'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Seriously. That might be funniest/saddest things I've ever read here.

Give me 13 WM covers and 400k ISO and then he's almost close to being a fair swap but not quite.

How stupid do the devs think we are?

Don't answer that.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    "Don't worry everybody, I got this"
    latest?cb=20080407050935
    If Bosses could be stunned...

I still wouldn't use Mr F
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    David can developers check what was % usage of winter soldier in round 6-8 on cap side in first run?
    Why then take most useful 4* on Im side and replace it with something that won't be used at all? Team cap still have Thing buffed as in first run and he was thier best char then. Could you ask developers if its possible to actually change mr f (or even fury) back for hulkbuster?
  • Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Berserk Al wrote:
    I don't see surprises here. Both the boosted characters and the progression rewards were hinted to be different the second run, in posts from before the start of the first run.

Anyways, my alliance will proceed like the first run: Get all the 4* cover rewards from one side, switch to the other, and get as many 4* covers as we can. If we can get all the 4*s from both sides, we will vote which side we will focus on in the eight round. That will probably be based more on what side people are closer to personal progression rewards than the eight round reward.

Not true. When asked about having the same rewards for the second run the answer was probably but don't hold me to it by Anthony.

HaywireII wrote:
    Are Sam Wilson and Hulkbuster going to be prizes for both runs of the Civil War event? Or will it be two other 4 star characters?

The rewards for the second run have not been finalized yet. Probably, but don't hold me to it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ctenko
    Ctenko Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Powered-Up characters for each side:
      o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Hawkeye (Modern), Steve Rogers (First Avenger), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier, Thing, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Human Torch (Classic) Iron Fist, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Storm (Classic), Steve Rogers (Captain America), Hawkeye (Classic), Storm (Modern) o Team Iron Man - War Machine, Vision, Black Widow (Original), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Black Panther, Spider-Man (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Captain Marvel (Modern), Ares, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35)

I love how the devs finally balanced this out for round 2, but only in a way that took away the biggest hitter on Iron Man's side. Iron Man not boosted on Iron Man's side, but we still got Mr. Fantastic!

In the comics, Reed was an important part of Tony's team. Mind you so was Hank Pym. (Ant-Man.) And Black Panther was pretty sternly Anti Registration.

So I dunno.

Also where is the Fifth 4 star for Cap? I'm not seeing it. You know Punisher Max, Isn't boosted right?
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

Simple answer remove Mr F instead

This is frankly a pathetic answer from the devs - forget relative power for a sec - it's IM vs Cap with the best IM not boosted
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

Team Cap gets FIVE 4s. Falcon, Ant-Man, Punisher, Thing, and Winter Soldier

Team IM gets FOUR 4s. War Machine, Mr. Fantastic, Quake, and Nick Fury.

Seems like there is room for IMHB after all. Just tell us the truth, that IMHB made it too easy and you want to watch us struggle instead of letting us infer it.
  • Ctenko
    Options
    Also I am getting I was literally the Only person to think Tony was Easier than Steve huh? Bet I'll be right now.

Buffed Cap, and No Hulkbuster, also No solid tank. Quake, Fury, Mr.F, are not tanks. War Machine might count... But he's still a good 1400 health lower than HB, and who has a level 270 one of him anyway? So not only is the best option for most people against him gone, and he'll deal more damage, and comparatively he was the person who could just One Shot someone easily. You're dropping 8-10k in health when you go up against him.

Little confused as to why you decided everyone needed More Ant-Man's.
  • Ctenko
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    "David wrote:

Seems like there is room for IMHB after all. Just tell us the truth, that IMHB made it too easy and you want to watch us struggle instead of letting us infer it.

Punisher Max is not buffed. Though 3* Frank does give you a super fun method of finishing Tony Off, if you can get him to Forty%. Also dodges the Bots. Didn't do enough damage to be intercepted, later rounds.
  • mindsuckr
    mindsuckr Posts: 154
    Options
    Ctenko wrote:
    mindsuckr wrote:
    "David wrote:

Punisher Max is not buffed. Though 3* Frank does give you a super fun method of finishing Tony Off, if you can get him to Forty%. Also dodges the Bots. Didn't do enough damage to be intercepted, later rounds.

I stand corrected. I keep forgetting that 3* Punisher is a thing.
  • Ctenko
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    Ctenko wrote:

I stand corrected. I keep forgetting that 3* Punisher is a thing.

So do the devs. And Everyone else. With his useless Black Power.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mindsuckr wrote:
    "David wrote:

They tried that once and it didn't go over well. Pitchforks were immediately lifted the one time that IceX suggested that a boss should be winning most of the time.

While I'd love to see IMHB available, (not for me but for alliance mates who could use theirs) I'm happy that they at least communicated that it was intended.

Another case of the catch 22 the red names are in. If the devs make an unpopular decision and the reds don't post anything about it a large majority of the forum complains that they don't communicate. If the devs make an unpopular decision and the reds do communicate it to us a large majority of the forum excoriates them for the decision, even if they weren't the one who made the decision in the first place.

I imagine that the devs metrics showed that the Cap side was being beaten far more often than the IM side and made all the adjustments to counter that as well as to make it much more difficult to complete both sides which if I recall correctly they did not intend to be possible.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rosters good enough to have Thing champed are not worrying about difficulty anyways.

Also, it kinda makes sense lore wise because...
    Did anyone else think it was ridiculous in the movie that Cap is beating Iron Man by punching the metal suit with his bare hands? And winning?? If IM used the Hulk Buster suit, the movie would have been over 45 minutes sooner.

By the way, I'm going to be running Team IM again, so it's not like it doesn't affect me. I just remember everyone saying how hard Team Cap was, and I was thinking, "This is the easiest boss event we've had in the history of the game." It was literally IF and HB the entire way it was a regular PVP.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Give us back HulkBuster, Cap is a Hydra agent and deserves to get destroyed icon_lol.gif
  • cliffmancliff
    Options
    I'm more miffed at the progression reward being Quake covers, though I want them.

First round, new character event gives Winter Soldier, then Civil War progression gives Winter Soldier.

So why not:

Second round, new character event gives Warmachine, then Civil War progression gives War machine?

Is Warmachine potentially too good for a mass prize? Was Winter Soldier cruddy enough to be a mass prize?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm more miffed at the progression reward being Quake covers, though I want them.

First round, new character event gives Winter Soldier, then Civil War progression gives Winter Soldier.

So why not:

Second round, new character event gives Warmachine, then Civil War progression gives War machine?

Is Warmachine potentially too good for a mass prize? Was Winter Soldier cruddy enough to be a mass prize?

The first CW run didn't give Winter Soldier for progression. I wish it had, but my alliance cleared all rounds of Team Cap and never got one from that event, just the PVE before it.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Winter Soldier wasn't a reward on the first run...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So why not:

I don't think Civil War 1 progression gave away Winter Soldier... he was featured in the vault, but team progressions were Failcap and Hulkbuster. This time they are Ant-man and Quake.
  • cliffmancliff
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

So why not:

The first CW run didn't give Winter Soldier for progression. I wish it had, but my alliance cleared all rounds of Team Cap and never got one from that event, just the PVE before it.

Did it for round rewards? I may remember it totally wrong.
  • Ctenko
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:

So why not:

Did it for round rewards? I may remember it totally wrong.

Nope. Only winter soldier in Civil War, was One in the Cap Vault.