'Civil War' Run 2 Details

Options

Comments

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think you misread? It's Hawkeye/Falcon for cap OBW/Vision for IM. 4* are Any Man and Quake.
    You are right, I misread that, my bad. Then it is totally off balance, lol.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think people are misunderstanding the change in health from level 7 to 8. This makes it easier all around, in two specific ways. 1) Beating round 7 will be easier. 2) Beating all 8 rounds overall will be easier. Why will it be easier when total health to get through is the same for all 8 rounds combined? Because round 8 boss has more health (points), thus beating the lower health round 7 boss quicker lets you get more points sooner in round 8. So overall, this means more points available, which makes it easier.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant just beat out my post.

I'll add that if your alliance struggles at Round 8 difficulty, then you are looking at closer to an even trade-off (more time in Round 8 vs. more chances at incomplete face-offs).
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    I think people are misunderstanding the change in health from level 7 to 8. This makes it easier all around, in two specific ways. 1) Beating round 7 will be easier. 2) Beating all 8 rounds overall will be easier. Why will it be easier when total health to get through is the same for all 8 rounds combined? Because round 8 boss has more health (points), thus beating the lower health round 7 boss quicker lets you get more points sooner in round 8. So overall, this means more points available, which makes it easier.
    Very true, speeds it up for bigger rosters, slows it down for rosters that will struggle with boss at level 8. If you wipe to boss level 8 more often than boss level 7, then you are fighting a whole lot harder for those 700,000 points than you would if the boss was level 7.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If rosters are still getting killed by the pins in round 8 this time, it will make it just that much more difficult for average alliances to compete.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    You assume they haven't changed the points/victory in R7/8
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I get that Cap was a little bit easier than IM as boss but not buffing IMHB? That is a low blow, really low blow.

So now if I am not mistaken there are five 4s buffed in team Cap and just four 4s buffed in team IM. Why is that?!?!?! Team IM needs another 4 buffed! (Hopefully IHMB again)
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Don't forget that one of those buffed on Team Iron Man's side is War Machine, a character most of us will only have a handful of covers for at most.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If rosters are still getting killed by the pins in round 8 this time, it will make it just that much more difficult for average alliances to compete.

If you played both Cap and IM pins last time, you would notice that they had nothing to do with which round your alliance was on. The pins just got progressively harder every refresh. The pin difficulty is not tied to round number, but refresh number. So since you will get to round 8 earlier, you will have easier pins at the beginning of round 8 than last time.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Am I right to assume there will be no special legendary tokens this round (like last round - got a 5* iron man from that) ? Just 25 CP reward or not even that?
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    notamutant wrote:

If you played both Cap and IM pins last time, you would notice that they had nothing to do with which round your alliance was on. The pins just got progressively harder every refresh. The pin difficulty is not tied to round number, but refresh number. So since you will get to round 8 earlier, you will have easier pins at the beginning of round 8 than last time.

You are right, but I'm still not hopeful. I fear the pins will scale high enough by the start of round 8 that beating the boss will be a moot point for many.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kjempen wrote:
    Am I right to assume there will be no special legendary tokens this round (like last round - got a 5* iron man from that) ? Just 25 CP reward or not even that?
    I don't think it's safe to assume that. I expect the same progression of rewards, with the changes to specific covers as noted in Hi-Fi's post.
  • Mikey52971
    Mikey52971 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Is hulk buster boosted for civilization war?
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,225 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They need to makes these events run daily
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Please let that buff list be an error of ommission!!

tumblr_ndwyivUumy1smhg7ao1_400.gif
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Powered-Up characters for each side:
      o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Hawkeye (Modern), Steve Rogers (First Avenger), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier, Thing, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Human Torch (Classic) Iron Fist, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Storm (Classic), Steve Rogers (Captain America), Hawkeye (Classic), Storm (Modern) o Team Iron Man - War Machine, Vision, Black Widow (Original), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Black Panther, Spider-Man (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Captain Marvel (Modern), Ares, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35)

I love how the devs finally balanced this out for round 2, but only in a way that took away the biggest hitter on Iron Man's side. Iron Man not boosted on Iron Man's side, but we still got Mr. Fantastic!
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,225 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So this will run till Monday midnight est time (11pm sunday ct)

SO we will get a new Pve starting sunday or monday?
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No Fun Allowed edition

I wonder if the metrics will show players spending more during the first or second run? Buffing the boss, nerfing boosted character list and rewards isn't my idea of fun, but presumably if players spend more then the almighty metrics will be the gospel that Demiurge take to heart.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Why are you not sit rerunning the event as is?!??!

We chose Team Cap the first time but would totally have chosen Team IM if we knew re-run would change awards and boosted characters. Are you purposefully punishing people who chose to do Team IM during the second run by making it harder than the first run?

- We have team members who were looking forward to their first Hulkbuster covers. They don't get them now but instead a good but not as good character.
    - Boosting Cap means anyone who chose Team IM the first time got an advantage. Why mess with this?
    - As others have said, Hulkbuster needs to be boosted for the event.

Stop screwing with things that don't need to be messed with.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    or any ward if hulkbuster is buffed or not?