'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Options

Comments

• DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Since the devs answered that question, here's another non-inflammatory question that hopefully they can answer as well: Why does team Iron Man only get 4 buffed 4*s, when team cap gets 5?

As far as we can tell they mean 3* Pun. So it's even on that count.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fnedude wrote:
    re: HB "phased out"

Why can't they look at how the "participation" was for last event, and say "Gee, it seemed very imbalanced because 80% of the alliances went Team IM because they had HB's, and Team Cap didn't have an equivalent", and they didn't want a repeat of that?

I cruised through the IM node w/ my championed HB+champed 3* Cyc+Hood (and I imagine very one else who had them did the same thing).

So they want to force players use a different team (because they want it to be a challenge), for a 5* reward (!). Who can blame them?

Maybe that is true, but the problem is the compounded issues. They took out imhb, then buffed cap significantly, AND didn't add in any 4*s of remotely similar value to imhb (only war machine, who no one will have covered).
  • rbdragon
    rbdragon Posts: 479 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    To be honest, I didn't even use HB last time since I was using IM40 to boost....someone...I can't really remember who exactly...but I can see why it's an issue.

The buff list is definitely underwhelming....and taking HB out instead of any of the other 3 is kind of a weinerdog move.

I'm more concerned with the damage buffs to Cap - and the fact that they didn't say how much of a buff.....
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

Thank you David for relaying this message, and thanks to the developers for standing by their ethos that they want the players to develop and use a wide roster and not rely on a core team of 3 or 4 top tier characters as a crutch. I feel that by removing the best 4* from run 1 there will be a much more diverse set of strategies that will encompass and reward players who have dedicated resources into lower tier characters like Mr Fantastic and can have their time to shine.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

Why can't they look at how the "participation" was for last event, and say "Gee, it seemed very imbalanced because 80% of the alliances went Team IM because they had HB's, and Team Cap didn't have an equivalent", and they didn't want a repeat of that?

I cruised through the IM node w/ my championed HB+champed 3* Cyc+Hood (and I imagine very one else who had them did the same thing).

So they want to force players use a different team (because they want it to be a challenge), for a 5* reward (!). Who can blame them?

Maybe that is true, but the problem is the compounded issues. They took out imhb, then buffed cap significantly, AND didn't add in any 4*s of remotely similar value to imhb (only war machine, who no one will have covered).

We KNOW this is the real reason, the problem is that they said the reason was ANOTHER ONE.

Then they also buff Cap and the 4s left in the team are a 'joke' (one is new, Quake is super recent, most people doesnt have her covered, Reed is one of the worst 4s and the only one decent, but not specially good is Fury), so AGAIN they OVER-DO what we think they wanted to accomplish.
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Quake as a cover,what a joke.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    VASH1456 wrote:
    Quake as a cover,what a joke.
    I'm excited, Quake covers have been few and far between for me.
  • VASH1456
    VASH1456 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They take the best character (imhb) off the list cause they want people to use different strategies? A good portion of the 3* roster are useless and 4*'s aren't even good til you get 1st least 8 to 9 covers but it's hard when there's only a 0.01% (lol) that you'll pull one from a token.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    VASH1456 wrote:
    They take the best character (imhb) off the list cause they want people to use different strategies? A good portion of the 3* roster are useless and 4*'s aren't even good til you get 1st least 8 to 9 covers but it's hard when there's only a 0.01% (lol) that you'll pull one from a token.

Wait you can't use OML??? icon_eek.gif

Oh wait sorry I thought you meant they had locked your best players.

Wait you can't even use IMHB??? icon_eek.gif

Oh no wait a minute, he just isn't buffed. You can still use him but that 5670 damage for 9 AP absolutely needs a buff. I mean who would dare only give you a 5.5k move for 9 AP what terrible developers they are....

Oh P.S. I was beating Iron Man at round 7 with a 3* roster last time and he was the worse of the two bosses last time.

Now on a general note I find all this complaining about IMHB frustrating. If the boss scaled with your level then fine moan away but he doesn't.

So they've made it much harder for you to walk away with a guaranteed 5*, is this worse than not having a 5* in the rewards at all?

If that 5* wasn't on the rewards and it was just a legendary token would you all be so precious about not having IMHB?

Would you not rather have a wide roster of characters that are good and use strategy to take down bosses rather than one character who you need buffed?

If there are any complaints surely it should be how much the boss has been buffed by instead of having one character who everyone seems to build a team around buffed.

