Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 20 May 2024, 03:20

@Jinx said:
    Thanks for the tips. I’ve been running her with Polaris and Nico, but kind of wanted to free them up for other teams. Have NC in 4* land, but he’s a good fit. Maybe use Kitty or Nico as a third.

Some stuff I thought of but haven't tried (so attempt at your own risk!):

Hunter's (or anybody's, I guess) team match damage boost would be extremely strong with x-23 red.

Daken (2* or 3*) creates strike tiles for making green matches, which are both things that x-23 likes.

Half-health Thor would feed her a ton of red, green, and yellow (and generate cascades, at the potential cost of blowing up your CD, I guess)

Maria Hill has no color overlap with x-23, and her cheap black power is one of the strongest strike tile powers in the game (the downside on this one won't matter because everybody will be dead)

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,570 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

Hunter's (or anybody's, I guess) team match damage boost would be extremely strong with x-23 red.

Daken (2* or 3*) creates strike tiles for making green matches, which are both things that x-23 likes.

Half-health Thor would feed her a ton of red, green, and yellow (and generate cascades, at the potential cost of blowing up your CD, I guess)

Maria Hill has no color overlap with x-23, and her cheap black power is one of the strongest strike tile powers in the game (the downside on this one won't matter because everybody will be dead)

I put X-23 with 3May and Deathlok. When X-23 is boosted she makes short work of everything.
    Unboosted its also quite good.

I don't think strikes tiles are the way to go with her since she already hits so hard. Hunter would be nice to get her into the 40-50k match 3 area though.
    As a pure damage stick x-23 is pretty awesome. She doesn't need special stuff on the board so it's pretty hard to shut her down.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards

Apocalypse 3/5/5 (Krakoa support lvl 4)
    Mr.Sinister 5/3/5
    Ascended Bishop 5/5/3 (Vibranium Ore lvl 4 support)

Revamped Sinister has got some dirt. He can mitigate damage, steal AP, and his blue is a really good nuke. And now that his traps do damage “once they leave the field”, there’s no getting away from the traps. If an attack tile or CD or charged tile overwrite the trap tile, you still do the damage.

Sinister+ Apoc was always a good duo but now they’re strengthened further by AS+Bushop. When in front he makes a shield and once 4 of them are on the field bishop convert 6 tiles into blue, causing cascades and feeling Sinister’s blue. Apoc’s yellow also boosts trap damage and puts more shields out for bishop to put out more blue tiles.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

Finally got 3AM ascended to 4. This goes into the "no, duh" category but running her in Sim with MT and SC just tears through everything. The big downside is that her HP is still only around 23,000. So super susceptible to AOE like OR or IH. Also, she can be taken out easily by a Chasm team who targets her first. But, for pure joy of being able to match 4 for like, 50000 points, and quick matches, it is quite fun.

• entrailbucket

@dianetics said:

@entrailbucket said:

I put X-23 with 3May and Deathlok. When X-23 is boosted she makes short work of everything.

I don't think strikes tiles are the way to go with her since she already hits so hard. Hunter would be nice to get her into the 40-50k match 3 area though.
    As a pure damage stick x-23 is pretty awesome. She doesn't need special stuff on the board so it's pretty hard to shut her down.

She likes strike tiles so much because of the way her red interacts with them. I think her damage formula is doubling strike tiles first (or +90%, close enough!) then adding 110% to that, and all her matches hit twice. So you're getting a huge multiplier on everything she does if you've got strikes out.

Now that said...something like Maria Hill might be overkill -- x-23 hits super hard as it is, what fights exist where you need to do 100,000+ damage every time you move the board? But this thread is for fun stuff!

• dianetics

@entrailbucket said:

@dianetics said:

@entrailbucket said:

She likes strike tiles so much because of the way her red interacts with them. I think her damage formula is doubling strike tiles first (or +90%, close enough!) then adding 110% to that, and all her matches hit twice. So you're getting a huge multiplier on everything she does if you've got strikes out.

Now that said...something like Maria Hill might be overkill -- x-23 hits super hard as it is, what fights exist where you need to do 100,000+ damage every time you move the board? But this thread is for fun stuff!

That’s wild I’ve never used her a match damage hero. I used her match as finishers and tried to boost her powers.

AFAIK she is the only one we use that benefits from both match a power boosting, and she’s really good at both.

I just know I get her green hitting ridiculous over 180k. I have not seen the absolute hit when she is boosted.

