Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Options

Comments

• haven't done anything but ddq all since change, run through all my health packs and wiped at first wave... progress has completely stopped, don't see the point in playing this game anymore, worthless devs
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not any more difficult than before, but I do like the variety!

DDQ isn't meant to be easy until you have a few good, high leveled characters. So get to practicing!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    After the initial butthurt of facing the loathsome Ultronbots, I've actually come around to the new design. Variety is good, and it's certainly providing that.

I'd like a little of that variety to spill over into the rewards, though, tbh.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have seen this happen in other games. Something that is unique and contrasts with the rest of the game (usually because it is easy and enjoyable) gets eliminated/updated because it "is not challenging enough". Casuals tend to abandon games when they sense the stubbornness of that mindset. Lack of contrast (skill levels, time commitment etc) makes the game become the Borg of grind.
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    Up until now my MBW had been sufficient, but the other day I found myself attempting the 1* node with a L1 Juggs. I think I boosted TU and won with a JG, but it's definitely frustrating to be well into my 4* transition and have to consider wasting ISO on another 1* character because they felt like they needed to fix something that wasn't broken.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ultron sentries in the first 2 waves of TBE today, brutal. By the time I got to wave 4 the ai was fully stocked on ap, came out firing: a little off the top, technopathic strike, summon demons, avengers assemble, demolition
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I never really understood why Ultron goons get to move and do their specials.

Today's DDQ is my all-time least favorite. Nothing you can do about all the AP they'll get, and then it takes awhile with all the D tiles they drop.

I got to final node and AI went Fury Yellow/Fury Blue/Whales. You have SW the node before that so you can't be saving -all- of your AP for that final node.

The match would be fine if the ultron goons weren't doing moves for the first two rounds.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got through it ok, but four waves of tile movers makes it rather tough to build up and plan out.

BTW, I noticed in wave 3 once I down Switch her CD tile remained??
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I particularly liked how when wave 4 started I got hit with Demolition TWICE. Once by a team up and once by Nick Fury. I'm glad to see the added feature where I can use team ups of the same characters I'm fighting with. GSBW with 3 Deceptive Tactics team ups please. Or maybe KK plus 3 Inhuman Stretchiness team ups? Steve Rogers plus 3 Peacemakers.....

Oh wait, another 'cheat' only the AI has access too. Nevermind, move along, nothing new to see here.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Today's DDQ was timed perfectly with Iron Man's makeover. Even with so many tile movers it was a piece of cake with him on side. Groot to pump out strike tiles with the blues and punch the board with the greens generated, and doom to provide rainbow coverage.

Punched the last goon before round 4 then diabolical plotted Fury to death before one shotting the other two with IM40's red, the damage on that is nuts now, especially with the cost lowered!
  • I don't like how I bust my 2* butt (Champed Thor, Champed Daken, Champed OBW) trying to kill 6 Ultron goons only to get hex bolted and reality crushed to death on the first turn of Wave 3.

Please bring back the old DDQ, where it was actually enjoyable to fight through the manageable waves and get rewarded with a much needed 3 star cover.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    2 Ultron waves, followed by multiple demolitions. Wow. If the devs don't think that is worth increased rewards, then they're even further out of touch than I could have possibly imagined. My Old Man died, and I even have a yellow. Good bloody luck to anyone trying to make a 2 to 3 star transition.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whoever approved this garbage needs to be fired ASAP. I've spent money on this game and have never felt so cheated in my life. I want to play the game I invested in, not this ****.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I saved Big Enchilada for last. All the other nodes looked like old-school DDQ, so I actually thought they reconsidered and switched it back. Then I opened BE to see the Ultron goons.

Honestly? I was glad. I didn't know how I'd feel about it at first, and it took me a few days to decide, but now I appreciate the added challenge. But I do share the sentiments that it should come with added rewards.
  • Today's back to back Ultron goons -> Scarlet Witch -> Fury/Deadpool caused me to lose a 3* DDQ in probably 5 months. Was a bit of a shock when the last wave came out firing with all their AP pretty much stocked to the max.

The 2nd run I had to change my strategy. 3* Cap, Scarlet Witch, and Hulk got me over the hump. Cap's stuns/shields in addition to Scarlet's stun + purple generation pushed me over the top. Actually made the last wave fairly easy because previous waves weren't able to generate as much AP (due to constant stunning).

While being forced to change strategies is a good thing, I guess, I think I'm with the majority of people where I just enjoyed the easier DDQ that I could play while eating breakfast in the morning without having to give as much concentration.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have two games. One finishing 4* transition (roster linked in sig) and one in near-max-2* (3 maxed 2*s, bunch of others around 70) land. The 4* game hasn't had much trouble (today's enchilada hurt a lot more than any prior one, but I was never in danger of wiping), but the 2* one... Ugh.

Wiped for the first time ever on 'Under the Sea' to the symbiotes yesterday. Beat it on second try by using more powers than I'm used to on the first wave, but it was still tough. Heck, I had some trouble with that one with my main game, with nearly maxed champion 2*s.

While I'm down with adding variety, not thrilled with the added difficulty. I really worry about the people trying to transition 2*->3*. They're the ones most helped by winning the whole enchilada (mostly just ISO to me, since I got my final 3* covers from the Valentine's PvP placement awards. Only really helps on days of my champions), but it seems that most days it's going to be really hard for them to finish.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Seriously, what is the point of having a mode for people in transition if you need to have a ridiculously powerful roster to get through it? Three attempts. First wiped out in round 3. Second I get ridiculous luck and manage to get to round 3 without the opponent's ap being loaded up. Still couldn't get past the round. Third attempt didn't even make it past round 2. Why do you have to ruin the best past of the game? Why do you hate us?
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've still been able to handle the new DDQ's with no problem, using the same teams I have since it started. However I do wonder who they're adjusting this for. I'm in the 4* level, building up my good ones past lvl 200 finally. While say, the Big Enchilada node, is now more challenging to me now, but the reward is still a 3* cover. I can handle a 4* deadpool showing up in the last wave (like it did the first day), but for someone who actually needs 3* covers, that seems like overkill. Maybe in a single wave node, like Dat Required Character, that's doable against a 4* team. But after two Ultron waves and a SWitch +goons wave? Is there an actual need for 4* rosters to be challenged with this node?

They switched it back to 3* Deadpool today, so maybe they're adjusting (tho reading comments here , maybe not). But if the point is to challenge 4* rosters why not just make a 4* only node for a 3 character team? It doesn't have to give out LT's like Crash of the Titans, it can be it's own separate daily node. Progression rewards don't need to change, that new node can just be bonus gravy for those who can handle it.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    While the new DDQ hasn't done much to hinder me (even if parts have been more annoying), my wife, who just started playing a few months ago, is now in the 2/3* transition.

The amount of angry DDQ texts I now get is at an all new high. I think she's strongly thinking about quitting because it is now more frustrating than anything else.

And you know who loses in this scenario? D3, because now they can't get her to buy HP for all the 90+ characters she'd need to buy roster slots for because she just doesn't care.

But then again... We're not supposed to win.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I didn't find Big Enchilada too bad today, with my usual team of Classic Storm, MN Mags and Steve Rogers. I attribute this purely to being able to kill Scarlet Witch before she could do anything, and then successfully stunlocking the final wave - sans Nick Fury, who managed to get off an Escape Plan before taking a shield to the face.