Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Options

Comments

• ThePLAV
    Options
    I have only ever used one team against The Big Enchilada: 2* Widow/Storm/Magneto. The sentry node nearly wiped me out, but that's nothing unexpected, since I'd wipe against ninjas once every few cycles because of a poor starting board.
    It might be because I play DDQ almost exclusively these days, but I'm okay with these changes with the opposing teams. It doesn't feel harder (in fact, yesterday's felt easier than a usual Enchilada), and I get a daily surprise.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So basically the complaint is because you can't do it in 3 seconds with no damage it's bad? I am a 2-3 star player and got so bored of the DDQ my 6 year old used to play it for me. Thanks for the refresh and adding a bit of interest again. This forum must be a terrible place for devs to get feedback. Such a large amount of people bleat when they can't get something done easy or fall in their lap just for logging on.

The only area I thought might be improved in ddq was clash of the titans. I'd rather see a match against a team that required a 166 3 star team to get 4 star covers much like the Big E works to go from 2 to 3. If you had the cover you could start adding to it in the same way with a challenging match up.
  • gigatilburg29
    gigatilburg29 Posts: 88 Match Maker
    Options
    I agree with the post above: I'm just playing for one year and i got bored with the same enemy's, waves etc...

The changes I do would like to see:

- Increased rewards (ISO, Taco tokens) as there is a mega shortage
    - Or decrease the vault size with less 2 Star characters, with the championing (need 100 extra cover per char = 40 char x 100 = 4000 extra covers). It should be raining 3 star covers.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haha, wait till they throw Juggernaut in as an enemy on the 1* star node .... will be hilarious to hear all the whining.
  • Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I remember barely pulling through DDQ Big E with my lvl 70 2* team. I have no idea how people in that situation are going to get through it now, and thats a shame. Obviously it got easier the more I played and once lvl 94, but when it came to ninja nodes it still took a few turns to get through.

However, I was regularly doing DDQ without taking any barely any damage now - maybe this is what they are trying to address? To least make it a challenge? I'm all for that in essence.

I use only non boosted characters (or true healers), so if I wipe it won't hurt PvP or PvE. I'll echo a lot of other comments here as there is an increase in difficulty, which should be reflected in rewards.

I welcome the change, I think they just made the same mistake as they did with the introduction of the 4*DDQ node Wolverine VS 3*Cyclops - they made it much harder than expected for the change. The next 2 DDQ BigE's were much simpler.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i really couldnt care less about the changes in ddq.

but using your resources to work on the single part of the game which didnt need any work, all while simultaneously ignoring other longtime requests (congrats btw to the iso20 changes, how long did they take you?) is just... nuts.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rbdragon wrote:
    Can we please stop with "The sky is falling" mentality over the new DDQ? That was WAY easier than before this time.....?
    Maybe that's because of the massive freakout on day 1...
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:
    Can we please stop with "The sky is falling" mentality over the new DDQ? That was WAY easier than before this time.....?

Day one had hated ultron goons first round is part of it.

Another part of it simply was change without much notice. Imagine if they had come out with a list of battles you would be facing a week before-hand? The "outrage" would have been muted, and more civilized discussion would (I like to believe) come about.

A bit more upfront communication would do a -WORLD- of difference in this game.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    well, a preview of opponents on wave nodes would be nice - for all wave nodes. hate having to guess, and if you guess wrong and it goes sideways, in normal pve, you can't go back and try again for pts of the final wave(s) - pts completely reset. if you could preview them like normal, there'd be no 'surprises', and that would result in much less 'outrage' or 'complaints' or 'concern' or however you want to couch it.

regardless I think the changes are bad for the 2* players trying to break into 3* play, which ddq is really designed to help the most. and it was really good at helping. now its not its just not quite as good since some setups will be much harder for them.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do enjoy the mixup, I always use 3* for the Big Enchilada anyway so no biggie for me, but when it first started, I only had my 2* team.

I worry for those who are in the transition, who don't have useable 3* and are using their 2* roster to build their 3*. The people who needed it when it first came out are likely the ones that are bored since they don't "need" it anymore.

The transitioners are going to find it much more difficult. There's less strategy to it than there used to be. With a predetermined wave pattern you could build up AP one wave and use it the next wave, to maintain control and survive with a 2* team. I think there will be many more wipes and many more frustrated people who have the req 3*, but can no longer beat the Big Enchilada.

The DDQ was designed for transitioners, and this change seems to benefit the people who don't "need" it by making it less monotonous. Even though the player base is growing with the game, don't forget there are always newer rosters that need to continue growing to get to the more mature rosters that would enjoy the mixed variety of characters in the revised DDQ.

