Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

Options

Comments

• Monged4life
    Options
    1* node seemed to be the only one unchanged. There isn't a 2* jugs so you should still be fine here.
  • I understand that a lot of people are pretty tinykittied over DDQ today, as I wasn't expecting a jump in difficulty like that either although as a 3*>4* transitioner I didn't find it that tough (used my normal Hood, LCap & GSBW team), however I might have been one of the only few that actually enjoyed it.

I would like to see that node again in future but perhaps under a different circumstance maybe. I wouldn't mind seeing an extra node in DDQ exactly like todays TBE which pops up on say on the 4* essential days and it offering 5CP as a reward upon completion.

And if we are going see some of those carnage/venom goons in a TBE style format (and good God I tinykittying hate the bytes of data they occupy in the game code itself!) why not chuck those in an extra node that turns up on say, Wednesday, call it "mid-week massacre" or something and it give out a random prize of either 100HP, 2x Taco Tokens or an extra 2000 ISO?.

On top of that, if the player achieves completion of both nodes in a weeks cycle then the player could be awarded another prize for consistency, I don't know, maybe cycling between 3CP, 1000 ISO, 100HP or 3 Tacos.

Thoughts?
  • QuizB
    QuizB Posts: 35
    Options
    The difficulty has gone up without rewards going up.
    So, at minimum, give the players a Taco Token for completing round 1 of the BE.

More Iso fodder (most likely) for those of us that don't need the 3* cover to transition.

More chance for those that do need the cover, but can't beat it due to underdeveloped 2 or 3* roster.

Would 3 tokens a day really ruin anything?
  • spiderpool wrote:
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Isn't the "low level 2*s noob" going to be lacking the essential 3* as well? DDQ was never meant for them beyond perhaps the 1* node and one of the 2* ones, maybe.

Many of them will be lacking the 3* essential but I'm sure there are also many who have all or most of the 3* but have none of them well covered. I was in that boat when ddq first started.

I've been playing almost since day one but because of work I was never able to have the time to compete in pve and my 2* couldn't compete in pvp so random tokens were my only means of 3*. By the time ddq came I had at least one cover of most 3* and the ones I didn't get I had a chance at in the ddq vault. Thanks to ddq I was able to get my 3* rolling which made me able to compete in pvp and get 4* rolling. Now I have all my 3* covered and half of them championed and some strong 4* and 5* as well.

My 3* and 4* breezed thorough today like always but if ddq had been like this when I was transitioning I don't think I would have been able to do it and I'd still be stuck and still just log in once a day to claim my daily reward. To me ddq was, and should be, a way to transition from 2* to 3* and help you get to the point where you can actually play the game.

This is exactly where I am now, and I can tell you that it really, really sucked today. The thing I've been finally able to rely on and get through with some difficulty, yes, but getting through on most days, but now is adding the kinds of goons I dread in PVE? I understand that not all content is for lower rosters. This however just set me back hugely when with the championing I was finally getting somewhere with my two stars that I still rely heavily on. This was the content for lower rosters, and now it feels like it's being pulled out of my grasp again.

I've had to scale back to a casual player due to the game burning me out far too fast, and DDQ was something I could still use to progress. But if they're raising the bar on it to where I can't reach then honestly that takes out the one thing I do on some days. I've really enjoyed some of the new changes, but this has very nearly put me back to nearly quitting like I was back during Christmas with the burn out. Which is sad because the game had been improving.

I guess the main thing I don't understand is that in this meta age of 4-5* being the top, is it really necessary to try to slow down the 2-3* transition? Because it is already decently long for a casual player.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm in that 3* transition (none above my 2* champions yet) and still beat it. Sure, it was harder, but I have never beat the ones with ninjas, so at least it's easier than that. I usually use Thor/OBW/Storm and can make it out with "full" health b/c of OBW healing, but not this time. Like a couple posters already said, a little too soon to condemn the changes yet. I too will wait to cast judgement.

