• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Skygazing wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]
    Change to Steve Rogers (First Avenger)
      o
    Earth's Mightiest Heroes now creates 2 tiles instead of 1.
    o Shield Bash costs 7 instead of 9, deals more damage.
    o Coordinated Offensive now costs 9 instead of 7, deals more damage.

David could you explain what you mean by creating 2 tiles instead of 1? The description makes me think you're talking about Steve Rogers (Civil War), aka the boss version, but the power and character name refer to Steve Rogers (First Avenger). Are you saying now that the playable version's yellow creates 2 tiles per character, for a total of 10?

I'm pretty sure these are changes to the BOSS version of Cap. BUT this is an overreaction because in the last run Hulkbuster was boosted. I'm sure the dev's looked at the data and decided that Cap got beat at a higher % then they want. Unfortunately they gave us a DOUBLE WHAMMY by not boosting Hulkbuster AND making Cap more dangerous. While I still think our alliance will do Team Iron Man again, making Cap harder to beat to this level really wasn't necessary. Simply removing the boost to HB would have been enough. Getting that 5* IM cover is going to be a LOT harder this time around.
    The overreaction isn't to Hulkbuster. I mean, maybe in round 8 HB really mattered, but Cap only needed the yellowflag.png buff to combat Falcon users from being able to beat him. That redflag.png buff is entirely unnecessary when you're pretty much guaranteeing him an ally to activate the redtile.png generating passive.
  • GameDemonKing
    Options
    It's a shame that the 3 star reward covers are not Cap and Iron Man because that would have been related to Civil War. As for why quake is in the 4 star cover rewards is that there's no 4 star spider man Peter Parker which you think that D3 should have created a 4 star spider man in his outfit from civil war.

I'm a little angry that the 5 star iron man cover should have been the blue cover since it would go in order from top to bottom which hopefully there will be a 3rd run so that we can complete his set
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm a little angry that the 5 star iron man cover should have been the blue cover since it would go in order from top to bottom which hopefully there will be a 3rd run so that we can complete his set

There will not be a third run with 5* rewards....
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is it 3* Punisher or 4*? Both are "The Punisher" in the game.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    During the first CW Run, my team chose Team Cap, with full intention of doing Team IM this time. I am disappointed that you've changed the rewards. Quake covers are ok, I suppose, but was looking forward to getting some IMHB covers.

Likewise, I'm disappointed that you're improving Cap, so my Boss Fights will be tougher. IM was quite difficult to beat towards the end, last time. ...And now if I understand posters, properly, IMHB is not boosted as he was last round. Again, why are you making Team IM so much harder this time?

This is unfair to those who didn't run him last time.

icon_e_sad.gif
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    Felonius wrote:
    During the first CW Run, my team chose Team Cap, with full intention of doing Team IM this time. I am disappointed that you've changed the rewards. Quake covers are ok, I suppose, but was looking forward to getting some IMHB covers.

Likewise, I'm disappointed that you're improving Cap, so my Boss Fights will be tougher. IM was quite difficult to beat towards the end, last time. ...And now if I understand posters, properly, IMHB is not boosted as he was last round. Again, why are you making Team IM so much harder this time?

icon_e_sad.gif
    same for me and my alliance. Quite disappointed.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    "David wrote:
    Moore"]• Powered-Up characters for each side:
      o Team Cap - Ant-Man, Sam Wilson (Falcon), Hawkeye (Modern), Steve Rogers (First Avenger), Sam Wilson (Captain America), Winter Soldier, Thing, The Punisher, Scarlet Witch, Human Torch (Classic) Iron Fist, Steve Rogers (Super Soldier), Storm (Classic), Steve Rogers (Captain America), Hawkeye (Classic), Storm (Modern) o Team Iron Man - War Machine, Vision, Black Widow (Original), Iron Man (Mark XLVI), Mr. Fantastic, Nick Fury, Quake, Black Widow (Grey Suit), Black Panther, Spider-Man (Classic), Iron Man (Model 40), Captain Marvel (Modern), Ares, Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel), Black Widow (Modern), Iron Man (Model 35)

I love how the devs finally balanced this out for round 2, but only in a way that took away the biggest hitter on Iron Man's side. Iron Man not boosted on Iron Man's side, but we still got Mr. Fantastic!

The list of buffed chars in team IM is outrageous! We have:

MR Fantastic: One of the worst 4s, probably the second worst
    Fury: Mid tier, quite meh
    War Machine: Most people will have 1-4 covers, so it doesn't matter if it is good or not
    Quake: She is the good 4 of the list, BUT she is still too new, most of us dont have her covered. Then you have also the problem that her only attack is AoE, so not very effective against a Boss

Again, this is OUTRAGEOUS !!!

Devs change this list ASAP. Give us back IMHB !!!!

PS: It makes so much sense ALL IMs are buffed except the 4 star...
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Controversial post time:

The Good:

1 - Steve Rogers actually calls out two allies if both countdown tiles go off putting him more level with Iron Man difficulty
    2 - Boosted characters are changed like any PVE (no relying on IMHB)
    3 - Rewards are changed like any PVE
    4 - Difficulty on nodes more gradual change
    5 - Round 7 points reduced by 700,000
    6 - Progression reward lowered at all tiers
    7 - Steve Rogers blue increased by 2 AP

The Bad

1 - Steve Rogers now has two allies instead of one icon_eek.gif
    2 - The four star covers for both sides aren't particularly exciting

The Ugly

1 - Steve Rogers shield bash does more damage
    2 - Steve Rogers shield bash costs two less
    3 - Steve Rogers will use shield bash
    4 - Steve Rogers blue does more damage

Whilst I appreciate that nobody really like difficulty to increase, I don't have a problem with actual issues being fixed such as the two allies. After starting with IM last time I did find it odd fighting a ridiculously easy Cap because he only had one ally out at a time.

