Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Options

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I loved my DDQ routine like others did, it had been a daily event and not every Big E was easy. But this is a huge step to the meaning of HARDER... especially today with facing Ultron himself on wave 1. (Sam Wilson Falcon cover) icon_eek.gif
    Tomorrow, wave 1 will have Galactus.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    just wiped in the first round. Devs thank you for ruining my favorite game. I hope you are happy with this disaster you created.
  • onthebrink
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    onthebrink wrote:
    So what do you think happened over at MPQ headquarters? Ultron & Droids on the first wave? Seriously? Did somebody get dumped by their girlfriend right before Valentine's day?

I used to be able to beat all of the Big Enchilada with Lvl 94 2* Magneto (3/5/5), Thor(5/3/5) & Storm (5/5/3). Basically gather purple to use Magneto's Polarity Shift to build blue for Storm's Wind Storm. I could usually get through the entire thing without taking any damage (unless there were ninjas w/Turn to Smoke). Today, that party got wiped off the map before I killed Ultron. The second try went much better. I used Lvl 270 Old Man Logan w/Hard to Kill, Lvl 168 3* Iron Man (5/4/4) & Lvl 166 Cap (3/5/5). Tanked w/ OML to get red & yellow, use recharge to get more red & blue, then basically stunned & smashed w/Cap's Peacemaker & Star-Spangled Avenger. Only took a few minutes of damage on IM & Cap, and OML was at full health at the end.

Since you're relying on Star Spangled Avenger for your Red, you might as well change that Iron Man to a 4/4/5 to make that AP generation even sweeter.

Again though, I'm puzzled over a design choice that forces a player to use a 5* in a fight for a 3* cover.

I realized that right after I got out of the fight. Great minds think alike. As far as force, I don't think that's necessarily the case, as others mentioned that they got through with 2*'s, it's just that OML happens to be the main for Red & Yellow, and can tank w/656 HP recovery every round. If he gets too low, I just start matching blues to let IM take some hits while OML recovers.

By the way, is there a handy list of common acronyms available on this board? I'm able to figure most of them out, but sometimes I get a little stumped...
  • onthebrink
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    I loved my DDQ routine like others did, it had been a daily event and not every Big E was easy. But this is a huge step to the meaning of HARDER... especially today with facing Ultron himself on wave 1. (Sam Wilson Falcon cover) icon_eek.gif
    1st wave will be Galactus, Ultron & Carnage.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I feel bad because I usually don't complain and just play what is given and shift to more PVE or PVP, whatever I want to tinker with when another part gets too hard. But my favorite part was Deadpool Daily (like many people, not saying anything new). I'm a 2*->3* transitioner, who's been playing for a little over a year, so while I have SOME experience, I don't consider myself a MPQ veteran in even the smallest aspect.

PVE and PVP are a little hard. I get some rewards and I always love that! Maybe I place so I get 25 HP (hallelujah! I can buy a new slot every month or so!). Maybe I get a 2* cover so I can add a level to my champion. If I get a 3* cover, I'm jumping! So the fact that DDQ gave me an opportunity to add a 3* everyday. Well, if I already had them. But hey, I'll take what I can get. Adding a cover most days was great! Wait, no, that was progress, actually. I feel any game that isn't solitaire should have a steady way to progress. You play every day, so you should be able to level up, even if it's slowly. Like, even if it's VERY slowly.

But now I can't progress. icon_e_sad.gif I don't mind adding a little difficulty or trying to spice it up, but today's TBE nodes were impossible for me. I don't have a roster that can beat Ultron Prime and sentries (and why do goons get to match as well? but that's another topic), and then symbiotes, much less have enough health to get to the leveled up characters in the third and fourth waves.

"Use health packs or wait till your team is healed and try again. Maybe you'll get a lucky board." That won't work. After I match one, they get rid of a stack of five, pump out some special tiles, and then start racking up AP, critical tiles, blowing me away. If I happen to get past this wave, now I have symbiotes that DESTROY me if I match the special tiles, which I have to do, or the special tiles will DESTROY me.

"Well, maybe you should play harder. Grind PVE. Do nothing but PVP." Unfortunately, I don't have the money to spend on the game, so I can't level up to max 4*s or whatever I need. I'm also somewhat casual because I have limited time to play. I realize how this sounds and you might say, "Well, why play?" Because I have fun when I do play and the small sense of progression is enough to keep me playing the little that I do.

