Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,570 Chairperson of the Boards

Throwing out something here. It’s nothing crazy stupid strong but is pretty nice if Phylla is the highest level.

Phylla/Kang/C5rnage. Once they get going Phyllis tiles are all over the board and you have a purple nuke with Kang and a red nuke with Phyllis. Pretty nice team

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    Throwing out something here. It’s nothing crazy stupid strong but is pretty nice if Phylla is the highest level.

Phylla/Kang/C5rnage. Once they get going Phyllis tiles are all over the board and you have a purple nuke with Kang and a red nuke with Phyllis. Pretty nice team

Phyllis is in the game now? We just need a 5 star Stanley to team her up with.

• dianetics

@BriMan2222 said:

@dianetics said:

Phyllis is in the game now? We just need a 5 star Stanley to team her up with.

This is too OP

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:

@WhiteBomber said:
    @entrailbucket how close are you to ascending SpiderPig?

I have one at lvl351.

Also, he's terrible.

Spider-Ham may have the least well designed power set in the game. Clearly designed at 4:58pm on a Friday.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

Yeah, but maaaaaybe when he ascends he becomes amazing! I remember when Devil Dino was actually really good. I stopped playing for a few years and they nerfed him :(

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:
    Anyone run into the max-champ boosted M'Baku team? The player runs them with 3May4. You have, at most, two turns to stun M'Baku or you are DEAD. He's my next ascension target, I think. A good cascade for the AI and you're dead turn one.

Just for fun, I attacked them twice. Won once and was incinerated the second time. It was fun trying.

Credit to entrail: You warned us about M'Baku.

He's a nightmare. I fought a guy with a 550 in sim a few times -- if you don't have a stun (and oh by the way, he's immune to stun at 40% health), or Kang or something similar, he's basically unkillable. The more you hurt him, the less damage he takes and the more damage he does.

You warned us. He's a monster.

So, I used him just now in PvP with the boost, mine is lvl463.

"Monster" is underselling this guy, significantly. This was basically the perfect event for him, with m'Thor featured for cascades, plus AC boosted for criticals, but M'baku might be the best character in the game now and I'm not even being hyperbolic.

I had used him a bit unboosted, theorycrafted him a bunch, and fought him a handful of times. Using him, he's that good. I always say Coulson is the best 4->5 because of shenanigans, and I love shenanigans, but M'baku may be the best in terms of power, between offense and defense.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker

and probably the simplest in the game; make matches, enjoy taking damage, win.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 275 Mover and Shaker

Just pulled Juggernaut away from Grocket and tried him out with MThor and 2>4* Electro for a full rainbow match damage team. Incredible! Thought I would miss the boosted splash damage, but the cascades and match damage are off the charts.

• Jinx

MThor, Electro2>4*, Chasm. Outlets for all 5 colors to keep AP low and constant heals and cascades.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards

May Parker (Spider-girl) 5/4/4
    Ascended Super-Skrull 5/5/3
    Ascended Bishop 5/3/6 or 3/5/5 Wakanda Ore support lvl 4

Spider-girl and bishop are a great duo for putting out shields and then filling the board with blue cascade chaos. SG’s blue power is great at cutting off a dangerous enemy power and her black hits hard, switches shields to strikes, then hits again. Bishop’s yellow passive combines great with SG’s purple passive.

SG dodges attacks and puts shields out when she did at the end of the opponents turn. But her dodge percentage goes down for each friendly shield on the field. But!….. Bishop converts 2 of those shields + 5 more random tiles to blue tiles,thus spamming the board with blue if there are at least 4 shields on the field. 4 shields are pretty easy for this duo since you get 2 from SG when she dodges and if bishop is in front, he’ll place 1 as well. .

With that duo I thought finding a great 3rd would be easy but it took a bit of labbing to find great 3rd. BRB isn’t great because bishop is trying to convert the shields to blue tiles. You also don’t want kitty or Nico to buff the tiles since bishop is just gonna convert them. There really aren’t many damage dealing blue powers. But I settled on…..

Super-Skrull.

SS slides in beautifully with his blue and green powers. His green does good team damage and gains blue AP that he destroys. His blue puts 2 more blue tiles on the field when it’s fired. The invisible woman blue is pretty worthless. The human torch blue is ok but not needed. The real deal is Mr Fantastic’s blue (overwrites enemy A/S/S with up to 5 shields) with Thing’s blue as a finisher (decent 3 hitter that drops attack tiles when defeating an enemy).

This team floods the board with blue tiles and SS is the heavy hitter with the thing blue and SG’s black converting shields to strikes helps as well.

• cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 387 Mover and Shaker

A couple people posted this (sorry I don't remember who!), but using Multiple Man and Coulson together can help you win the match on round 2. Just use +2 all and two more +2 to ap. Start the match using MM's yellow for each color, generating Coulson's CDs which on next turn give you a ton of AP...to use MM's abilities until you win.

For my third, I've used Chasm so that I get to have an extra turn at the top with the other team stunned.

Does anyone have a better third??

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards

Ascended Drax

• Jinx

Carol4, Grocket, Kang ( if you play for the away win. I just get bored with that). Despite the fact that it’s a turn 2 win team, it takes FOREVER and kind of defeats the purpose.

• BriMan2222
    edited 26 June 2024, 02:13

Ascended boosted negasonic and mighty thor are alot of fun together.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,346 Chairperson of the Boards

@BriMan2222 said:
    Ascended boosted negasonic and mighty thor are alot of fun together.

Glad to see Negasonic being seen. She has been interesting to me since launch. Add in Onslaught or some other cascade generator (Shang-chi is an obvious one) and you can have a lot of fun.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker

I'm slowly going through the characters that have been rebalanced while I was on hiatus and wow, Prowler sure got better! He's now... actually fun? He combos so well with Shuri now that he can keep producing his own fortified enemy tiles!

So I've been amusing myself with 5/3/5 Prowler + 5/3/5 Shuri + 4* X-23 (5/3/5 because mine tanks nothing, unless Prowler is invisible and allows her to tank at least purple.)

Prowler fortifies tiles, steals and super-buffs tiles and fortifies more until Shuri kicks in and makes everything cheaper. That puts his black at 3 AP, which makes more beefy strikes, which you can fortify with Shuri. In turn, this helps X-23 - you still need 9 red AP initially but from there, X-23's green costs 5 AP and her purple will quickly grow to 6 AP too. This helps her out tremendously to actually do things. In turn, she does good damage and puts out more strikes - which Shuri can fortify again.

Thumbs up on the Prowler rebalance from me.

• BriMan2222

@AlexR said:
    I'm slowly going through the characters that have been rebalanced while I was on hiatus and wow, Prowler sure got better! He's now... actually fun? He combos so well with Shuri now that he can keep producing his own fortified enemy tiles!

So I've been amusing myself with 5/3/5 Prowler + 5/3/5 Shuri + 4* X-23 (5/3/5 because mine tanks nothing, unless Prowler is invisible and allows her to tank at least purple.)

Prowler fortifies tiles, steals and super-buffs tiles and fortifies more until Shuri kicks in and makes everything cheaper. That puts his black at 3 AP, which makes more beefy strikes, which you can fortify with Shuri. In turn, this helps X-23 - you still need 9 red AP initially but from there, X-23's green costs 5 AP and her purple will quickly grow to 6 AP too. This helps her out tremendously to actually do things. In turn, she does good damage and puts out more strikes - which Shuri can fortify again.

Thumbs up on the Prowler rebalance from me.

If you have the TInkerer support on Prowler he fortifies a few of his own tiles every turn.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,372 Chairperson of the Boards

Brand, Darkveil, Coulson

I put this team out for Brand's PVP event right now. It's not very strong, and all 3 are Blue purple yellow, so 3 colours are missing.

It is super annoying and slow to fight though. Constant countdowns, AP gain, sending enemies away, and healing.

• dianetics

Put this in the wrong thread before**

Here’s something new for a niche use case.

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to exploit Phylla-Vell and ascended Shaw. It’s not working the way I wanted.

But, this is actually quite nice against SAP spamming teams.

Shaw / Phylla / Crystal I haven’t figured out the teams ups yet.

Running against teams like BRB/Carnage you can cut down the damage reduction and ultra boost Shaw. Let them get an AP advantage then use Shaws purple , if you have enough black leftover use Phylla’s black and and go to town.

You can’t always get the black but even when Bill fills the board there isn’t much they can do.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,558 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 29 June 2024, 15:32

@rainkingucd said:
    Brand, Darkveil, Coulson

I put this team out for Brand's PVP event right now. It's not very strong, and all 3 are Blue purple yellow, so 3 colours are missing.

It is super annoying and slow to fight though. Constant countdowns, AP gain, sending enemies away, and healing.

The problem with Abigail is that she does a bunch of stuff when CDs and repeaters go off, but it's just about the worst possible stuff -- I think it's a small fake heal and a small enemy AP drain.

She looks like she'd be a fun combo piece to get extra value out of your tile activations, but the actual value she produces is so low that you're better off running just about anybody else in that slot. Someone like Hawkeye or Kang will give you a boatload of AP, Ascended Drax a pile of damage, even 4* Carol gives a monster tile buff.

Darkveil/Coulson will definitely be a nightmare team when Darkveil is ascended, though.