My problem is that his other powers were boosted alongside bringing out two allies with active powers.

Also it's a shame to see such lame 4*s for both sides. Surely if you are going to pick a character people have hardly any covers for (Quake) for one side you would have just done Winter Soldier and War Machine who fit thematically on it would have made picking sides a Sophies choice icon_razz.gif

Last note, I do understand why Quake is IM reward those as she ties in with Shield right?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Controversial post time:

The Good:

Not true. Buffed 4s are almost the same, the only change is team IM now has war machine instead of IMHB. I think this is the only difference.

Team Cap has Thing and Antman that are decent/good and old enough, but team IM has probably one of the worst 4 selections EVER (as I said if Quake was older it would be a little bit better, but she is too recent)

PS: And of course I want to go team IM because I think rewards are much better...
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    If rosters are still getting killed by the pins in round 8 this time, it will make it just that much more difficult for average alliances to compete.

If you played both Cap and IM pins last time, you would notice that they had nothing to do with which round your alliance was on. The pins just got progressively harder every refresh. The pin difficulty is not tied to round number, but refresh number. So since you will get to round 8 earlier, you will have easier pins at the beginning of round 8 than last time.

Is this observed / confirmed?

What happens to an alliance that starts late, either solo player or new alliance. Wouldn't they be immediately scaled out in r1?
    Also for those alliances that progress at slower pace and are at say r3/4, wouldn't they be scaled out for playing slow?

Is the progressively harder reference due to the magic 1 day timer where they actually switched normal scaling on, which seemed to happen in previous events. Or was that also the result of shoddy time based scaling?
    Or is a combination of both?
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Controversial post time:

The Good:

1 - Steve Rogers actually calls out two allies if both countdown tiles go off putting him more level with Iron Man difficulty
    3 - Rewards are changed like any PVE
    4 - Difficulty on nodes more gradual change
    5 - Round 7 points reduced by 700,000
    6 - Progression reward lowered at all tiers
    7 - Steve Rogers blue increased by 2 AP

The Bad

1 - Steve Rogers now has two allies instead of one icon_eek.gif
    2 - The four star covers for both sides aren't particularly exciting

The Ugly

1 - Steve Rogers shield bash does more damage
    2 - Steve Rogers shield bash costs two less
    3 - Steve Rogers will use shield bash
    4 - Steve Rogers blue does more damage

Whilst I appreciate that nobody really like difficulty to increase, I don't have a problem with actual issues being fixed such as the two allies. After starting with IM last time I did find it odd fighting a ridiculously easy Cap because he only had one ally out at a time.

My problem is that his other powers were boosted alongside bringing out two allies with active powers.

Also it's a shame to see such lame 4*s for both sides. Surely if you are going to pick a character people have hardly any covers for (Quake) for one side you would have just done Winter Soldier and War Machine who fit thematically on it would have made picking sides a Sophies choice icon_razz.gif

Last note, I do understand why Quake is IM reward those as she ties in with Shield right?

The Ugly
    Penalising those alliances that chose to be on teamCAP in round 1 and switch to IM in round 2
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't see surprises here. Both the boosted characters and the progression rewards were hinted to be different the second run, in posts from before the start of the first run.

Anyways, my alliance will proceed like the first run: Get all the 4* cover rewards from one side, switch to the other, and get as many 4* covers as we can. If we can get all the 4*s from both sides, we will vote which side we will focus on in the eight round. That will probably be based more on what side people are closer to personal progression rewards than the eight round reward.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This kind of event has always had different rewards between runs. Anyone who expected four more IMHB (or 4* Cap Wilson) covers was always setting themselves up for disappointment.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 wrote:
    The overreaction isn't to Hulkbuster. I mean, maybe in round 8 HB really mattered, but Cap only needed the yellowflag.png buff to combat Falcon users from being able to beat him. That redflag.png buff is entirely unnecessary when you're pretty much guaranteeing him an ally to activate the redtile.png generating passive.
    They got a little Buff happy with Boss Cap... overkill?

overkill.jpg
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Folks shouldn't poo-poo Nick Fury's usefulness on team IM. After all, you only need to take down Cap to win the boss fights...
  • Azoth658
    Options
    Folks shouldn't poo-poo Nick Fury's usefulness on team IM. After all, you only need to take down Cap to win the boss fights...

I agree. I love demolition, it's one of my fave moves as the traps are spread all over the place.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Team Iron Man also has Iron Man 40 to accelerate Demolition...
  • Azoth658
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Team Iron Man also has Iron Man 40 to accelerate Demolition...

That is a beautiful, beautiful suggestion icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Have Cap's buffs been tested?
    Now creates 2 CDs to call for help
    Red ability cost reduced, damage increased

Cap's blue passive creates red ap when help is present

If he's going to make 2 CDs, they shouldn't be fortified
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Felonius wrote:

icon_e_sad.gif

Same situation here, this feels like those who choose Team Cap first run aren't getting the same offering or experience this time for Team Iron Man that others did in the first run, while those who did IM first are suffering no such ill effects. (Quake covers aren't the issue here, tho I badly needed those IMHB covers too)

Its a moot point for me now as my alliance has voted to do Team Cap again (reasoning being the boosted 4*'s stink without HB and they would rather have 2 covers of 5* cap then 1 cover of both Cap and IM.)

But if you're still tracking data for your proposed subscription model, its stuff like this that has convinced me not to sign up for it. Just a real bummer all around, if this wasn't just an oversight in the post.