'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Options

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They said "The scaling will be more gradual" and I groaned.
    I tried to stay optimistic because I thought it might be poor wording, but what I actually read was "It'll still scale that high, just not as quickly."

And lo was it so.

Again, it started out well. After 24 hours it went to the mid 100s. That was okay, a little higher than I'd have liked, but I was still able to beat them alright with some fun. But tonight everything is at least level 300 and the fun's gone. I'm glad my alliance managed to get an Ant Man and Quake cover out of this, makes it feel at least a little worth it. But tonight I'm plugging away at She Hulk, a Shield agent and a third I forget and near the end I'm beat to hell and I win.
    Oh except I forgot it was a survival node and the next turn I get stepped on. So that's it, I'm done for the night. All the fun has been completely drained from this event now.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I won't even touch the wave nodes. By tomorrow just stop playing completely.

Is this really the type of game D3 intends? Instead of being hooked, I just want it to be over.

I looked at my purchase history and feel embarrassed for ever supporting this product.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    They said "The scaling will be more gradual" and I groaned.
    I tried to stay optimistic because I thought it might be poor wording, but what I actually read was "It'll still scale that high, just not as quickly."

And lo was it so.

Again, it started out well. After 24 hours it went to the mid 100s. That was okay, a little higher than I'd have liked, but I was still able to beat them alright with some fun. But tonight everything is at least level 300 and the fun's gone. I'm glad my alliance managed to get an Ant Man and Quake cover out of this, makes it feel at least a little worth it. But tonight I'm plugging away at She Hulk, a Shield agent and a third I forget and near the end I'm beat to hell and I win.
    Oh except I forgot it was a survival node and the next turn I get stepped on. So that's it, I'm done for the night. All the fun has been completely drained from this event now.

Had pretty much same reaction and was starting to have hope that it wouldn't completely go off the rails. Not sure why I thought this would be different.

The floggings will continue until morale improves.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GOOD GOD, are you kidding me with these nodes? I'm trying to even figure out which node I'd have the best chance to survive on:

343 RHulk/Captain Marvel, forced to used 262 (after boost) Ant-Man
    350 x SS/Phoenix/Beast (best characters available: 354 thing then 292)
    350 WAVE, forced to use weak Winter Soldier.
    350 WAVE, forced to use weak Ares.
    345 DPXF/MMN/Falcon would be lovely, if I had a War Machine.
    352 Iceman, KK, 2* Storm. I guess my 2nd best character...a 345 Iron Man who has scaled way up...is hurting my MMR here?

I took a few nodes...and don't think I can successfully take a single remaining sub. It is Saturday night, the nodes will update (Scale?!?) three more times.

I mean, COME ON. The bosses are hard! I'm lucking into beating them sometimes! They always take one health pack if not more!

The Subs to open the bosses should -never- be even more difficult!

Edit:
    But tonight I'm plugging away at She Hulk, a Shield agent and a third I forget and near the end I'm beat to hell and I win.Oh except I forgot it was a survival node and the next turn I get stepped on. So that's it, I'm done for the night. All the fun has been completely drained from this event now.

The Third was PX. It rolled over into Sentry/Hulk/Colossus...you mean you didn't save enough damage to take down those three? I mean, they only have all the health when they are scaled to 300+. And you were forced in using the No-O Falcon.....yeah, I took this node on (and down) as one of the "easy" ones, I think they were 350's for me and I lucked into winning it "only" needing two health packs.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    The Third was PX. It rolled over into Sentry/Hulk/Colossus...you mean you didn't save enough damage to take down those three? I mean, they only have all the health when they are scaled to 300+. And you were forced in using the No-O Falcon.....yeah, I took this node on (and down) as one of the "easy" ones, I think they were 350's for me and I lucked into winning it "only" needing two health packs.

Might just have been unlucky, or using a bad combo. I figured Ant Man, Falcon and Scarlet Witch would purple attack tile my way to victory. It did not.
    It did give me a fairly simple run on the Red Hulk/Captain Marvel one though. Once I stopped using Pym Particles after downing the first guy and focussed on using Scarlet Witch's stun to focus on either Rulk or Cap.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:

Might just have been unlucky, or using a bad combo. I figured Ant Man, Falcon and Scarlet Witch would purple attack tile my way to victory. It did not.
    It did give me a fairly simple run on the Red Hulk/Captain Marvel one though. Once I stopped using Pym Particles after downing the first guy and focussed on using Scarlet Witch's stun to focus on either Rulk or Cap.

I'm totally joking here - it was a ridiculous node, "bad" 3*'s are really tough once they scale that high. I've forgotten a couple times this run that I'm playing waves and get annihilated when the 2nd team comes. The waves shouldn't be the same level (six enemies) as the nodes right next to them (three enemies).

You're right about needing a stunner - I'll try Switch. Thanks!
  • Jhaberwookie
    Options
    It's super fun wiping on the 2 wave nodes! Maybe when my health packs recharge I'll try again and if I get lucky I'll make it to cap and wipe on him.