If this ends up being the most difficult Big Enchilada gets because there are less ninjas... I just might be okay with that.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ok, another thing. While the devs found time to implement new enemy configurations, and a new piece of art as the event backdrop, they apparently didn't feel it was necessary to change the names of the missions or the flavour text. Giving those a fresh look would've really completed the "overhaul".
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My god.
    Seems like an appropriate response. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Monochromize
    Options
    I thought so. Let's break the only thing in the whole game that's not broken, wheeeee.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought so. Let's break the only thing in the whole game that's not broken, wheeeee.
    Well, since it's completely broken now, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    come on you selfish jerks, clearly you don't understand that everyone needs to buy more health packs, its so selfish of you morons to not want to spend money on health packs.
    this reminds me of the jerk I know that does things for the sole reason of being a jerk.
    Oh wait I meant the devs did this for the sole reason of being a jerk. you know there is some lonely miserable jerk developer that thought it was awesome to make it harder for everyone one. I guess that means I definitely won't be recommending this game to their target audience of new morons, I mean players
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Isn't the "low level 2*s noob" going to be lacking the essential 3* as well? DDQ was never meant for them beyond perhaps the 1* node and one of the 2* ones, maybe.

The low level noob is going to pick up plenty of 1-2 cover 3*s from tokens and and noob bracket placement awards. A N00b isn't theoretical, it is a real account I set up to replay the game and try out the new player experience a while back, and ddq was a cornerstone of its transition from 2* to 3* since I had no time to play competitively.

You can beat the first wave node reliably with unmaxed 1*s for a taco and the essential node as well. The Big Enchilada was doable with incomplete, unmaxed 2*s.

Not sure how possible it is now... I might start rebuilding a new set of 1-2* and see how it goes.
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Being a primarily DDQ-only ultra casual player since last year, imagine my surprise seeing the new and improved wave nodes.
    Barely got through TBE with FatThor/MMags/CStorm with Fatty dying and the other 2 down to a few hundred health.
    If this is the new norm, I guess I'm finally done with MPQ.
  • Juggernut
    Juggernut Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah I don't get it either. There's a multitude of legitimate issues they could have spent time working on (scaling, locking nodes, iso shortage, RNG, game crashes, hero balances etc), yet they chose to open another can of worms.

trap.png Pro tip: Voting with your wallet will have a more profound effect than complaining on the forums. Do both and Deadpool will blast a dookie on D3's doorstep trap.png
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Juggernut wrote:
    Yeah I don't get it either. There's a multitude of legitimate issues they could have spent time working on (scaling, locking nodes, iso shortage, RNG, game crashes, hero balances etc), yet they chose to open another can of worms.

trap.png Pro tip: Voting with your wallet will have a more profound effect than complaining on the forums. Do both and Deadpool will blast a dookie on D3's doorstep trap.png

Very true. Unfortunately, with the 20 ISO changes I finally thought they were back on the right track, so I ended my stretch of not buying anything that I started at the second anniversary "you're supposed to lose" fiasco. Silly of me to think they'd keep things going in the right direction.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    New McG wrote:
    Well, since it's completely broken now, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    I think we found the new raisin
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    1063995.jpg?lines=I+for+one+welcome+%0Aour+new+DDQ+overlords
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    i'm OK with the increased difficulty. but please devs, any increased difficulty should be accompanied by increased rewards.

toss in a third DDQ token. or, reward another couple thousand in ISO.

failing that, give us back the old DDQ.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm really interested to see what people's reactions are like tomorrow if Ultron waves (or symbiotes) aren't included in Enchilada.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    It's COMMON FREAKING SENSE that they should have simply upped the rewards, with this change.

I mean......at most workplaces, when your boss gives you HARDER / MORE WORK TO DO, you usually get a raise.

( and for those of you who'll come in and say "my job don't compensate me for my diligent work" or "sounds like entitlement to me", I am sorry that you are stuck in an unfair situation or life, but you certainly have grounds to sue your way out of it )
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    1063995.jpg?lines=I+for+one+welcome+%0Aour+new+DDQ+overlords

It is posts like this that keep this forum alive for me. I would up vote a billion times just for the laughs. It's amazing how many memes fit so effortlessly into the MPQ world.