Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Options

Comments

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    Options
    please unimprove DDQ, what was a relaxing daily thing I did is now a pain in the butt half the time.

at the very least remove the prime stuff they make things so much more tedious.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zulux21 wrote:
    please unimprove DDQ, what was a relaxing daily thing I did is now a pain in the butt half the time.

at the very least remove the prime stuff they make things so much more tedious.
    lol...."BRING BACK MONOTONY AND BOREDOM AND SPEED....PLEASE!!"

no, I'm serious. I really enjoyed my 15 minutes of monotony every day. I did. now its 20 minutes of "glad that's over".
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OK, only just got around to doing todays. That was a little excessive on the hard scale. Took me two attempts.

If its going to be that hard, the rewards definitely need upping. That wasn't worth 2000 iso and a Falcon cover.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought about this some more today. Pretty sure they are mad we aren't buying more ISO from the store so this is a way to make us suffer. I have never played a game where the devs have done more to punish players. All other MMO's you get rewarded for advancing in the game, not punished. pretty sure the bean counters are mad we aren't buying ISO packs.
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought about this some more today. Pretty sure they are mad we aren't buying more ISO from the store so this is a way to make us suffer. I have never played a game where the devs have done more to punish players. All other MMO's you get rewarded for advancing in the game, not punished. pretty sure the bean counters are mad we aren't buying ISO packs.

Nailed it.

Game design by bean counters. Who cares if they ruin the game experience? As long as they force us to buy ISO and health packs, that's all they want. The thing is, it's **** like this that make me keep my $$ tight in my fist. Why should I spend $$ on a game where they deliberately screw the players?
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mouser wrote:
    If they're going to continue to maintain higher levels of difficulty on the TBE at the minimum the devs need to display to the players what characters will be in each wave before starting the node. Its asking too much of the lower level rosters to waste health packs to discover their teams are ill-equipped for later waves. Its also unreasonable to expect all of those players to look up info elsewhere on net before assembling a ddq squad each day.

This. I'm fine with the increased difficulty, but we go in blind to survival node waves, which removes all strategy from the initial attempt. If you look at the posts about successful first run teams, they're either teams that have the capacity to go semi-infinite, or it's been brute force. I'm at a stage now where I just load up OML/JG/SW or OML/IF/SW before I go into a survival node, just because I know that combo will brute force just about anything, because I can't formulate a strategy beforehand.

You shouldn't need to have to wipe on the first attempt in order to formulate a strategy to beat a node.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    The real reason they are doing this is because championing has added some value to 3* characters again for higher end players, and they think people will still fight (i.e. spend $) for that value. Realistically they just made the fight more annoying. We've all seen the posts on here of people that log on every day for DDQ and that's it. If the only thing keeping them interested in the game gets significantly more annoying to complete - many of them will just quit completely.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can a "complaint" button be added next to the nodes in DDQ so my daily complaint can be made easier?
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    We've all seen the posts on here of people that log on every day for DDQ and that's it. If the only thing keeping them interested in the game gets significantly more annoying to complete - many of them will just quit completely.
    I'd imagine the devs' primary worry about people quitting isn't the pool of people who only log in once a day and never spend any money.
  • Uthgarprime
    Options
    Those people only doing daily DDQ would probably like to do more, but feel its not worth the money. Imagine if the devs stopped punishing us, I bet alot of them would spend money. If you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth you won't spend money. If they made it a little more worth while people would open their wallets. I spend money in other mobile games for almost no reason. I am super stingy with what I spend on this game cause I don't think many things at this time are worth the money.
  • Honestly i have to confess i just ranted about how impossible it is but i just finished it the main problem with it is the blue sentry when hes dead its smooth sailing from there on
  • NewMcG
    Options
    Those people only doing daily DDQ would probably like to do more, but feel its not worth the money. Imagine if the devs stopped punishing us, I bet alot of them would spend money. If you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth you won't spend money. If they made it a little more worth while people would open their wallets. I spend money in other mobile games for almost no reason. I am super stingy with what I spend on this game cause I don't think many things at this time are worth the money.
    So, these are theoretical people who only do the DDQ, but have only started doing so in the past week since they changed it, thus making it "not worth the money"?

Hypothetical: You own a retail store. You have regular customers. Some are there every day and usually buy something small. Other stop in and drop big chunks of money every now and then. Then there's customers who come in and hang out every day but never spend a dime. You sell a product that makes you money from the regular paying customers, but then you change a policy that ticks off the people that are just there to loiter.

