Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Gambit Trivia: if you can put him to sleep or toss him airborne it lifts the Stacked Deck power block. Not sure anyone in this batch can do it, but it’s an edge case you may want to squirrel away for the future.

4* Riri can send him Airborne.

I’ve been enjoying running Riri, Gamora, and Vulture for class of 2017 PvP. Vulture takes to the air and generates Blue and Green, Riri uses Green to send opponents airborne and Gamora uses Blue to stun. Surprisingly effective against the 5* teams I’ve been dealing with, though very squishy and absolute trash on Defense. At least I’m only chasing my 50 wins.🤷‍♂️

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nice and fun team, thanks!

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

Found another fun one in the 2022 Class event. Deathlok, MThor, and 5* Riri. 2 red and blue AP a turn, and focus point damage from Deathlok, Riri can fill the board with charge tiles very fast with her 3 cost red, and provide a free turn with her green, and MThor's constant cascades make for a great AP generation team, plus she destroys Riri's overcharge tile most of the time. The board fills with charge tiles, and the destroyed charge tile count rises pretty quickly as well, so once you're ready you can swap from Riri's red to MThor's and start blowing people up.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I encountered an under-leveled HiEvo + Deathlok + Kang team in PvP and they actually gave my A team somewhat of a problem. I still won, but I was pretty impressed.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@NemoAbernnigan said:
    Found another fun one in the 2022 Class event. Deathlok, MThor, and 5* Riri. 2 red and blue AP a turn, and focus point damage from Deathlok, Riri can fill the board with charge tiles very fast with her 3 cost red, and provide a free turn with her green, and MThor's constant cascades make for a great AP generation team, plus she destroys Riri's overcharge tile most of the time. The board fills with charge tiles, and the destroyed charge tile count rises pretty quickly as well, so once you're ready you can swap from Riri's red to MThor's and start blowing people up.

I like this team too, but I think 5 Emma is even faster than Deathlok due to the damage boost.

• NemoAbernnigan
    NemoAbernnigan Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@NemoAbernnigan said:

I like this team too, but I think 5 Emma is even faster than Deathlok due to the damage boost.

Haven't tried that myself but I will - the the 2 blue and red a turn really gets the team going and the focus point damage helps cut through your initial target quickly, especially since you're targeting red and blue anyways.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been looking for interesting teams to use in Simulator with my ascended 4s, and here are some I’ve tried:

Mr F (still a 4, mine is 370)/Carbage/Medusa 5. This team will probably be better when Mr f can be raised, and I think 4* carnage will be a nightmare at 5. Carbage makes enemy tiles, Mr f heals when the get matched and eventually fires a free power, and Medusa does Medusa things. If anyone sees it on defense let me know what you think.

Fi5K/sabretooth 5/ge doom - this team hits very hard actively and passively, but I suspect you have too much black competition for the ai to use it right on defense. I have tried prowler and colossus in place of doom, and I think prowler will be great post ascension. Colossus is as solid as he ever is. If anyone has a better black battery than doom or enemy strike battery than sabretooth I’m curious. Maybe domino would be good here when her batch arrives.

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

5torm is quite a good black battery.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2023
    Options

Health is super low but has 3 colors of board control. I’ll give it a run. I also ran Sersi and Prowler with sabretooth, and removed purple; won but it wasn’t pretty. The above team with Fi5K and doom or colossus can go a couple matches.

Edit: Storm works quite well

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

My vulture team is vulture/yellowjacket/deathlok.

Vulture stays airborne, jacket stays invisible, deathlok collects some AP then goes down while the villains leave him hanging... But it's fun.

Separate team:

I put Jane with DareDevil and Ghostpool because they both have CDs that you want to get destroyed...(I'm sure it's been done because there's no way someone hasn't talked about it, but I must have missed it)... Correct green and red, put out the CDs, watch Jane destroy them every turn (yours or the enemy teams) extra damage and stuns every round.

Plus it's a rainbow team with multiple stun options, multiple passive damage options, board shake, and nukes. Not top meta, but it has been fun.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I haven't tried this team, but it sounds fun.

I just wanted to reply because I agree that Talos got really good after his buff, and that ascended Talos is great. I'm not sure anybody else has noticed yet!

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options

Saw this team in Simulator, it gave me trouble so I stole it:

Iceman, Kang, Mighty Thor.

I had tried Iceman with Mighty Thor before, so she would destroy his blue countdown tiles, but then there's no blue tiles to make matches to have Iceman make more blue countdowns. Kang fixes this, since he makes blue AP when your friendly countdown tiles are destroyed. Also, his purple hits very hard if you can get it on a turn when a bunch of Iceman's tiles have avoided Thor's destruction.

• kuntilanak
    kuntilanak Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

@WhiteBomber said:
    5 Evo, 4 Northstar, 4 Night Crawler

I've always really enjoyed Evo and Northstar, but I decided to put them together today despite the complete color overlap so Evo could tank for NS and NC, and oh boy was it fun. NS and NC already go very very well together, but Evo was the missing piece.

If there is anything Northstar does very well is, get AP (usually in his/Evo's colors), and fast. Prioritize black, and airborne someone who will net you a lot of AP moved to the top. This will cascade quickly and get your AP combos / NC pink going (I used it when yellow was the top color). Before I knew it, Evos yellow had been thrown like 15 times, he was full health / unkillable, and the cascades destroyed the level 10 "difficult" fight with no friendlies injured.

It's definitely not the fastest team, but it was super fun, and I love teams like this; teams that implement weirder lower level characters and destroy the hardest fight. Your NC and NS don't even need levels (but Evo does :smiley:).

Ever since the rework done on NS, i've been pairing him with SC and go hunt teams with at least 1 character with red/purple as 2nd strongest color. usually the match ends fairly fast after 1-2 NS black cast. so now this duo has been my go-to for nearly all matches. dun really mind those retals in PVP as i aim for 50 wins... :p

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Northstar is ascendable now too!

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@MoosePrime said:
    Saw this team in Simulator, it gave me trouble so I stole it:

Iceman, Kang, Mighty Thor.

I had tried Iceman with Mighty Thor before, so she would destroy his blue countdown tiles, but then there's no blue tiles to make matches to have Iceman make more blue countdowns. Kang fixes this, since he makes blue AP when your friendly countdown tiles are destroyed. Also, his purple hits very hard if you can get it on a turn when a bunch of Iceman's tiles have avoided Thor's destruction.

This one's great. I've been using it for a while.