Options

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Difficulty
    The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.

Except they didn't and they're still set on a broken as [censored] daily-rollover.
    I went straight from Lvl 50/60 -> lvl 160 on round 2 when the day rolled over.

No ramp-up. Nadda.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Difficulty
    The surrounding mission pins should have a more gradual ramp in difficulty in this run.

Except they didn't and they're still set on a broken as [censored] daily-rollover.
    I went straight from Lvl 50/60 -> lvl 160 on round 2 when the day rolled over.

No ramp-up. Nadda.

you must not be watching then cause mine went from 20 to 50 to 90 to around 120 to 190 and stayed at 190s

either cause iron man was pumped or something but i found war round 2 A LOT eaiser then the first one... first one i think i gave up around 450,000 pts i have score around 820,000 and could make a million if i wanted to (no reason since got all rewards) should have at least 900,000 before flipping sides
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Went to bed, alliance about halfway through round 6, node enemies around 190.

Woke up, alliance about halfway through round 6, node enemies around 275.

It still makes no sense for node difficulty to be tied to the refresh timer rather than the boss round. All that does is punish smaller and more casual alliances who can't score points as quickly.

The health pack charnel house started a little later this run than the last run, but it still happened arbitrarily rather than being based on how far we got. And, of course, if we were to switch to the other side, the nodes would still be scaled at 275 for a Level 100 boss. Because reasons.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    And now, at the next refresh, the survival nodes, which had been keeping a reasonable pace at around 60-70% of the levels of a single wave node, are up to 290, the same as the three-node levels.

This difficulty philosophy continues to baffle me.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did somebody turn up the damage Cap does too? Since this latest refresh, he's wiped me both times with me barely taking 10K health off him. Previously, I was beating him comfortably.

EDIT: 3rd try, wiped taking only 15K off him.

This is really fishy, its almost like D3 decided we were doing too well too quickly and have moved the goal posts to slow us down.

Can anyone else comment on whether the Cap fight has just got insanely more difficult?
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I may have been a bit early for this praise....I assumed scaling would go up every 24 hours (I thought that's how it worked before?) - it scaled all day yesterday. I'm not sure if it's based on total number of levels you have cleared? We're on 5 and 8, is it just adding them and saying we're on level 13?

Yesterday morning (4th refresh, 24 hours into it) when I wrote this the subs were something like level 150 (alliance on something like 2/7).

This morning (not yet 7th refresh, less than 48 hours into it) the subs are level 300's! Wave nodes significantly lower, thankfully.

This morning (7th refresh, 24.1 hours into it) the subs are now level 345's! I can barely beat them, did my first not full-refresh run and it took all ten healthpacks. As others mention - wave nodes also 345's. What?!?

Brutal scaling with 32 hours remaining!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Did somebody turn up the damage Cap does too? Since this latest refresh, he's wiped me both times with me barely taking 10K health off him. Previously, I was beating him comfortably.

This is really fishy, its almost like D3 decided we were doing too well too quickly and have moved the goal posts to slow us down.

Can anyone else comment on whether the Cap fight has just got insanely more difficult?

I noticed this, too. Something definitely changed with the boss fight between refreshes.

eta: My guess is that they boosted match damage. I wish I'd taken screenshots before!
  • Nick441234
    Options
    I swear, its like D3 set out to annoy people. I feel like I'm dating an ex playing this game!
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That's the downside of the "one size fits all" philosophy of Demiurge.

My alliance, and a lot others, have finished one side and are on round 5 or 6 on the other side.
    For us, it's fair that scaling is so high - finishing both sides SHOULD be hard.

For people struggling with one side though, scaling based purely on time is a kick in the balls, of course.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options

What round are you on? Round 8 Cap does stupid high match damage. 1 bad cascade can take out a character like nothing.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RoboDuck wrote:

What round are you on? Round 8 Cap does stupid high match damage. 1 bad cascade can take out a character like nothing.

Yes, he does. But it sure seems as though Round 8 Cap last night and Round 8 Cap this morning are not the same. He appears to be doing more damage today than yesterday.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Cap in round 8 does seem to do a lot more match damage, it's kind of crazy.

Overall, terrible idea to lower his freaking redtile.png which goes off almost constantly because he's getting free AP!
    2 fortified tiles? really? They're basically impossible to remove in 4 turns, at least you could have removed the fortification.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    We've been in Round 8 since yesterday evening, and I was still clearing Cap most times. When the refresh hit 3 hours ago, he wiped me 3 out of the 4 times with me taking a maximum 15K off him in the 3 times he killed my team. Its definitely changed.

I just dont get D3's thinking. They see us having fun, and see it as a bad thing.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Something definitely wonky with scaling. Suddenly I'm forced to fight a first wave of level 386 5*'s and 2* Hawkeye is my required?? Even if I had two champed 5*'s there's little chance I can even make it to the second wave. I don't understand this. I'm FORCED to use a 9k health 2* character (who sucks) to fight 30k+ health SS, BSS and Phx??
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 527 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boss Cap is way overpowered for this run. I have a solid roster & I wipe out 75% of the time. He should be returned to the specs from the 1st run of CW.
  • Nick441234
    Options
    Dont agree with that. Having run Team Cap in the first run after completing that coming over to Team Iron Man I found Cap far too easy, even with a 3* roster.

The adjustments they made were fine, up until the changes they've made in the last few hours.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Our alliance is in round 6 vs. cap and round 3 vs. ironman - and the subnodes ARE THE SAME FOR BOTH, at just under 200 for me (I have no in boosted chars greater than 157.) These levels jumped about 120 points overnight, even tho the rounds didn't change. It makes NO sense that the subnode difficulty is not tied to boss strength!! At this point, the subnodes are WAY harder than the boss, especially vs. ironman in round 3. What kind of screwy game design is that?!? Bosses are ALWAYS supposed to be harder! D3 has succeeded in stopping me from playing the rest of the event, because of the insane subnode difficulty. Sheesh.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dear D3,

games are meant to be enjoyed, yours isn't.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kaazz wrote:
    Our alliance is in round 6 vs. cap and round 3 vs. ironman - and the subnodes ARE THE SAME FOR BOTH, at just under 200 for me (I have no in boosted chars greater than 157.) These levels jumped about 120 points overnight, even tho the rounds didn't change. It makes NO sense that the subnode difficulty is not tied to boss strength!! At this point, the subnodes are WAY harder than the boss, especially vs. ironman in round 3. What kind of screwy game design is that?!? Bosses are ALWAYS supposed to be harder! D3 has succeeded in stopping me from playing the rest of the event, because of the insane subnode difficulty. Sheesh.

It's a race against time. That's why it's not tied to the boss strength.
  • We_are_Venom
    We_are_Venom Posts: 308 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We've been in Round 8 since yesterday evening, and I was still clearing Cap most times. When the refresh hit 3 hours ago, he wiped me 3 out of the 4 times with me taking a maximum 15K off him in the 3 times he killed my team. Its definitely changed.

I just dont get D3's thinking. They see us having fun, and see it as a bad thing.

His match damage in off colors has hit my 5* IM boosted to 361 I believe for as high as 1600. Not a 4 match either. Once I noticed it I checked to see if vision was summoned, but no.