How much money and effort would you invest in revamping your business plan to try and please the people who spend zero money?
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Well, I spent money on this game on all of the last three sales. Two of them making purchases for two accounts. (android & steam) I just called google play and got them to refund the $40 I spent during the lunar new year sale. The devs can suck it for all I care. Guess they only want customers if we buy stark salaries on a regular basis. I hope they have fun running this game into the ground
  • NewMcG
    Options
    n25philly wrote:
    Well, I spent money on this game on all of the last three sales. Two of them making purchases for two accounts. (android & steam) I just called google play and got them to refund the $40 I spent during the lunar new year sale. The devs can suck it for all I care. Guess they only want customers if we buy stark salaries on a regular basis. I hope they have fun running this game into the ground
    qrkx5messu0hweahnzr6.png
  • Uthgarprime
    Options
    It sounds like people that are spending money are mad, this isn't the same as a retail store, cause the retail store doesn't give things away like a free game. In a free game you need to incetivise the free players to spend money, but you also need free players to fill the ranks. Retail and f2p are totally different animals. If you loiter in a retail store every day they will ask you not to come back. All f2p games need free players, but wouldn't it be nice if more of them wanted to spend money so the game can continue.
  • NewMcG
    Options
    It sounds like people that are spending money are mad, this isn't the same as a retail store, cause the retail store doesn't give things away like a free game. In a free game you need to incetivise the free players to spend money, but you also need free players to fill the ranks. Retail and f2p are totally different animals. If you loiter in a retail store every day they will ask you not to come back. All f2p games need free players, but wouldn't it be nice if more of them wanted to spend money so the game can continue.
    But you cite the players who were only playing DDQ before the change, and this driving them out Except if they were only playing DDQ before, they weren't paying then, so the changes to DDQ aren't affecting the bottom line with those people at all. They could change it back to appease whoever is whining about the change, and they still make exactly zero dollars off those same people. If they leave, the bottom line, which is what keeps the game going, doesn't change. The players who are paying right now like the game, and pay for it.

Those that "don't find it worth the money" can leave and the game will continue to move along as long as those paying consider it worthwhile. Which they do, as the game is going strong 2 years on. More free players will come in, like the game, and some will like it enough to pay. But appealing to those just loitering around does nothing to make money, which is what matters. If the ones paying leave, that's when the game goes under, and the changes to DDQ aren't driving out anyone shelling out decent money for the game, despite the "sky is falling" assertions from the peanut gallery found throughout this thread.
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi everyone,

We've heard your feedback on the revised Deadpool's Dailies and Demiurge are going take another look at how things are currently playing out and tweak where necessary. We don't have a time-table yet for when a fresh balance pass will be completed, but the team hope to refine Deadpool's Daily Quests in the coming weeks.

Thanks very much for the feedback!
  • Uthgarprime
    Options
    You are forgetting the whole point of this thread. I bet the majority of people that post on the forums are paying customers. especially since alot of them have complained about spending money and said they will spend no more. so they are losing paying customers. Wouldn't you also want to make changes that got free players to pay money. If you make free players mad, they leave and will definitely not spend money. Also these games so well with word of mouth, I won't recommend this to any of my friends at this time. It would take them over a year to be competitive in pvp. Especially if their low level roster could not compete in the DDQ cause it is now much harder. It is well known in retail that it is cheaper to keep customers than get new ones. So maybe they would want to stop giving us something nice (Champions) and then they punch us in the face (DDQ changes). They also lie about changes, they said the health changes were to make more charactors viable, when we all know its to make matches take longer so we have to buy more health packs. this is the sole reason I will never spend a single HP on health packs.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    elusive wrote:
    I already posted in the event thread, but the Ultron sentries are horrible. It took me at least as long just to clear them out as it did for me to beat the entire round in the past, all because they kept causing cascades and healing themselves every other turn. No joke, they had 30 AP in every color by the time I managed to kick them out. I haven't kept up with the game in a while and usually just play DDQ or an event that has a cover of a hero I like, and the former was a great way to have fun while still feeling like I was making progress; if this is an indicator of what's to come, now it's going to be a stressful pain in the tinykitty.
    Why were you attacking the yellow Sentry!? Green first, always green first, then nuke yellow.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I am surprised that there is so much outrage over DPDQ. The Dev's are trying to make a portion of the game more interesting for us. Some nodes have been harder, and some have been easier. I use KK, she hulk, hood on the big enchilada and yes the Ultron sentries suck in general, but they are not high enough levels that they are crazy tough. The only change I would make is to let players see the first 3 enemies in survival mode. This will let players pick their team more accordingly to the opponents. It would also let players experiment more with teams knowing who they will be facing. The fact that the old DPDQ was the same fights over and over I think he randomness is good. Could it use a small tweet sure, but the fact people are not going to spend anymore money on the game because they are trying to make DPDQ actually interesting is sad.