Look I know we can all complain and I'm sure I've been hypocritical on chastising these complaints with a prior post somewhere, but give the developers a break. They will make errors and they will disgruntle some but they've bought us two alliance events in month. Has that actually ever happened before?

If I'm a developer and alliance events get grief why should I bother re-running them? It's this constant abuse about new content and changes that leaves us cycling through the same old content because (if it ain't broke and I don't get more grief, don't fix it). Why don't we actually tell the developers what we do like that they are doing? (Heck I'm thinking a positive thread is required)

Right off my soapbox now. Sorry just had to say something.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    fnedude wrote:

We KNOW this is the real reason, the problem is that they said the reason was ANOTHER ONE.

Then they also buff Cap and the 4s left in the team are a 'joke' (one is new, Quake is super recent, most people doesnt have her covered, Reed is one of the worst 4s and the only one decent, but not specially good is Fury), so AGAIN they OVER-DO what we think they wanted to accomplish.

Yes - that's the thing. It would have been better if they told David "Yeah the removal of IMHB was intentional for balance purposes because our data showed he was overused in the first run and Cap was defeated at too high a percentage."

Frankly I could deal with transparency of bad news better than the milksop of "oh we just wanted to rotate the 4* buff's" when actually all they really did of consequence was remove IMHB and made the Team IM side much weaker to make things "more challenging".
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    VASH1456 wrote:

Wait you can't use OML??? icon_eek.gif

Oh wait sorry I thought you meant they had locked your best players.

Wait you can't even use IMHB??? icon_eek.gif

Oh no wait a minute, he just isn't buffed. You can still use him but that 5670 damage for 9 AP absolutely needs a buff. I mean who would dare only give you a 5.5k move for 9 AP what terrible developers they are....

Oh P.S. I was beating Iron Man at round 7 with a 3* roster last time and he was the worse of the two bosses last time.

Now on a general note I find all this complaining about IMHB frustrating. If the boss scaled with your level then fine moan away but he doesn't.

So they've made it much harder for you to walk away with a guaranteed 5*, is this worse than not having a 5* in the rewards at all?

If that 5* wasn't on the rewards and it was just a legendary token would you all be so precious about not having IMHB?

Would you not rather have a wide roster of characters that are good and use strategy to take down bosses rather than one character who you need buffed?

If there are any complaints surely it should be how much the boss has been buffed by instead of having one character who everyone seems to build a team around buffed.

Look I know we can all complain and I'm sure I've been hypocritical on chastising these complaints with a prior post somewhere, but give the developers a break. They will make errors and they will disgruntle some but they've bought us two alliance events in month. Has that actually ever happened before?

If I'm a developer and alliance events get grief why should I bother re-running them? It's this constant abuse about new content and changes that leaves us cycling through the same old content because (if it ain't broke and I don't get more grief, don't fix it). Why don't we actually tell the developers what we do like that they are doing? (Heck I'm thinking a positive thread is required)

Right off my soapbox now. Sorry just had to say something.

Look. I get your points. IMHB is good, and he isn't completely locked out. so it's cool we can still use him.

But why would they remove the boost from an Iron Man character, when he's obviously Team Iron Man?

you say it's to make it challenging, since IMHB made it less challenging since he's so good and was boosted on top of that. but they already countered that in part by buffing Boss Cap.

it's just nonsensical to not boost a Team Iron Man character especially when that particular character is IRON MAN!!! wasn't that a significant reason for creating affiliations for in-game characters? to boost particular characters for opposing sides during the CW event?

sorry, i'll get off MY soapbox now.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Snip

Look. I get your points. IMHB is good, and he isn't completely locked out. so it's cool we can still use him.

But why would they remove the boost from an Iron Man character, when he's obviously Team Iron Man?

you say it's to make it challenging, since IMHB made it less challenging since he's so good and was boosted on top of that. but they already countered that in part by buffing Boss Cap.

it's just nonsensical to not boost a Team Iron Man character especially when that particular character is IRON MAN!!! wasn't that a significant reason for creating affiliations for in-game characters? to boost particular characters for opposing sides during the CW event?

I agree that both things shouldn't have happened at the same time, also that Iron Man isn't boosted seems silly. They should have only changed the countdown tiles to work correctly and dropped IMHB as boosted (if he was prolifically used and smashing the boss too fast). Also let's not forget that Falcap is hardly on equal footing.

