Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 173 Tile Toppler

@entrailbucket said:
    @IrisRyu That sounds awesome! I was talking about Blob's crazy passive the other day, but I didn't even think about Madrox's secret SAP power with him!

That’s the comment I was thinking of! Also, Moondragon/MM/Blob is fun if you run Moondragon 5/3/5. Moondragon gets a match damage boost from the SAP dupe tiles and gives an outlet for purple and yellow. You don’t want Madrox’s trap tiles in the bottom rows and her red helps clear them if they’re preventing Blob from doing his thing.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,689 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 9 June 2024, 19:51

Anyone run into the max-champ boosted M'Baku team? The player runs them with 3May4. You have, at most, two turns to stun M'Baku or you are DEAD. He's my next ascension target, I think. A good cascade for the AI and you're dead turn one.

Just for fun, I attacked them twice. Won once and was incinerated the second time. It was fun trying.

Credit to entrail: You warned us about M'Baku.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:
    Anyone run into the max-champ boosted M'Baku team? The player runs them with 3May4. You have, at most, two turns to stun M'Baku or you are DEAD. He's my next ascension target, I think. A good cascade for the AI and you're dead turn one.

Just for fun, I attacked them twice. Won once and was incinerated the second time. It was fun trying.

He's a nightmare. I fought a guy with a 550 in sim a few times -- if you don't have a stun (and oh by the way, he's immune to stun at 40% health), or Kang or something similar, he's basically unkillable. The more you hurt him, the less damage he takes and the more damage he does.

• Borstock

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

He's a nightmare. I fought a guy with a 550 in sim a few times -- if you don't have a stun (and oh by the way, he's immune to stun at 40% health), or Kang or something similar, he's basically unkillable. The more you hurt him, the less damage he takes and the more damage he does.

You warned us. He's a monster.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 870 Critical Contributor

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

Tried about a handful of times, even with stockpile and +2 red/yellow for ghostpool abyssal blades. Would make an opening red match and my stunner is immediately downed. Entire health pool in 1 shot. Not even mad, it's honestly impressive.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

So is mbaku like gladiator thor in that you want to take him into battle already below half health?

• Borstock

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

Tried about a handful of times, even with stockpile and +2 red/yellow for ghostpool abyssal blades. Would make an opening red match and my stunner is immediately downed. Entire health pool in 1 shot. Not even mad, it's honestly impressive.

I went after him with Polaris and BRB with +4 blue. One good match on turn 1, and not being downed by the AI turn, and I stun locked M'Baku and won.

The other match, he downed Bill and had Polaris on life support turn 1 with match DMG. So, yeah. Lost that one badly.

We might need a more impressive match damage negater than the ones we already have in order to deal with him boosted.

• WilliamK1983

@Borstock said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

I went after him with Polaris and BRB with +4 blue. One good match on turn 1, and not being downed by the AI turn, and I stun locked M'Baku and won.

The other match, he downed Bill and had Polaris on life support turn 1 with match DMG. So, yeah. Lost that one badly.

We might need a more impressive match damage negater than the ones we already have in order to deal with him boosted.

Agree on the damage negater 100% as well as targeting him for ascension. I've gone against a 370 boosted mbaku plenty and knew from that his match damage hit like a truck. This was my first time against a boosted max ascended and the damage is in another stratosphere.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

I’m seeing loads of 4* May up in the top of simulator this season, she definitely seems popular.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

3 to 4 May is only going to increase (unless they nerf her, which they probably should). I'm about to ascend mine in the next few days, thank goodness.

For MBaku try the 5IceMan, Mthor, Kang or Mthor Riri. Both of those teams usually get permastun by the 2nd turn.

• Borstock
    edited 10 June 2024, 18:43

@WhiteBomber said:
    3 to 4 May is only going to increase (unless they nerf her, which they probably should). I'm about to ascend mine in the next few days, thank goodness.

For MBaku try the 5IceMan, Mthor, Kang or Mthor Riri. Both of those teams usually get permastun by the 2nd turn.

I like those teams, but they are very luck based. BRB+Polaris is still luck based in this once particular scenario because you absolutely must stun by turn 2, but once the protects start covering the board, the actual permastun becomes much easier.

• Borstock

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I’m seeing loads of 4* May up in the top of simulator this season, she definitely seems popular.

I already feel bad for the people who ascend her to a 5 because they don't know what happens to her boost percentages. I didn't know until a couple of days ago. I would've been SO angry if I ascended her and didn't know.

• entrailbucket

@Borstock said:

@WhiteBomber said:

I like those teams, but they are very luck based. BRB+Polaris is still luck based in this once particular scenario because you absolutely must stun by turn 2, but once the protects start covering the board, the actual permastun becomes much easier.

For a non luck based team, Kang/5* Riri/5* Coulson beats anything pretty trivially. If you absolutely can't last a couple turns, boost 4 green and use Riri's stun turn 0.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 10 June 2024, 19:05

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@WhiteBomber said:

For a non luck based team, Kang/5* Riri/5* Coulson beats anything pretty trivially. If you absolutely can't last a couple turns, boost 4 green and use Riri's stun turn 0.

I like to use plus all ap boosts, plus green, and plus red with this team. Fire riri red then green on turn 1 and you usually have enough ap to send everyone away next turn.

• Borstock

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@WhiteBomber said:

I appreciate the recommendation, but I don't have a 5* Coulson. I know you say he's an animal, but I sold my Max-champ before the whole ascension thing. Working his way back up.

• WhiteBomber

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@WhiteBomber said:

I appreciate the recommendation, but I don't have a 5* Coulson. I know you say he's an animal, but I sold my Max-champ before the whole ascension thing. Working his way back up.

Even I can feel the sting of 505 slapping you in the face! I am sorry for your loss. If it helps, my first copy is just now hitting 290.

• WilliamK1983

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@WhiteBomber said:

I only have a handful of max 4s and I've got them all in the past couple months. My 4s aren't close to ready for ascension. And I'm max/max all levels so really really not close.

• WhiteBomber

@entrailbucket how close are you to ascending SpiderPig?

• entrailbucket

@WhiteBomber said:
    @entrailbucket how close are you to ascending SpiderPig?

I have one at lvl351.

Also, he's terrible.