I just know she is the best power based damage stick in the game right now. And, she doesn’t need anything on the board to do it.
    If you are not careful she can wipe your team in 3 turns.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited 20 May 2024, 16:24

X23, HalfThor, 5GooseCat can be fun, but when buffed everyone does die a little too fast.

Cat will only tank 2 colors, let it get get once or twice and fill the board with strong strikes. HalfThor of course immediately gives enough AP for X abilities, just don't fire her yella if you still need Thor to be at half health.

She of course also pairs very well with Beta Ray so she can heal and feed her green, but it's slower.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@WhiteBomber said:
    X23, HalfThor, 5Cat can be fun, but when buffed everyone does die a little too fast.

Cat will only tank 2 colors, let it get get once or twice and fill the board with strong strikes. HalfThor of course immediately gives enough AP for X abilities, just don't fire her yella if you still need Thor to be at half health.

She of course also pairs very well with Beta Ray so she can heal and feed her green, but it's slower.

Who’s cat?

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited 20 May 2024, 16:39

Is Goose the only cat? I agree though, there should definitely be a 5* Moose!

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,152 Chairperson of the Boards

@WhiteBomber said:
    Is Goose the only cat? I agree though, there should definitely be a 5* Moose!

To partner with 5* Squirrel, of course.

"Hey, Rocky! Watch the AI pull a mega-cascade out of a hat!"
    "Again?!?"

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Boosted ascended Nico, boosted Hela, and 4* doom are fun this week. Downing somebody with specials out, then downing the doombot lets Hela’s passive double dip, so a standard fight becomes a wave node.

Looked at Hela's kit as I haven't even thought about her in a long time and it's not terrible. Black and red need AP cost lowered and threshold for the green passive lowered, green active cost is probably fine. Maybe some boost in the numbers for powers and then obviously health and match damage increases and she'd probably be good.

• dianetics

Its not terrible, its just really bad.
    Her kit is DOA in the current game, and even when she was released she wasn't good.

She needs a minor redesign, but her design around strikes.

• Pantera236

Yeah and maybe combine Carol's red with hers. Immediately puts 4 strikes out and a fortified 1 turn repeater that puts out more, always prioritizing replacing enemy sap tiles. It should be easy for the MCU Hela to fill the board with strikes.

• Pantera236

Ohhh and a Asgard support that could go on any Asgardian but have a bonus perk for her that she uses her red at battle start but after enemy team does their start of battle stuff, looking at you BRB and R&G. And since the supports have gotten pretty convoluted it could have special perks for all the Asgardians. Automatically make half Thor half health. Loki fires his shadow play. Heimdall could fire blue or yellow. Odin could... well Odin doesn't really do anything lol.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

Odin needs to have Gwenom’s 0 match damage passive so he always dips to the back when you have enough fortifications out. Maybe not 0 match damage, but go invisible or some other status that puts him in the back so that his jump in front actually works. Anyway Nico is really doing all the work on that Hela team since she is adding 2250 or so to every special, every turn, and Hela is only adding 978 each or so. It would be good if one of those characters could get some specials out quicker as well. But the doom/Hela gimmick I remain proud of lol.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited 31 May 2024, 12:15

This may work better than the original Charlie's Angels:

Ascended 4 Prof X w Black Widow's Batons to make purple strongest
    3 Black Widow with Quantum Realm to generate purple at start
    1 Star Storm Ascended to 5 star with Atlantis to generate green at start

Sometimes I go winfinite on turn one even with Black Widow at only level 300. Storm's green and yellow along with black widow's red give great board manipulation.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 31 May 2024, 15:48

@captainheath said:
    This may work better than the original Charlie's Angels:

Ascended 4 Prof X w Black Widow's Batons to make purple strongest
    3 Black Widow with Quantum Realm to generate purple at start
    1 Star Storm Ascended to 5 star with Atlantis to generate green at start

Sometimes I go winfinite on turn one even with Black Widow at only level 300. Storm's green and yellow along with black widow's red give great board manipulation.

Sersi/Ascended 4* Nightcrawler/Ascended 4* professor x is another variant on this. Basically remove some non-purple, non-green with Sersi, then chase any color you want prioritizing purple and green. Alternatively replace Sersi with Domino, ascended or otherwise, and just go after black after you get enough purple to bamf.

• entrailbucket

@IrisRyu That sounds awesome! I was talking about Blob's crazy passive the other day, but I didn't even think about Madrox's secret SAP power with him!