Your latest fun team combination

1141142143144146

Comments

  • Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 157 Tile Toppler

    I ascended Nico and she seems like she’ll be great with Polaris. Who’s a good third for that team?

  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 964 Critical Contributor
    edited 18 January 2024, 14:23

    @Jinx
    The easy answer would be 4Grocket or Beta Ray Bill.
    Put a Low Level AI support on any of them (I usually put it on Grocket because he tanks the fewest colors), that way you don't lose the overall value of the boosted strikes/protects when matching them for Polaris' multiplication purposes. The value of the special tiles matched away is simply transferred to other surviving special tiles.

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,090 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 18 January 2024, 16:30

    @Jinx said:
    I ascended Nico and she seems like she’ll be great with Polaris. Who’s a good third for that team?

    ascended Juggernaut or Dr. Thor

  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,458 Chairperson of the Boards

    @ThaRoadWarrior said:

    @Jinx said:
    I ascended Nico and she seems like she’ll be great with Polaris. Who’s a good third for that team?

    ascended Juggernaut or Dr. Thor

    Be advised, if you use ascended Juggernaut, I'm'a snipe ya! :)

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,090 Chairperson of the Boards

    Feel free, I’m in simulator for wins and that team delivers pretty handily unless you catch a bad cascade from one of the armies of Jane/Polaris out there in my MMR

  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 533 Critical Contributor

    @Tiger_Wong said:
    New Duo Alert!

    Ascended Prowler 5/3/5
    Ascended 5* Yelena Belova 3/5/5

    Ever have the incredibly rare moment where a critical tile was fortified and you got a double crit match?

    Well how would you like to do it for the low-low cost of 6 AP?

    And….. you overwrite an enemy special tile too? Oh yeah. This duo also can stun (prowler) and can do big damage with almost any blue match (Yelena’s blue traps form on every turn), make IMMENSE strike tiles (prowler) even steal AP (Yelena) This is a very strong, cheap, and versatile duo.

    I’ve been messing around with a synergistic 3rd. I like Ascended Magik (originally 3*) a lot. She puts more black tiles on the field to fuel Prowler and Yelena’s cheap and strong black powers. I’m gonna be doing a bit of labbing to see who else fits well with this duo.

    Nice.

    Someone who creates some harmless enemy tiles so you can guarantee crit tile procs for every 1Yelena5 cast of her black power. That was the only dismaying part I discovered: not enemy tiles, cannot cast 6AP black.

    Awesome duo btw

  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,003 Chairperson of the Boards

    That’s what’s so great about prowler. He starts the match off with not just enemy strikes.

    They’re fortified.

    And if you match them, he makes another enemy strike and fortifies it on your next turn.

  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 533 Critical Contributor

    @Tiger_Wong said:
    That’s what’s so great about prowler. He starts the match off with not just enemy strikes.

    They’re fortified.

    And if you match them, he makes another enemy strike and fortifies it on your next turn.

    Haha, oh yeah! Solid

  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 959 Critical Contributor

    @Glockoma said:

    @Tiger_Wong said:
    New Duo Alert!

    Ascended Prowler 5/3/5
    Ascended 5* Yelena Belova 3/5/5

    Ever have the incredibly rare moment where a critical tile was fortified and you got a double crit match?

    Well how would you like to do it for the low-low cost of 6 AP?

    And….. you overwrite an enemy special tile too? Oh yeah. This duo also can stun (prowler) and can do big damage with almost any blue match (Yelena’s blue traps form on every turn), make IMMENSE strike tiles (prowler) even steal AP (Yelena) This is a very strong, cheap, and versatile duo.

    I’ve been messing around with a synergistic 3rd. I like Ascended Magik (originally 3*) a lot. She puts more black tiles on the field to fuel Prowler and Yelena’s cheap and strong black powers. I’m gonna be doing a bit of labbing to see who else fits well with this duo.

    Nice.

    Someone who creates some harmless enemy tiles so you can guarantee crit tile procs for every 1Yelena5 cast of her black power. That was the only dismaying part I discovered: not enemy tiles, cannot cast 6AP black.

    Awesome duo btw

    4 star carnage could work. He'll create enemy attack tiles each turn and friendly ones that will be boosted by prowlers strike tiles

  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,090 Chairperson of the Boards

    How about Eddie Brock Venom? That way doing damage creates more enemy specials

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,648 Chairperson of the Boards

    5* Moon Knight, after his rework, is "reverse BP." In the BP/Thanos team, Court Death stuns BP, and when he comes back he hits the enemy for some big number.