If I can't get the 3* cover, what do I do? How do I progress? I don't have a strong enough roster to place T100 or better without spending every minute grinding on PVE. I don't have enough health packs to grind on PVP, so I can only play these every few hours (longer if I have a bad board).

Is there any chance DDQ will go back to a nice progression? If not, may I have a daily 3* cover, just because? icon_lol.gif

But I really don't like this new randomness which could lead to no prizes ever again. Thanks for listening.
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    onthebrink wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I use the other abilities as well, especially Call the Storm, but to get through untouched you definitely need Wind Storm.

Here's another clue: don't use call the storm. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    Options
    onthebrink wrote:

By the way, is there a handy list of common acronyms available on this board? I'm able to figure most of them out, but sometimes I get a little stumped...

Right here is the best bet:
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3600

Though to be honest, I make up half of the ones I use in pathetic attempt to be funny.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Good on the change is, I feel like "Oh, wait, which combo would fit now?" I'm kind of really awaken now, looking like O.O but engaged to find a way that works.

It might be good if you could see who you were going to face before they killed you....

They **** this one up. Daily events like this are supposed to be something that engages you for a short period of time, that the average player can get through in one sitting and feel like they met their daily goal. Dropping Ultron and sentries in wave 1 followed by Symbiote goots does not fit that bill. My fast TBE team is SWitch, JG, FalCap and I actually wiped for the first time since I have been using that combo. I switched to Hulk, Rulk, IMHB or some ridiculously overpowered 4* team that most players don't have at their disposal. And the entire time I was angry that I was having to repeat what should be a quick and simple battle for me.....wasting time I needed to spend grinding PvE or starting the next PvP.
  • onthebrink
    Options
    Tryke wrote:
    onthebrink wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, I use the other abilities as well, especially Call the Storm, but to get through untouched you definitely need Wind Storm.

Here's another clue: don't use call the storm. icon_e_wink.gif

That's my finisher move. If you have everyone stunned & 28 green, you can take them out in 2 moves. I'll use Lightning Storm if I need to clear up any countdowns, attacks, shields, etc.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2016
    Options
    onthebrink wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

How about Tetris Ultron, Xforce Wolverine, Loki for round 2? Board shake a bomb to the bottom row, instant game over.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    onthebrink wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

How about Tetris Ultron, Xforce Wolverine, Loki for round 2? Board shake a bomb to the bottom row, instant game over.

All that sounds perfectly reasonable for a... Psylocke cover. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • onthebrink
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    onthebrink wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:

Maybe they could throw in a lvl 300 Juggernaut for the fun of it. That would really shake things up!
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,292 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have been defending their changes to DDQ in general but yes this wave was way more difficult than any other DDQ Big Enchilada before. Putting Ultron and sentries on the first wave is going to be too difficult for most 2* rosters and evenly moderately developed 3* rosters. I barely beat it with a level 170+ IF, classic Mags and a 1 cover OML. Now I would not have brought OML into the battle knowing this is what I was facing in hindsight. In addition the wave was bugged and almost cost me the match (see my post in bugs/technical issues) due to Beast showing up twice back to back. As it was all of my characters ended up under 2000 health and IF was down to 400 health. icon_e_sad.gif

I had no issue with Wednesday Big Enchilada as I used my normal go to team of 3* DP, Cage and Switch. Simply Whaled the last two waves but I can see where that match would have been difficult with a two star roster or even moderate 3* roster.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just wait until tomorrow, it will be lvl 300 Galactus followed by Ultron & bots then another round of Galactus....

Seriously though as many have said, DDQ was working great - not interested in the current pve or pvp? Take a break and just do DDQ for a few days. Need a quick 4k iso to level someone? Take 20 minutes to clear it and enjoy your rewards.....

I always enjoyed just blasting through each morning, collecting my rewards, and moving on to pve or pvp, usually with no damage to the chars I use (XFW, OBW, 3hor for BE - cstorm mags daken/2hor for others) but this is one of the most ridiculous changes. I can only imagine what a nightmare this must be for people with underdeveloped rosters. I was able to beat it luckily without losing anyone thanks to OBW's blue but my team took a beating from rounds 1-2 due to the bots damage and constant generation of strike/attack/shield tiles - seems pretty unfair to have them on the first wave as it took me until round 3 before I could finally clear all the tiles away.

