Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jinx said:
    Who should Flerkin pair with?

The only viable partner I have that isn’t already paired is Vulture. I think they should work together. I just don’t have enough covers for the cat yet. But that is the bench pair I will run when the cat rotates in.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:
    Ascended America Chavez being boosted in the Galactus boss event is crazy good. We're in round 6 and a regular match 3 in one of Chavez strong colors ends him with her being around lvl 600. Even if one of her colors aren't available, her passive damage will kill him next turn so the big guy never gets more than 1 turn.

Oh, this is supposed to be about team composition? That's it, she is the team. She does all the work, but I also bring boosted 5 star magneto and wong. On the off chance the match lasts long enough to fire a power his blue is fun for all the cascades and wong is just there to hopefully start off with his strike tiles and make the over kill extra overkilly.

Even Unascended, she's still good. I've ben using her with Gargantos and Kang for both the Heroic and most of the Normal nodes. Kang increases the countdown timer by one, so Gargantos's countdown does permanent damage to Galactus the first few turns, which is enough to take Galactus out.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sambrookjm said:

@BriMan2222 said:
    Ascended America Chavez being boosted in the Galactus boss event is crazy good. We're in round 6 and a regular match 3 in one of Chavez strong colors ends him with her being around lvl 600. Even if one of her colors aren't available, her passive damage will kill him next turn so the big guy never gets more than 1 turn.

Oh, this is supposed to be about team composition? That's it, she is the team. She does all the work, but I also bring boosted 5 star magneto and wong. On the off chance the match lasts long enough to fire a power his blue is fun for all the cascades and wong is just there to hopefully start off with his strike tiles and make the over kill extra overkilly.

Even Unascended, she's still good. I've ben using her with Gargantos and Kang for both the Heroic and most of the Normal nodes. Kang increases the countdown timer by one, so Gargantos's countdown does permanent damage to Galactus the first few turns, which is enough to take Galactus out.

And if you add Fantasticar support to Chavez, it goes even crazier.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,117 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

@sambrookjm said:

@BriMan2222 said:

Not if you only have it at LVL 2. :neutral:

I've got her equipped with a LVL 3 Vibranium Ore, so her passives do an extra 551 damage.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,155 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sambrookjm said:

@Scofie said:

@sambrookjm said:

@BriMan2222 said:

Not if you only have it at LVL 2. :neutral:

I've got her equipped with a LVL 3 Vibranium Ore, so her passives do an extra 551 damage.

Yeah it needs level 3 for the extra swaps and extra match damage.

• vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    Options

Been using Kang, Wong and Ascended Peggy through all of the Galactus event and it's been crazy easy. Through round 8 and I'm killing Galactus before any of his countdown tiles go off.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie said:

@sambrookjm said:

@BriMan2222 said:

Good call on the fantasticar. I just unequiped it from invisible woman and added it to chavez.

• BriMan2222
    Options

@Scofie said:

@sambrookjm said:

@BriMan2222 said:

Good call on the fantasticar. I just unequiped it from invisible woman and added it to chavez.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Y’all weren’t kidding. Fantasticar on AC is pretty insane. Great recommendation; thanks!

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Having fun with 5* Hawkeye, ascended Coulson and Drax (unascended). Fire one ability and the countdowns does lots of damage from both Coulson and Drax. Can't wait until Drax is ascended too.

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

Coulon/Carol/Groot all baby ascended to to level ~458.

Milano on Groot. Sanctum on Carol. Turn 0 pop the Milano CD and by beginning of turn 2 you have up to 44k strike tiles, 12 random ap, and deal 171k damage, unboosted.

I'm using Korg for a chance at 9 yellow ap start. If that happens I make a yellow match and double cast Carol yellow. I can see Low Level AI being really good too.

Kinda rough if you start 0 yellow and your Milano gets matched.

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    Options

Magik, Ultron, Grocket. New Lower AI support has changed Ultron completely.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Jinx said:

I’ve seen this before. What exactly makes the support so good for Ultron?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He makes a strike passively every turn is the one that stands out to me, but I don’t have it yet so I’m curious what people are thinking there too.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wong and Ultron go together nicely. I got up to 30k+ strikes using it with neither of them boosted, and it wasn't hard or required special planning.
    Pick your poison for the third: Polaris, Rocket, Nico, Deathlok, Kitty etc.
    The rank 1 and 3 abilities are excellent, and it scales really well. The perk is also pretty great.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Yes, but I’m a bit dismayed this wasn’t built into his kit in the first place. It won’t matter once PvP promotes supports.

What does matter, is not having these skills baked into the cake, (making a solid character on par with “A” tiers), while then adding a stone or some other additional boost that other great characters will have the ability to do.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@Jinx said:

It makes a strike tile each turn.
    If you match a friendly strike tile, it's strength is distributed amongst other friendly strike tiles. (at rank 3)

Ultron adds strike tile if you have one, until you have enough then he will start improving them. The support makes sure there will be one for him to start duplicating, and if you match them, you don't lose their value.

• BriMan2222
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@Zarqa said:

@Jinx said:

It makes a strike tile each turn.
    If you match a friendly strike tile, it's strength is distributed amongst other friendly strike tiles. (at rank 3)

Ultron duplicates adds strike tile if you have one, until you have enough then he will start improving them. The support makes sure there will be one for him to start duplicating, and if you match them, you don't lose their value.

Yup, I was messing around with Ultron with the ai support, polaris and grocket in pve and it's great because once you match a strike tile it's strength is not lost. So polaris keeps making more, ultron keeps improving them, and you never lose any value. I had like 100k in strike tiles by the end of one wave node.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

How does this compare to Nico or Kitty's tile improvement turn on turn? I think the "x" factor here is the perk 3 that distributes the power amongst the remainder, that seems like it would escalate well. Honestly I would think that perk plus Jane/Polaris would probably escalate faster than Ultron's boost alone since it only affects a single tile at a time.