My gripe was mainly fueled by the level of animosity being shown for losing IMHB (because of how good he is). If IMHB was Totally non Awesome Chulk in a Iron Man guise we probably wouldn't even have had one comment about his lack of boost.

If what they said is true about only a certain amount of characters being able to be boosted maybe we could suggest dropping the 1* IM for 4* IMHB. There isn't a 1* Cap so that's also a thing icon_razz.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Snip

I agree that both things shouldn't have happened at the same time, also that Iron Man isn't boosted seems silly. They should have only changed the countdown tiles to work correctly and dropped IMHB as boosted (if he was prolifically used and smashing the boss too fast). Also let's not forget that Falcap is hardly on equal footing.

My gripe was mainly fueled by the level of animosity being shown for losing IMHB (because of how good he is). If IMHB was Totally non Awesome Chulk in a Iron Man guise we probably wouldn't even have had one comment about his lack of boost.

If what they said is true about only a certain amount of characters being able to be boosted maybe we could suggest dropping the 1* IM for 4* IMHB. There isn't a 1* Cap so that's also a thing icon_razz.gif

If there was a team hulk event and cho wasn't boosted... wait idea!

How about a planet hulk/ragnarok type event devs? 5* world breaker hulk as the reward! For release with the next thor film? C'mon you know it needs to happen!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]I got word back from the developers and the removal of Hulkbuster is intended. There is a limited number of characters buffed in each run and he was removed to make room for War Machine.

Thank you David for relaying this message, and thanks to the developers for standing by their ethos that they want the players to develop and use a wide roster and not rely on a core team of 3 or 4 top tier characters as a crutch. I feel that by removing the best 4* from run 1 there will be a much more diverse set of strategies that will encompass and reward players who have dedicated resources into lower tier characters like Mr Fantastic and can have their time to shine.

Buff levels alone don't make a bad character usable. Mr. F has his moments (few and far between, admittedly), but a fight against an unstunnable boss with big nukes, adds, and countdown tiles isn't one of them. There will be better unboosted options.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The outrage over Hulkbuster is hilarious. At some point during the event you'll be glad he's not boosted. I won't explain when or why but it'll help. Mark my words.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Omega Red wrote:
    The outrage over Hulkbuster is hilarious. At some point during the event you'll be glad he's not boosted. I won't explain when or why but it'll help. Mark my words.
    I'd trade higher nodes to have him for the boss fight. rd 8, the most important part of the boosting is the health pool. that match damage can only be taken so long, and I lost a jean from nearly full health from a cascade alone. I can find damage elsewhere but that healthpool will be missed.
  • Polares
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Snip

I prefer CapFalcon over Reed and Quake for a boss fight any day, do you realize that when buffed he does 15k+2k for every shield in the board for 23 AP. And that those shields will help the damage done by the match damage of Cap? In any other type of fight he is worthless but again a boss, an average of 35k for 23 AP is quite good, much much better what I will do with Reed or Quake.

And again, there are two problems one is that like always devs OVER-DO their changes. IMHB was too good? Fair enough, I don't understand why it should be hard for the players, but ok, change him for another decent 4, not for someone we have with one cover (Rhulk is also team IM, why not Reed for Rhulk and IMHB for war-m?). But then don't buff Cap too!!! Buff Cap or remove IMHB but not both!!! I wouldn't mind if they removed IMHB but Cap was still the same boss than before, but remove the heavy hitter of the team AND buff the enemy, that is not cool. Oh, and they remove IMHB to add a char we will have 1-3 covers, super usable!!! This is too much !!!

And the second problem is that they basically lied to us. Yeah it is true that there should be just four 4s, and they needed to remove one to add war-m, but the reason IMHB was the chosen one is because it was making things to easy for the players, it was not randomly chosen. This is why Cap was buffed too.

I guess it was too much to have an event that was a Celebration of the game and the Movie, where we could all play together, have fun and be able to win a 5 even when you are part of a casual alliance. Devs had to make things harder, it looks like have fun is not enough for them, we have to lose....
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why does it seem like so many are hating on the Quake rewards? People just can't tell a good character when they see one?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Why does it seem like so many are hating on the Quake rewards? People just can't tell a good character when they see one?
    No one's hating, it's just so random for CW
  • Polares
    Options
    udonomefoo wrote:

Mmm I think everybody loves these covers, this is why we are complaining so much about IMHB not being buffed AND Cap buff, because a lot of people want these covers.

They could have given winter-s and war-m covers? Yeah, of course, but Quake covers are probably better, if you run team IM of course.