The biggest thing I have seen from the devs is that when they make changes that they believe are for the better, there are always complaints. Granted DDQ was monotonous and a small change would be welcome as the only real threat was on ninja day but it was a reliable source of iso, covers, etc... also a good place to learn strategy and test teams. Same goes for the recent change to prologue, cannot go there to test new teams as once they are all complete the nodes become locked. Okay most of us get the fact that we are not suppose to win and if you do want to win, it will cost you at some point but I am not sure why they try go out of their way to take the FUN OUT OF THIS GAME. I find it hard to believe that when the devs are coming up with this stuff it doesn't cross their minds like Dev1: "hey since we are going to make this change to DDQ so it is not too easy but we are going to keep the rewards the same" Dev2: "Yeah that is a brilliant plan, lets go with that, the players won't even notice and if they do meh - GREEN LIGHT!" Again just another instance of dgreedy doing what they do - shoot man toss 1 cp up as a reward for completing all nodes at least...it surely would not break the game and would still take around 3 weeks to get enough to buy a legend token (depending on what type you want)
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't really want to go back to the old DDQ. I like that the fights are more interesting now. I do wish they made the rewards worth spending health packs on though, given that you're extremely likely to actually need to use some when you don't know what you're facing. Like maybe tack on an extra 2500 Iso to the 3* cover.
  • Please change it back D3. This change makes no sense from a players perspective. 2 steps forward, 3 steps back situation...you folks were on a roll, then your dropped this on us. Not everything has to be a gutpunch, skin of the teeth fight. I get that enough when I am matched up in pvp with teams that are about 100 levels higher than me, i get that when going up against the PVE teams. I expect something like that when running through the gauntlet. I expect something like that in a galactus event. Having a relatively simple area where people can just drop in and just play without an edge of the seat intensity or rolling of the eyes at the challenge before you is ok. In fact its a nice thing to have.

I started the node today and got through about 2 moves and decided to retreat. Not in the mood to tangle with ultron and his buddies. Not gonna let my guys die to this when I might need em for other things today (ie Hulk, ie make a move in McCoy; ie try to rack up some simulator points).

Let me shift your perspective into pacing; good stories have high intense scenes followed by reflective and more subdued scenes; time for the readers and the characters to catch their breath. The DDQ was a slow scene; it let us catch our breath. Just something to noodle around in and enjoy for that moment. Now its gone. Just admit this was a failed experiment; acknowledge the concerns of the player base, roll it back and chalk it up as a learning lesson.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually like this new, more challenging "random" style, but it should have been added as an additional node with a +1cp reward instead of taking the place of TBE. Add it separately as TBC or The Big Chimichanga.
  • Edith09
    Options
    I´m still winning with my usual teams (Big Enchilada beaten with 2 star.png Storm, Mags and Thor - sometimes I use lazy Thor instead) but it´s more difficult now. And most of the times it takes longer icon_evil.gif to finish it.

Edit
    And would it kill devs/game economy to add that 1 commandpoints.png as a reward....?
  • udonomefoo wrote:
    I actually like this new, more challenging "random" style, but it should have been added as an additional node with a +1cp reward instead of taking the place of TBE. Add it separately as TBC or The Big Chimichanga.

Maybe they could have done that, and that new mode could have been just the kind of opportunity players with well-developed 3* rosters but very few usable 4*s have been clamoring for as a means to gaining much-needed 4* cards... oh, wait. icon_rolleyes.gificon_e_wink.gif

DBC
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tatercat wrote:
    Do I have to start using 4*'s on this node for a 3* cover? Is that goal here from a design perspective?

This is the question we were asking in-alliance today. I questioned out there - several went (daily) at DDQ with a 4* roster, but several (like myself) went at it with our max/champed 3* rosters...characters we don't care if they get hurt, we won't be using health-packs on them since we won't be using them again that day.

Tatercat's question is an excellent one. What is the point of making these so difficult that maxed 3* rosters wipe? Isn't the -GOAL- to get 2*'s into the 3* transition?

Perhaps if you expect 4* rosters to be used to beat these, you should put 4* rewards out there.