Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 218 Tile Toppler
    Options

Just started playing around with Ultron, Magik and R&G. The normal Drawback to Rocket is that he puts out so many strikes that half of them are gone before you know it. Now, you set about matching every strike you can before the enemy gets to it. Not too hard to get to a few tiles worth 10-20k each and then Ultron starts adding again. Rinse and repeat. This team has full rainbow except yellow and Magic does a lot of different kind of damage each turn boosted by massive strikes. Open to any other ideas though.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,422 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    How does this compare to Nico or Kitty's tile improvement turn on turn? I think the "x" factor here is the perk 3 that distributes the power amongst the remainder, that seems like it would escalate well. Honestly I would think that perk plus Jane/Polaris would probably escalate faster than Ultron's boost alone since it only affects a single tile at a time.

It's on match so Jane doesn't work. Polaris, Nico, Kitty all work very well with it. Also, if the tile is fortified (like with Heimdall targeting it) you get the bonus and keep the tile.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,561 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'm already over boosted Polaris + Grockett + Dr. Thor.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ah, so really you want Carbage or maybe Banner in the mix for that free second move.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,298 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've been rediscovering Gamora, Coulson, Hawkeye during the current event. But with Gamora ascended and boosted, the teams focus is on her red rather than the stun lock/insta kill conditions. Fire any power once and it's over

• Jinx
    Options

Now that Chavez is ascendable, what build are you using and who are you teaming her with? All 3 powers would be so good that I’m thinking of using Emma 3* as a third to max out all powers.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

With 5* match damage, that red hits HARD

I would build her 535 with confidence! 😎

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yeah, I've gone 535.

Yellow happens too seldom.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

I've got to say I've really been enjoying 5Mags with Onslaught - Mags's blue is a great power anyway but when it gives you a match 4 and a metric kittytonne of team up tiles (as it regularly does) you end up with some comical numbers from Onslaught. Enough fun that I've benched Apocalypse in his boost week which is pretty much unheard of.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ascended America Chavez 5/3/5
    Killmonger 5/5/3
    Variable 3rd character
    +1/+2 AP boost

This is the duo I’ve been searching for. You get crit tiles on the field in turn 1 and get to work. Killmonger makes the opponent pay for daring to match a crit while you deal boosted match damage with AC + another boost if make a match in your target’s strongest color.

This duo can punch out teams without match damage prevention VERY quickly. It doesn’t matter how much hp they have. They go down and fast. It takes only the luckiest of lucky cascades to turn the AP tide against you.

But another thing is, match damage prevention won’t hold you back because of the big nuke KM does when the opponent matches a crit. Because of that, you can target and even plan around characters like Ph5 Colossus and ASJuggernaut. Let them match the crit and take the nuke or give you 5 red to make 2 more crits and nuke with KMs active red.

Your 3rd character will vary. I like ASJuggernaut a lot because he mitigates crit match damage and will tank well. Same with Ph5 colossus. ASRogue and AS Blob will mitigate cascade damage. Electro holds off AOEs and keeps your yellow AP high. Wanda helps defensively as well. Sometimes I’ll lean heavily into the match damage with ASGhost.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

my latest fun one. Rocket & Groot 450 lvl ascended 4 star to 5 star, Juggernaut 452 lvl ascended 4 to 5 star. & Star lord 5 star 475 lvl. Very deadly relatively fast kills.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

Moongirl and Devil Dinosaur with the classic BRB and Polaris combo is great - purple helps fill the board with special tiles quickly, as does the green which is a cheap destruction for winfinite and even first turn tile destruction with supports and/or AP boosts, and the blue's damage gets insane. Considering the infinite AP from the green and purple the blue is a great outlet for that AP even if you don't wanna build up one hit kills.

• Jinx
    Options

Now that someone clued me in on how to use Chavez’s red power, her ascended version is killing it with PX and Northstar.

• vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options

I don't have Nico ascended yet, but she's pretty fun boosted this week. Using her with Polaris and Wong in Venom Bomb. Not crazy fast, but fast enough and a lot of fun

• Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options

5* Goose, Polaris, and AS Nico packed a serious punch in the OSS pve. I used low level AI on Polaris and Fantasticar on Goose. Goose tanks and puts down two strikes for every hit. A nice cascade could end a battle in 4-5 turns.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,346 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited 5 January 2024, 13:55
    Options

@Kixty said:
    5* Goose, Polaris, and AS Nico packed a serious punch in the OSS pve. I used low level AI on Polaris and Fantasticar on Goose. Goose tanks and puts down two strikes for every hit. A nice cascade could end a battle in 4-5 turns.

Goose only tanked because of essential boost. Nico would tank 2/3 colors otherwise.

• Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options

AS 4* BP, AS Coulson, and 5* Hawkeye are a fun team. Start +2b/p and +2 r/y. Get blue and red matches and then start the countdown madness. Use the flood of ap as you like.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Dazzler (Ascended & Boosted this week)/Rocket (Ascended)/Emm5 with Atlantis and Yaro Root Supports is a zero turn winning machine. Only Professor X in the PVE CN has survived a single casting of Dazzler’s green AOE. You’re welcome.

• Jinx
    Options

or, ascended Grocket and ascended Medusa. Give Rocket the Lower AI support.