Feels like this event was built for people with loaded 4* rosters. My 3* roster ain't cutting it.

My alliance is struggling. If we get through round 8 I'll be surprised.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Devs. You have failed. Despite the fact that you decided you don't want me and that you don't want me playing your game, and despite the fact that you have decided there is to be zero success for me and despite the fact that the last thing you want to ever see is me - your hated adversary (aka average player) - have fun, I went and did it anyway.

I won two Ant-Man covers in this event, my 12th and 13th.

You screwed up your calculations and I will make it in time to Champion Lady Thor before cover 14 dies on the vine. You got me on the three Visions though I think.

Got my 13th Professor X cover too.

I beat Iron Man one last damn time and got my final progression 790K token. You got 30 of my health packs and all my boosts but I did it, despite your giving Iron Man the most **** of lucky cascades and despite your sub nodes being so difficult that I can only come to the conclusion that you guys don't play this game.

My Civil War Legendary Token Featuring Steve Rogers that I won for my 790k points I earned with blood sweat tears and profanity gave me just that. A 5* Captain America blue.

In four more days I get one heck of a nice prize in the daily drop too which I'm not gonna name so you can't change it on me.

So I did it. You didn't get me this time! I had fun and succeeded despite you! You will likely do something so wrong and mean and awful someday in the future (because you seem hell bent on making the game slower, harder and less fun with every change) that I will eventually quit like so many others. But today is not that day! And you can't see it but I am totally doing the DX Crotch Chop in your general direction in celebration of my victory!

Your pal,
    snlf25 icon_twisted.gif

PS, Not Working As Intended! icon_lol.gif
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    And once again we, the players and supporters of this game, are supposed to lose.

The devs are garbage, the communication is garbage, this whole game is garbage.

I only complain because I used to love this game, and it would be so simple to make it fun again.

But, no, just garbage.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Winter Soldier wave node vs Beast, BW, Ares, Cap. Marvel, Quake and She-Hulk is possibly the hardest battle i've ever seen. I can't do it. Tried multiple teams and used like 15 health packs. I only have 2 red covers but c'mon....

My alliance already beat cap and we're halfway through R5 on IM to get Ant-Man blue.

Not sure how to rate this. The rewards are great and i have a really good alliance, but the difficulty is insane for some fights.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    jgomes32 wrote:
    Winter Soldier wave node vs Beast, BW, Ares, Cap. Marvel, Quake and She-Hulk is possibly the hardest battle i've ever seen. I can't do it. Tried multiple teams and used like 15 health packs. I only have 2 red covers but c'mon....

My alliance already beat cap and we're halfway through R5 on IM to get Ant-Man blue.

Not sure how to rate this. The rewards are great and i have a really good alliance, but the difficulty is insane for some fights.

I couldn't either. That fight was ****.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The wave nodes have reached a point where I cant beat them anymore. Thats just ridiculous.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    The waves shouldn't be the same level (six enemies) as the nodes right next to them (three enemies).

dev: "You're right. We'll fix that for the next run of the event."
    ::next run; wave nodes scale to 350, non-wave nodes scale to 500::
    dev: "Fixed!"

(You wish I was only being sarcastic...)
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My semi casual alliance is struggling on round 6. We are all firmly in 3* land and I'm having to face wave nodes of level 260+. Progress has halted as we can't beat the wave nodes so we thought we would switch sides, nope round 1 on the other side is just as bad. In what world does it make sense that round 1 enemies are just as hard as round 6?

Is it really that difficult to make an event that is enjoyable?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ugh, the side nodes still suck so much. I actually managed to beat the boss node one time without him taking a turn. There was some luck involved there, sure. But, them I go and wipe on a side node and probably still would have even with that lucky cascade I had in the boss. It makes no sense.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I know the nodes scale with each refresh but is it tied to how many total rounds you've beaten as well?

My alliance finished 6 on Iron Man and we've just finished 4 on Cap and I'm only fighting 230 people. Some of them are challenging and I've got to have the right team combinations but I'm getting through them but I do lose team players

It's time like this I'm really glad I've got nearly all the characters and tons levelled to a good standard in three star land.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The scaling will increase until morale improves.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Options
    Feels like this event was built for people with loaded 4* rosters. My 3* roster ain't cutting it.

While I'm not exactly deep into 4* land, I have Thor, Red Hulk, Hulkbuster and Xpool championed. I'm struggling.

So no, I don;t think a sizable 4* Roster would help *that* much.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it is obvious for everyone that devs have ruined the event with this stupid difficulty for the nodes. In my alliance we defeated all rounds for team IM and we are doing some work now for team Cap, but NOBODY is having fun, this looks like work, not a game.

Devs have soaked out all fun off this event. They deserve kudos, it is really hard to completely ruin a possibly fantastic event so much. A real pity.

I think there is nothing else to say.
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    snlf25 wrote:
    jgomes32 wrote:

I couldn't either. That fight was tinykitty.

Eventually did it with Falcon and Cap. Long fight and the team-ups made all the difference.