Welcome to the new and "improved" DDQ

1131415161719»

Comments

• Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    Rough day again today. In large part because all four nodes had movers again - no chance to catch up on AP when you are using it all to eliminate those tile movers.

Round 1 Capt. Marvel has a ton of health, had my champed LT half dead before I got out of the round.
    Round 2 IF, so have to use a bunch of that AP
    Round 3 one of the ultron goons, have to use some more AP.
    ...haven't gathered much AP to finish off round 4 at this point, and...
    SURPRISE! Ultron / FalCap (who immediately flooded the board with yellow D tiles), Cap.

Beat it first time (level 170+ Hood/LT/DP), but it was a close one. Needed that Jean TU that I brought along.

Agree, it was brutal. I used champed Daken, LThor and blade. Blade was dead by the end of wave 2, and daken was removed by the opening wave 4. Luckily I had 30 green saved - so smashed through the end in two hits.

But really painful. When I saw the opening to wave 4 I didnt think I would make it, was lucky.
  • Yeah not fun, another node I withdrew on...that first one, big health and tile stealers...not fun...who's frigging bright idea was to change this? Seriously...are you trying to irritate your customers? or you sitting gleefully behind your desks...enjoying us twitch in agony? This change just boggles the mind.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this is one of the most brutal ones yet. My whole team ended up down over 50% health and I use a DP/Cage/Switch team, all championed that is normally very efficient in these events. I was down over 50% with Cage's protect tile even. The Falcap and Cap and Ultron at the final wave was really bad because as noted earlier, I used up all of my stored AP on the earlier waves since they were all very difficult and by the time the fourth wave hit - Falcap was able to hit both his yellow and red since the AI had both stored up and Cap's blue shield. Then Ultron placed his black tiles and it was a tenacious fight that I eventually won but I spent way more health and time than necessary for a node like this. The Ultron goons are really, really annoying....never thought I would be saying this but give us back the Hand ninja icon_e_sad.gif

I am waiting for the Big Enchilada node that is all Hand Ninja and Sentry bots mixed together in waves along with Gorgon/Hood/She-Hulk mixed in one per wave with the last wave being a Patch/Loki/IF wave. At this rate, it will happen icon_lol.gif

I see this thread got removed from the general discussion and put into the Event forum. Probably the right call based on topic but also helps less people see it.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Super rough again today, really wish the 2nd round (with standard goons) and 1st round (with mutants) were flipped. My team was half dead by end of enchilada, and -all- of that damage was done in the first round of it...then the 3rd/4th you have tons of AP and it was trivial.

Would have been more interesting if you build up your AP round one and had to choose how/when to spend it in the following three rounds.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    today was rough. was glad I had healers with the xf twins (even if underleveled). I use them for the purple/black combo and with cmags for the cascades and fun, but today was the first time I actually "NEEDED" their healing capabilities.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Strange. I actually thought today was one of the easier ones.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using four 2*'s forever - Ares/Thor/Storm/OBW. That's it, that's all you need.

UNTIL TODAY. 1* Widow and 3* Storm in there...forces you into this match with two characters if you were holding just those four!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    glad I had mnmags today for just that reason. although since im40's redo, I won't be using mnmags nearly as much.