka the boss version, but the power and character name refer to Steve Rogers (First Avenger). Are you saying now that the playable version's yellow creates 2 tiles per character, for a total of 10?
    I'm assuming they want to stop Falcon from completely shutting down his defining ability
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:

Corrected to Steve Rogers (Civil War). Thanks. It should refer to the boss version. That was my error.
  • bigwhoop
    bigwhoop Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      o

I am pretty sure he meant the boss version. Now, cap boss will have 2 CD to potentially calls 2 allies rather than 1 in the first run. It makes sense since IM boss calls 2 of his armors at a time.
  • PiGeek314
    PiGeek314 Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Is there a reason the 4 star version of Iron Man was left off the powered up list? He is the only version of IM or Cap that is missing.
  • Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Skygazing wrote:

Corrected to Steve Rogers (Civil War). Thanks. It should refer to the boss version. That was my error.

That's what I figured. Thanks David!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wait, so Hulkbuster isn't boosted for Team Iron man? Why exactly?
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
      o

I'm pretty sure these are changes to the BOSS version of Cap. BUT this is an overreaction because in the last run Hulkbuster was boosted. I'm sure the dev's looked at the data and decided that Cap got beat at a higher % then they want. Unfortunately they gave us a DOUBLE WHAMMY by not boosting Hulkbuster AND making Cap more dangerous. While I still think our alliance will do Team Iron Man again, making Cap harder to beat to this level really wasn't necessary. Simply removing the boost to HB would have been enough. Getting that 5* IM cover is going to be a LOT harder this time around.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No hulkbuster and I belive there was rulk as well?
    But now there's 5 4* chars on cap side and 4 on im side so hopefully something missing...
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yeah I would like to know why in the hell Hulkbuster is not boosted? Aside from the issues with nodes scaling from easy to insane from round to round I thought the event went pretty well. Good rewards, nice variety of nodes, great boosted chars that fit the teams....
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Junk, yes. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Are the surrounding missions going to scale independently on each side or will their scaling continue to be linked? Kinda sucked having a Round 1-level (i.e.l Trivial) Boss Battle with either Cap or IM but having Round 8-level (i.e., Hard) surrounding nodes.
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I looked at these rewards and all I heard was the losing horn from The Price is Right.
  • fmftint
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Will points/victory remain the same?
    R7 42k/victory
    R8 61k/victory
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The right hand Buffed Cap due to Hulkbuster being boosted last time, then the left hand Nerfed the players by not boosting Hulkbuster this time... = Double Whammie!

Right hand, meet left hand, you guys should get along great if you know what the other is doing.

Boost hulkbuster so that the Buff to Cap actually can be met by the players.