Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,570 Chairperson of the Boards

Abigail’s real problem is her healing is capped. Crystal isn’t capped so Crystal can keep your team at full health and Abi can’t.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    Abigail’s real problem is her healing is capped. Crystal isn’t capped so Crystal can keep your team at full health and Abi can’t.

It's bigger than that though! Even if she true healed twice as much and destroyed 5x as much enemy AP, she doesn't do anything to help you win!

At best she's only helping you to not lose (which could be valuable, I guess, if there were any extremely difficult fights, but there really aren't any). She needs some kind of offense, or a way to support other characters' offense.

• dianetics
    edited 29 June 2024, 19:34

@entrailbucket said:

@dianetics said:

It's bigger than that though! Even if she true healed twice as much and destroyed 5x as much enemy AP, she doesn't do anything to help you win!

At best she's only helping you to not lose (which could be valuable, I guess, if there were any extremely difficult fights, but there really aren't any). She needs some kind of offense, or a way to support other characters' offense.

100% she is F tier, when she released we all knew what was wrong AND right after Crystal came out and basically killed any chance Abi had of being used.

Her kit needs a complete rework and not just a numbers push, because honestly she might be the worst 5 in the game.
    Many will argue others, but honestly who wants to be the peanut in a **** salad?

• vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler

My IronMay is nowhere close to being ascended, but using her with boosted Phylla and Sinister in PVE has been quite nice. Phylla's hp is up to 392k and match damage has been 23-30k per turn. Been pretty fast and a nice alternative to using ascended Polaris/Juggs/R&G all the time

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@rainkingucd said:
    Brand, Darkveil, Coulson

I put this team out for Brand's PVP event right now. It's not very strong, and all 3 are Blue purple yellow, so 3 colours are missing.

It is super annoying and slow to fight though. Constant countdowns, AP gain, sending enemies away, and healing.

The problem with Abigail is that she does a bunch of stuff when CDs and repeaters go off, but it's just about the worst possible stuff -- I think it's a small fake heal and a small enemy AP drain.

She looks like she'd be a fun combo piece to get extra value out of your tile activations, but the actual value she produces is so low that you're better off running just about anybody else in that slot. Someone like Hawkeye or Kang will give you a boatload of AP, Ascended Drax a pile of damage, even 4* Carol gives a monster tile buff.

Darkveil/Coulson will definitely be a nightmare team when Darkveil is ascended, though.

Totally agree there are better than Abigail in that slot, and everything you and Dianetics said after this. But, it was Abigail's PVP event, so she was a necessary piece in that particular team.

I was hoping I would be a mild annoyance on defence and have some fun with Darkveil/Coulson.

• entrailbucket

@rainkingucd said:

@entrailbucket said:

@rainkingucd said:
    Brand, Darkveil, Coulson

I put this team out for Brand's PVP event right now. It's not very strong, and all 3 are Blue purple yellow, so 3 colours are missing.

It is super annoying and slow to fight though. Constant countdowns, AP gain, sending enemies away, and healing.

The problem with Abigail is that she does a bunch of stuff when CDs and repeaters go off, but it's just about the worst possible stuff -- I think it's a small fake heal and a small enemy AP drain.

She looks like she'd be a fun combo piece to get extra value out of your tile activations, but the actual value she produces is so low that you're better off running just about anybody else in that slot. Someone like Hawkeye or Kang will give you a boatload of AP, Ascended Drax a pile of damage, even 4* Carol gives a monster tile buff.

Darkveil/Coulson will definitely be a nightmare team when Darkveil is ascended, though.

Totally agree there are better than Abigail in that slot, and everything you and Dianetics said after this. But, it was Abigail's PVP event, so she was a necessary piece in that particular team.

I was hoping I would be a mild annoyance on defence and have some fun with Darkveil/Coulson.

Oh yeah, sorry, I was just taking advantage of that to complain about her in general!

• dianetics

@rainkingucd said:

100%. Being forced to use her boosted and then comparing her to the non-boosted Crystal in PvE just really showed how bad she is. She doesn't punish anything, she doesn't boost, she doesn't nuke, and she is probably the worst support character.

Maybe if both parts of her yellow were passive she would be more interesting. Also she works on an orbital station or something right? So why doesn't she have an orbital air strike or something? :D

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    Also she works on an orbital station or something right? So why doesn't she have an orbital air strike or something? :D

That should tell you exactly how bad she is when her first power, strongest colour is exactly that :D

Peak Performance - 8 AP
    Abigail Brand calls on the S.W.O.R.D.'s space station The Peak for a debilitating assault. Deal ~10k damage. Choose a basic tile to become a 2-turn Repeater tile that destroys 1 enemy AP in the chosen tile's color

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 275 Mover and Shaker

Kaine/ Cyclops PF/ Ascended Nightcrawler.

• vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 245 Tile Toppler

Not especially fast but pretty fun and something different. Use Wanda's purple power to select green, then use Sersei's purple and select red.

Once you down one enemy you can use Big Pun's green to down the rest.

If you make a match 5, boosted Sersei's eternal life will also take the enemy team out once the countdown goes off.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

Sersi will make some monster strikes if you get rid of red or purple, and she can boost them a ton if she is the one firing green. I haven't fully found the right team to exploit that yet, but I feel like that wasn't the part of her kit that anybody focused on because of the revive maybe.

• Rich
    Rich Posts: 5 Just Dropped In

They're not an earth-shattering trio, but I enjoy playing Crystal, Ronan the Accuser, and 5* Coulson together, because Crystal and Ronan both have cheap powers which means Coulson is constantly flooding the board with gaggles of 1-turn countdown tiles that cause 30,000+ total damage each time.

• entrailbucket

In the Iron Patriot event I ran 4* Iron Patriot + Colossus (with Fantasticar) + Big Wheel with purple AP supports.

If you can cast purple turn0 you just win. The cascades + criticals + Fantasticar swaps do crazy damage, then if anything is left alive, Big Wheel hits them for like 300k the next turn.

• dianetics

I wanted to refresh one I mentioned quite a while ago, but the dynamic of the team has changed after ascension and new supports.

K5mala with Lucky, Polaris ascended with Vibranium Ore(or your choice), 4Rocket ascended (mines not) with Low Level AI.

This is now a legit full clear team for all nodes including the challenge nodes and because Polaris and Grocket are ascended and doing real work.

• Jinx
    edited 14 July 2024, 11:16

Juggernaut 4>5; Carol 4>5; Multiple Man. Very fun with Snack Cart equipped to Carol and Cuckoos equipped to MM. snack cart to get CDs Carol uses to buff.

• Jinx

Also Polaris; Iron Patriot; BRB

• Jinx

Been playing around with a lot of different teams lately and finally found a use for Grandma Thor. Paired her with Okoye and 2>4* Electro and it was fun. Does a lot of damage.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

@Jinx said:
    Been playing around with a lot of different teams lately and finally found a use for Grandma Thor. Paired her with Okoye and 2>4* Electro and it was fun. Does a lot of damage.

This is the most exciting post I've seen in quite some time, I can't wait to try it out! I would love to see this granny get used for once!

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,401 Chairperson of the Boards

I must be an idiot. What is a Grandma Thor?