Question: Is this only mixed up for the Deadpool month? or is this a permanent change?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Another part of it simply was change without much notice. Imagine if they had come out with a list of battles you would be facing a week before-hand? The "outrage" would have been muted, and more civilized discussion would (I like to believe) come about.

A bit more upfront communication would do a -WORLD- of difference in this game.

They wouldn't even need to go as far as listing what people would be facing, just explain that it was changing in a post on here and in the otherwise pointless ddq popup ingame and give some examples of the different kinds of matchups you could get compared with the previous ones.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I guess I'm weird in liking the change. It was very stale. I like the challenge of more variety.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mikepro wrote:
    It is horrible the way it is now. Before I could go to the washroom while at work and knock it off and leave the 1* node for later in the day so I get my sheild resupply. And now nope can't go take a **** and knock off 3 nodes of ddq and use some iso or open my tokens now. Now I get to do it at home cause who knows how long today's will take.

Please change it back to the old system.

Have you considered eating less fiber?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    rbdragon wrote:

Day one had hated ultron goons first round is part of it.

Another part of it simply was change without much notice.
    I don't think I was asking why people freaked out on day 1. I'm pretty sure I was crediting it with being a possible reason as to why today was so much easier.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    I worry for those who are in the transition, who don't have useable 3* and are using their 2* roster to build their 3*. The people who needed it when it first came out are likely the ones that are bored since they don't "need" it anymore.

The transitioners are going to find it much more difficult. There's less strategy to it than there used to be. With a predetermined wave pattern you could build up AP one wave and use it the next wave, to maintain control and survive with a 2* team. I think there will be many more wipes and many more frustrated people who have the req 3*, but can no longer beat the Big Enchilada.

Speaking as one of those in the 3* transition, I'm okay with the change. I'm still using a 2* team for the Big Enchilada (Thor, OBW, Storm). They are championed, so they're in the 107-110 level range, which makes it easier. When they were around level 90 I could win about 2/3 of the time, and never against ninjas. Before the change I could win every time except against ninjas. After the change, I've won every BE I've done (all but the Squirrel Girl day since I don't have her) but it has been more challenging. The first day with Ultron goons OBW did drop to 700 HP before healing up. As long as there aren't the tough ninja waves, I'll be okay with the change. But then again, it's still a small sample size since the change happened recently.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ugh, ultron drones on the first one. I really need that iso too. Almost lost the second one too against the who known what.
  • Monged4life
    Options
    Ultron with 2*Thor was still easily defeated by a Single maxed Juggernaught. Since they haven't moved away from the 2*s and goons setup for this node I'm confident nothing will appear here which Juggernaught cannot handle, or which would stop him from being used.

2* Waves with symbiotes was daunting at first, but in the end they die just as quickly as everything else at that lower level, also not a problem.

Doombots yet again for the 3* required was childishly easy.

Last node seemed fairly standard difficulty.

The big enchilada I managed to fail on the first try, thanks to nobody's favourite goon, the ninjas... I don't think it was any harder than the original ninja enchillada's used to be. There were no nasty surprises after the first wave. I only failed it because I'd brought along a team that ran off of Patch... and using him with attack tiles everywhere wasn't the smartest move.

Overall I don't believe the average difficulty of the new DDQ is any harder than it used to be, it just isn't as predictable any more so you can't snooze by it in your sleep, which I think is what has many have found upsetting.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my jugs finished the 1* node too but took me forever to get red/green going and he was down to about 1/4 health at the end. with ninjas and carnage, I think ultron swarms are at the top of my least favorite list. not because they are hard to defeat themselves, but because they create so much dang ap for others to use.
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just started doing the 1st level and only have a lvl 10 jug. Had been beating it the last few days since I started, but today was just a joke. I really need the iso right now too. Lvl two they are weak enough to get by but was a lot tougher than it should have been. Also suck having to use health packs after it because I don't want to wait almost 3hrs for my team to heal up for lvl 3
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah can't say I've found these to be any harder than usual. Cage/Fist/cmags still wrecks the last node and I just pick dpool and whoever for the required char node.

I remember starting these up back when I had 4x 2*s barely maxed out (last year, when it was introduced) and it was pretty hard then; I think it took me a full cycle (7 weeks at the time, I think) to consistently clear the Big Enchilada (maffia boss into 4hor/panther got me every time).

I don't think the new deal is consistantly harder, just different and (on somedays) maybe a little more annoying. There aren't any new rewards, though, so I can't say it's an 'improvement' for me, but I don't think it's a loss of any kind.