    With Moon Knight, Court Death fires, but Moon Knight can't be stunned. Instead he hits the enemy for some big number. It actually works better than BP because you get to keep Moon Knight for that extra turn. I think the damage might be bigger (at relative levels) too.

  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,647 Chairperson of the Boards

    @entrailbucket said:
    5* Moon Knight, after his rework, is "reverse BP." In the BP/Thanos team, Court Death stuns BP, and when he comes back he hits the enemy for some big number.

    With Moon Knight, Court Death fires, but Moon Knight can't be stunned. Instead he hits the enemy for some big number. It actually works better than BP because you get to keep Moon Knight for that extra turn. I think the damage might be bigger (at relative levels) too.

    That may be a bug. His ability specifically states when an enemy tries to stun him he does damage.

  • entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,648 Chairperson of the Boards

    @tiomono said:

    @entrailbucket said:
    5* Moon Knight, after his rework, is "reverse BP." In the BP/Thanos team, Court Death stuns BP, and when he comes back he hits the enemy for some big number.

    With Moon Knight, Court Death fires, but Moon Knight can't be stunned. Instead he hits the enemy for some big number. It actually works better than BP because you get to keep Moon Knight for that extra turn. I think the damage might be bigger (at relative levels) too.

    That may be a bug. His ability specifically states when an enemy tries to stun him he does damage.

    Who knows! I'd be pretty disappointed if they just decided to make BP useless though. He was close to useless before, this just obsoletes the only thing he had going for him. He needs a redo more than almost anybody else!

  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,147 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 January 2024, 12:22

    @tiomono said:

    @entrailbucket said:
    5* Moon Knight, after his rework, is "reverse BP." In the BP/Thanos team, Court Death stuns BP, and when he comes back he hits the enemy for some big number.

    With Moon Knight, Court Death fires, but Moon Knight can't be stunned. Instead he hits the enemy for some big number. It actually works better than BP because you get to keep Moon Knight for that extra turn. I think the damage might be bigger (at relative levels) too.

    That may be a bug. His ability specifically states when an enemy tries to stun him he does damage.

    I’m pretty sure the Thanos in game is no one’s ally. Hence your enemy.

    It makes sense!

    Someone try MK with 4pun and see what happens, though.

    Edit: tried it! Pun did not stun MK with green; I am pretty sure MK hit someone, but 4pun does team dmg and there was a downed enemy already. So I can’t be sure.

    Also I would not be surprised if they didn’t test this with the rare characters that stun their allies.

  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

    @entrailbucket said:
    5* Moon Knight, after his rework, is "reverse BP." In the BP/Thanos team, Court Death stuns BP, and when he comes back he hits the enemy for some big number.

    With Moon Knight, Court Death fires, but Moon Knight can't be stunned. Instead he hits the enemy for some big number. It actually works better than BP because you get to keep Moon Knight for that extra turn. I think the damage might be bigger (at relative levels) too.

    I tried this. It would be good if moon knight also triggered court death again if his damage from not being stunned downed another enemy.

    The way I used BP, is to court death to finish a wave and BP to come in a the second to either one shot or leave enough HP to kill in single match damage.

  • dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,351 Chairperson of the Boards

    Haven’t given details about interesting teams here in a while. I’ve a got a few in my pocket that I’m not sharing yet, but I did mention one in passing in another thread.

    This team is a wrecking ball.

    Ascended 4* Juggs 553 / Ultron 535 / Wong 553.

    Juggs gets the Implanted Bomb. Rank 3.
    Up to 120% bonus match damage on top of his 225%. Also matches in his strongest colors get 1 extra ap each turn (red).

    Ultron gets Low Level AI obviously. The strike spreading is great for this team, but the rank 3 is the butter. If you are matching a strike add another 100% to Juggs matches.

    Wong gets Kamar Taj boosting the strikes and letting Wong fire his yellow early. All of his starting bonuses work for this team as well.

    Ideally you want to match red to fire Ultron red or if you don’t have strikes match yellow and fire Wongs yellow early.

    Then just keep Juggs in front and watch match 3’s get ridiculous.