'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Options

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not sure why the Team Cap rewards are so terrible when Punisher (MAX) is right there (even if he wasn't in the movie). Still, three icon_quake.png covers? Sure, looks like I'm Team Tony again.

(Also, there's no way Hulkbuster not being on the list is anything other than a typo, right? That would be very, very weird.)

(Also also, Cap's buffs look about right; he was significantly easier than Iron Man in the first go-round.)
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hint: Keep any alternate strategy discussion off of here until after the event has started.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why are team IM rewards so much better for both runs? My alliance assumed the rewards would stay the same and chose cap first (obviously a mistake now), and not only do we miss out on top tier 4*, Iron Man was harder than cap AND it gave Flaptain for 4*. Now, the same side gets Ant Man and the other Quake? I'd say IM gets the worst of the 3* matchup but both are warm garbage and OBW is the best 2*. I don't get the thinking behind this.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Buffing 5* cap (boss) makes sense as he was noticeably easier than IM46.

But removing imhb as well is a step too far.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    has david or another red confirmed no hb? maybe its just an oversight/mistake? hope so. otherwise that side's gonna be tough.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2016
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Antman and Quake as progression... kind of random, did you guys just pull them from a hat?
    **** is this nonsence???
    Giving year+ old cover in one side, and recent (2 months?) cover in second side? Why? Whats the purpose??
    Give Quake and Punisher, or Quake and Drax... or you want to actually force us to stay at Iron mans side?
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info! Looks like I'm team Tony again!
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    veny wrote:
    Give Quake and Punisher, or Quake and Drax... or you want to actually force us to stay at Iron mans side?

Wait, you WANT to be cornered into a Sophie's Choice situation?

This is an easy pick, which is great for me since I tend to have frequent bouts of analysis paralysis. icon_lol.gif
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    veny wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Antman and Quake as progression... kind of random, did you guys just pull them from a hat?
    **** is this nonsence???
    Giving year+ old cover in one side, and recent (2 months?) cover in second side? Why? Whats the purpose??
    not as simple of a choice for everyone.

I have one Quake cover (blue)

my antman is 2/3/1.

for my situation, I can argue equally for the rewards on either side. obviously antman is ahead of quake, but he's not quite at that usable level yet. those three antmans would put him over the hump though. or I could argue the three quake covers would be better. then both quake and antman would be just about equally (for me) not-quite-usable (but on their way).

but i'm not going to argue it, because I can use the rewards from either side. so i'm not going to be picky
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    o Removed 700,000 Points from Round 7 score target and added 700,000 to Round 8 score target.[/list]

So this means round 8 boss now has 8,700,000 health, at level 450. And thus FEWER alliances will be able to clear it.

Thanks. . . for nothing. icon_mad.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    o Removed 700,000 Points from Round 7 score target and added 700,000 to Round 8 score target.[/list]

So this means round 8 boss now has 8,700,000 health, at level 450. And thus FEWER alliances will be able to clear it.

9.7 million
  • puppychow
    Options
    Hint: Keep any alternate strategy discussion off of here until after the event has started.

Unfortunately, the game devs have made changes in the past to rewards, scaling, etc. even AFTER said event have started. You're much better off keeping discussions off these boards. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • puppychow
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

9.7 million

that's even worse. Doh! icon_cry.gif
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Probably so more can finish Round 7, and make the 5* reward tougher to get.
    veny wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    **** is this nonsence???

Team Cap gets 3* and 4* rewards for individual progression while Team IM get a 2* and 3* rewards for personal progression. Does that help even out for giving Team Cap an older 4* alliance reward, vs Team IM a newer 4* reward?
  • puppychow
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Skygazing wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Change to Steve Rogers (First Avenger)
      o
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes now creates 2 tiles instead of 1.
    o Shield Bash costs 7 instead of 9, deals more damage.
    o Coordinated Offensive now costs 9 instead of 7, deals more damage.

David could you explain what you mean by creating 2 tiles instead of 1? The description makes me think you're talking about Steve Rogers (Civil War), aka the boss version, but the power and character name refer to Steve Rogers (First Avenger). Are you saying now that the playable version's yellow creates 2 tiles per character, for a total of 10?
    I'm assuming they want to stop Falcon from completely shutting down his defining ability

Agreed. W/o this call up ability 5Cap becomes much easier to handle since there are many abilities that can remove blue and red tiles, and deny ap too.
  • PeterGibbons316
    PeterGibbons316 Posts: 1,063
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Man, people just love to find **** to complain about.

The total damage required to complete round 8 is the same. If you could finish 9 mil, another 700k won't make a difference, and this will make it EASIER for people to finish round 7.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    veny wrote:

Wait, you WANT to be cornered into a Sophie's Choice situation?

This is an easy pick, which is great for me since I tend to have frequent bouts of analysis paralysis. icon_lol.gif
    This is guild event, its not about personal choices. Easy pick, yes... for me too considering my antman is almost maxed. But whats the point of event, where you can choose side, but sides are not ballanced?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    4* Ant-Man makes perfect sense for the Tam Cap rewards. He's a major part of Team Cap in the film, just like Falcon was. In fact, this is the reward I predicted in some conversations on Line.

4* Quake for Team Iron Man is random, but I expected that. When it comes down to it, there really aren't many members of Team IM at the 4* tier. It's the only tier with no Peter Parker, IMHB was just given out last time, War Machine is too new by far, there's no Black Widow or Vision at the 4* tier... this one pretty much had to be a surprise.

The rotation to new colors for the 5* reward is highly appreciated.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    veny wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    **** is this nonsence???

Team Cap gets 3* and 4* rewards for individual progression while Team IM get a 2* and 3* rewards for personal progression. Does that help even out for giving Team Cap an older 4* alliance reward, vs Team IM a newer 4* reward?
    ??
    The individual progression awards are at the same level. The following is from David's OP, I added the stars.

• Rewards
    o Team Cap:
     Player Awards - Hawkeye (Modern) star.pngstar.png and Sam Wilson (Falcon) star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers.
     Round Awards - Ant-Man covers, Red power cover for Steve Rogers (First Avenger).
    o Team Iron Man:
     Player Awards - Black Widow (Original) star.pngstar.png and Vision star.pngstar.pngstar.png covers.
     Round Awards - Quake covers, a Yellow power cover for Iron Man (Mark XLVI).
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    puppychow wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]

Probably so more can finish Round 7, and make the 5* reward tougher to get.
    veny wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    **** is this nonsence???

I think you misread? It's Hawkeye/Falcon for cap OBW/Vision for IM. 4* are Any Man and Quake.